• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Black Tek Server Pre-Release

I forgot to change the players "imbued" value between true and false during equip/un-equip. It was keeping the duration from being removed. Now it works properly if you apply this patch file. If you would rather add by hand, his is picture of the changes.

1715247015290.png
Post automatically merged:

Also, for anyone trying it out, please note that I handle duration differently than the standard way in TFS. I am not using 1000 = 1 second. No. 1 = 1 second. So if you set it for 60*1000, you are setting it for 1 thousand minutes... this does mean we lose millisecond precision, but who needs to decay items several times a second anyway?

Attachments

• imbuementDuration.patch
    2.4 KB · Views: 2 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
Hi,

trying to compile it with Visual Studio 2022 but get the same error despite your instructions.
Code:
Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State    Details
Error    C2036    'MatrixArea *': unknown size    Black-Tek-Server    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.39.33519\include\vector    2055

Default file looks like this:
Code:
[settings]
arch=x86_64
build_type=Release
compiler=msvc
compiler.cppstd=20
compiler.runtime=dynamic
compiler.version=193
os=Windows

Project property in Visual Studio 2022 looks like this:
Code:
ISO C++20 Standard (/std:c++20)

Hi,

trying to compile it with Visual Studio 2022 but get the same error despite your instructions.
Code:
Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State    Details
Error    C2036    'MatrixArea *': unknown size    Black-Tek-Server    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\2022\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.39.33519\include\vector    2055

Default file looks like this:
Code:
[settings]
arch=x86_64
build_type=Release
compiler=msvc
compiler.cppstd=20
compiler.runtime=dynamic
compiler.version=193
os=Windows

Project property in Visual Studio 2022 looks like this:
Code:
ISO C++20 Standard (/std:c++20)
same error matrixarea using ubuntu 22

@llouche and @tibera

I am dumfounded as to how this is happening. I have some that it works fine for, others get this error. One such person who had this error though, this is how he solved it.

1715269089452.png

Please let me know if this fixes the compilation problem for you... and yes its normal to get two loss of precision warnings if you do.

I think you should be able to just open up matrixarea.h and add "#include <valarray>". I don't know that for sure though, as I don't have a problem compiling it the way it is...

This here is confirmed fix.

1715282018541.png

Last edited:
@llouche and @tibera

I am dumfounded as to how this is happening. I have some that it works fine for, others get this error. One such person who had this error though, this is how he solved it.

View attachment 84511

Please let me know if this fixes the compilation problem for you... and yes its normal to get two loss of precision warnings if you do.

I think you should be able to just open up matrixarea.h and add "#include <valarray>". I don't know that for sure though, as I don't have a problem compiling it the way it is...

This here is confirmed fix.

View attachment 84517

C++:
[ 16%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/tfs.dir/src/creature.cpp.o

In file included from /usr/include/c++/11/vector:67,

from /usr/include/c++/11/functional:62,

from /usr/include/c++/11/pstl/glue_algorithm_defs.h:13,

from /usr/include/c++/11/algorithm:74,

from /home/pro/blacktek/src/otpch.h:9,

from /home/pro/blacktek/build/CMakeFiles/tfs.dir/cmake_pch.hxx:5,

from <command-line>:

/usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_vector.h: In instantiation of ‘std::_Vector_base<_Tp, _Alloc>::~_Vector_base() [with _Tp = MatrixArea; _Alloc = std::allocator<MatrixArea>]’:

/usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_vector.h:683:7:   required from ‘std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::~vector() [with _Tp = MatrixArea; _Alloc = std::allocator<MatrixArea>]’

/home/pro/blacktek/src/combat.h:69:7:   required from ‘void std::default_delete<_Tp>::operator()(_Tp*) const [with _Tp = AreaCombat]’

/usr/include/c++/11/bits/unique_ptr.h:361:17:   required from ‘std::unique_ptr<_Tp, _Dp>::~unique_ptr() [with _Tp = AreaCombat; _Dp = std::default_delete<AreaCombat>]’

/home/pro/blacktek/src/combat.h:86:3:   required from here

/usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_vector.h:336:49: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘class MatrixArea’

336 |                       _M_impl._M_end_of_storage - _M_impl._M_start);

|                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In file included from /home/pro/blacktek/src/game.h:8,

from /home/pro/blacktek/src/creature.cpp:7:

/home/pro/blacktek/src/combat.h:19:7: note: forward declaration of ‘class MatrixArea’

