• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Built TFS, now setting up server. Where do these files go? (config.lua, dlls, data folder)

swashed

Reaction score
My build folder for TFS looks like this:
1714356098962.png

And the guide (here) says the server files should look like this:
1714356013346.png

What directory are these files going in? It seems the next handful of steps are about building out a bunch of stuff but I'm not sure I'm putting the files in the right place.
Post automatically merged:

Nevermind. They just go in their own separate folder.

Last edited:
Okay, so you just compiled Engine with required dll's,
in folder "theforgottenserver" you should have config, data and rest that u mentioned.

if you dont have them, you have to download it from project that you are using, for sure these files are there.

My build folder for TFS looks like this:
View attachment 84200

And the guide (here) says the server files should look like this:
View attachment 84199

What directory are these files going in? It seems the next handful of steps are about building out a bunch of stuff but I'm not sure I'm putting the files in the right place.
Post automatically merged:

Nevermind. They just go in their own separate folder.
Could you make a screenshot of how you have your folders atm? I feel like im messing it up here

1715434820199.png1715434835730.png

Back