19 | class MatrixArea;

|       ^~~~~~~~~~

In file included from /usr/include/c++/11/bits/move.h:57,

from /usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_pair.h:59,

from /usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_algobase.h:64,

from /usr/include/c++/11/bits/specfun.h:45,

from /usr/include/c++/11/cmath:1935,

from /home/pro/blacktek/src/definitions.h:30,

from /home/pro/blacktek/src/otpch.h:7,

from <command-line>:

/usr/include/c++/11/type_traits: In instantiation of ‘struct std::is_destructible<MatrixArea>’:

/usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_construct.h:188:51:   required from ‘constexpr void std::_Destroy(_ForwardIterator, _ForwardIterator) [with _ForwardIterator = MatrixArea*]’

/usr/include/c++/11/bits/alloc_traits.h:848:15:   required from ‘void std::_Destroy(_ForwardIterator, _ForwardIterator, std::allocator<_T2>&) [with _ForwardIterator = MatrixArea*; _Tp = MatrixArea]’

/usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_vector.h:680:15:   required from ‘std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::~vector() [with _Tp = MatrixArea; _Alloc = std::allocator<MatrixArea>]’

/home/pro/blacktek/src/combat.h:69:7:   required from ‘void std::default_delete<_Tp>::operator()(_Tp*) const [with _Tp = AreaCombat]’

/usr/include/c++/11/bits/unique_ptr.h:361:17:   required from ‘std::unique_ptr<_Tp, _Dp>::~unique_ptr() [with _Tp = AreaCombat; _Dp = std::default_delete<AreaCombat>]’

/usr/include/c++/11/type_traits:885:52: error: static assertion failed: template argument must be a complete class or an unbounded array

885 |       static_assert(std::__is_complete_or_unbounded(__type_identity<_Tp>{}),

|                     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/usr/include/c++/11/type_traits:885:52: note: ‘std::__is_complete_or_unbounded<std::__type_identity<MatrixArea> >((std::__type_identity<MatrixArea>{}, std::__type_identity<MatrixArea>()))’ evaluates to false

In file included from /usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_iterator.h:85,

from /usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_algobase.h:67,

from <command-line>:

/usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_construct.h: In instantiation of ‘constexpr void std::_Destroy(_ForwardIterator, _ForwardIterator) [with _ForwardIterator = MatrixArea*]’:

/usr/include/c++/11/bits/alloc_traits.h:848:15:   required from ‘void std::_Destroy(_ForwardIterator, _ForwardIterator, std::allocator<_T2>&) [with _ForwardIterator = MatrixArea*; _Tp = MatrixArea]’

/usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_vector.h:680:15:   required from ‘std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::~vector() [with _Tp = MatrixArea; _Alloc = std::allocator<MatrixArea>]’

/usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_construct.h:188:51: error: static assertion failed: value type is destructible

188 |       static_assert(is_destructible<_Value_type>::value,

|                                                   ^~~~~

/usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_construct.h:188:51: note: ‘std::integral_constant<bool, false>::value’ evaluates to false

/usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_construct.h:195:25: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘using value_type = std::remove_cv_t<MatrixArea>’ {aka ‘class MatrixArea’}

195 |       std::_Destroy_aux<__has_trivial_destructor(_Value_type)>::

|                         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/home/pro/blacktek/src/combat.h:19:7: note: forward declaration of ‘using value_type = std::remove_cv_t<MatrixArea>’ {aka ‘class MatrixArea’}

19 | class MatrixArea;

|       ^~~~~~~~~~

In file included from /usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_iterator.h:85,

from /usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_algobase.h:67,

from <command-line>:

/usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_construct.h: In instantiation of ‘static constexpr void std::_Destroy_aux<<anonymous> >::__destroy(_ForwardIterator, _ForwardIterator) [with _ForwardIterator = MatrixArea*; bool <anonymous> = false]’:

/usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_construct.h:193:39:   required from ‘constexpr void std::_Destroy(_ForwardIterator, _ForwardIterator) [with _ForwardIterator = MatrixArea*]’

/usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_construct.h:162:39: error: cannot increment a pointer to incomplete type ‘MatrixArea’

162 |           for (; __first != __last; ++__first)

|                                       ^~~~~~~

/usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_construct.h: In instantiation of ‘constexpr void std::destroy_at(_Tp*) [with _Tp = MatrixArea]’:

/usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_construct.h:149:22:   required from ‘constexpr void std::_Destroy(_Tp*) [with _Tp = MatrixArea]’

/usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_construct.h:163:19:   required from ‘static constexpr void std::_Destroy_aux<<anonymous> >::__destroy(_ForwardIterator, _ForwardIterator) [with _ForwardIterator = MatrixArea*; bool <anonymous> = false]’

/usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_construct.h:193:39:   required from ‘constexpr void std::_Destroy(_ForwardIterator, _ForwardIterator) [with _ForwardIterator = MatrixArea*]’

/usr/include/c++/11/bits/stl_construct.h:88:22: error: invalid use of incomplete type ‘class MatrixArea’

88 |         __location->~_Tp();

|         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~

/home/pro/blacktek/src/combat.h:19:7: note: forward declaration of ‘class MatrixArea’

19 | class MatrixArea;

|       ^~~~~~~~~~

make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/tfs.dir/build.make:269: CMakeFiles/tfs.dir/src/creature.cpp.o] Error 1

make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:102: CMakeFiles/tfs.dir/all] Error 2

make: *** [Makefile:91: all] Error 2

work for me in ubuntu 22.04 !! check prints and some changes in server.cpp

Line 113 and 168.
Before:
Code:
g_scheduler.addEvent(createSchedulerTask(15000, [=, thisPtr = std::weak_ptr<ServicePort>(shared_from_this())]() { ServicePort::eek:penAcceptor(thisPtr, serverPort); }));

After:
Code:
g_scheduler.addEvent(createSchedulerTask(15000, [this, thisPtr = std::weak_ptr<ServicePort>(shared_from_this())]() {
    ServicePort::eek:penAcceptor(thisPtr, serverPort);
}));

src/Cmakelists.txt
Lua:
set(tfs_SRC

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/otpch.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/actions.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/ban.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/baseevents.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/bed.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/chat.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/combat.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/condition.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/configmanager.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/connection.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/container.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/creature.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/creatureevent.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/cylinder.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/database.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/databasemanager.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/databasetasks.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/depotchest.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/depotlocker.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/events.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/fileloader.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/game.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/globalevent.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/guild.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/groups.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/house.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/housetile.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/inbox.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/imbuement.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/iologindata.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/iomap.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/iomapserialize.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/iomarket.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/item.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/items.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/luascript.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/mailbox.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/map.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/matrixarea.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/monster.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/monsters.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/mounts.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/movement.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/networkmessage.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/npc.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/otserv.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/outfit.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/outputmessage.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/party.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/player.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/position.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/protocol.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/protocolgame.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/protocollogin.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/protocolold.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/protocolstatus.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/quests.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/raids.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/rsa.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/scheduler.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/scriptmanager.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/script.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/server.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/signals.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/spawn.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/spells.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/storeinbox.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/talkaction.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/tasks.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/teleport.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/thing.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/tile.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/tools.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/trashholder.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/vocation.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/weapons.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/wildcardtree.cpp

${CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_DIR}/xtea.cpp

PARENT_SCOPE)
1715282584480.png1715282633863.png1715282655990.png1715283508453.png

Last edited:
View attachment 84469

To make an imbuement with this system, you do so by creating it in lua like so
Lua:
--- Imbuement(type, value, duration, decaytype)
local imbue = Imbuement(IMBUEMENT_TYPE_DEATH_DAMAGE, 15, 65, 2) -- decaytype 1 for equipped, 2 for infight, i forgot to register their enums :D

The item must have slots already. I have included a test talk action I was using to make imbued items for testing.

Here is a picture of the available imbuement api, but the sources also contain comments inside each method (in the sources) to serve as an example.

and also a picture of the available "types"

View attachment 84473View attachment 84472
Lua:
Lua Script Error: [Event Interface]
data/events/scripts/player.lua:Player@onLook
...ek/data/scripts/eventcallbacks/player/default_onLook.lua:57: attempt to call a table value
stack traceback:
    ...ek/data/scripts/eventcallbacks/player/default_onLook.lua:57: in function 'callback'
    /home/pro/blacktek/data/scripts/lib/event_callbacks.lua:141: in function 'onLook'
    data/events/scripts/player.lua:12: in function <data/events/scripts/player.lua:9>

Lua:
Lua Script Error: [Event Interface]
data/events/scripts/player.lua:Player@onLook
...ek/data/scripts/eventcallbacks/player/default_onLook.lua:57: attempt to call a table value
stack traceback:
    ...ek/data/scripts/eventcallbacks/player/default_onLook.lua:57: in function 'callback'
    /home/pro/blacktek/data/scripts/lib/event_callbacks.lua:141: in function 'onLook'
    data/events/scripts/player.lua:12: in function <data/events/scripts/player.lua:9>
Yeah the fix is just to wrap item:getImbuements() with pairs(). You can see how I did that in one of my previous pictures, I also added duration to the onlook. Go back a few posts and look at the screens hots I shared, you should be able to spot it pretty easily

Here it is @tibera 1715302725108.png

Obviously the one that matters for your specific error is the top one

What kind of program are you compiling the source code for Windows with? I can't compile any of them; it always gives errors like int32, int16, etc. I've corrected them, and errors still come up. I'm about to give up. What are the libs and boots you're using there?

1715306247542.png
1>LINK: Fatal error LNK1181: Unable to open input file 'zstd_static.lib'

What kind of program are you compiling the source code for Windows with? I can't compile any of them; it always gives errors like int32, int16, etc. I've corrected them, and errors still come up. I'm about to give up. What are the libs and boots you're using there?

View attachment 84525
1>LINK: Fatal error LNK1181: Unable to open input file 'zstd_static.lib'
I think it might be easier for you to explain to me what it is you are doing? None of the libs are supposed to be static. So I am not sure how or why yours is trying to compile a static lib.

For the record, I don't use any libs that are any different than what TFS comes with... Are you running "setup_build.py" to generate that solution file or no? You can message me on discord under the same name I have here, to get faster responses if you need help troubleshooting getting it setup to compile.

Also for the record, since I have slowed down immensely on the dev work (not on vacation anymore, and imbuements slowed me down), I will be trying to open the repo to public this weekend. I have just a couple more things I want to do first, but when I open it, I might also do an official release as well (which means executables and such already ready to download)

Yeah the fix is just to wrap item:getImbuements() with pairs(). You can see how I did that in one of my previous pictures, I also added duration to the onlook. Go back a few posts and look at the screens hots I shared, you should be able to spot it pretty easily

Here it is @tibera View attachment 84524

Obviously the one that matters for your specific error is the top one
Can share link commit?

here is the latest version, will have all the fixes you are looking for...

Attachments

• BlackTek-Server.zip
    10.9 MB · Views: 4 · VirusTotal
Just to let everyone know. There are known bugs (and fixes) for black tek right now. Here's a list.

Imbuement duration returning no more than 64 seconds (fixed in pending commit)
Reloading with imbuements being used in lua can cause crash (fixed in pending commit)
Bad Coalition error for database, during login when building debug build (commit found that fixes it, on tfs main branch)

If anyone finds anymore bugs please let me know asap. I have fixed the first two, going to make a few additions to imbuements in the same commit before I upload to master tho. The bad coalition error for reading mismatched types in database, tfs has a fix for it, I didn't see it before because it wasn't labelled as a fix, but I will implement it and the rest of the fixes sometime later this day. This day being saturday, as its 4 am here, I need to go to bed soon and will be back at it after work.

Ok guys I didn't have as much time to dedicate to Black Tek Server this weekend as I had hoped, so instead of doing both a release version and opening the server repository to the public... I decided to settle on one. Since there are more things that need resolving yet, the first "official release" will be pushed back a bit, perhaps next weekend.
However that opens up the good news that everyone has wanted all along. I have made Black Tek Server public now.

I don't expect to receive any PR's or anything, and I am not out here "seeking help". This was always a personal project meant to help me with learning, while also doing something I have wanted to do for years now anyways. That being said, all PR's are very much welcome. I will be trying to accept only those that fit certain guidelines that I don't have completely worked out exactly yet. Give me time to organize it, I know what I want, I just don't know how to express it in defined terms yet.

I will be much more flexible on accepting PR's than what has been observed by other projects over the years, including the main repositories. Things such as unagreeable variable names, or type preference and such, these trivial things wont cause good code to sit there going stale at Black Tek.

Status on Imbuements. They should be working ok now. The bug crash, and bug with :getDuration in lua returning a max of 64 have both been fixed. As always though, I appreciate and look into any reports of bugs and such! Thanks guys, hope you enjoy.

PS. I will also work on getting better documentation for setting up the build, for now please seek help if you have problems, either here or in the only other black tek thread. Alternatively you can add me on discord. Same name as I have here and github, and every where else on the internet.

Back