• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Security ~Warning~ For Virus threads on Otland! (what to do)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I've noticed that the last few days people are making new accounts and posting viruses and other programs that will ruin your computer, I've made this thread to warn people about it and how to avoid getting those annoying viruses and other malware.

<If you don't trust>
First of all, if you want to download something then look who posted it.
-If it's some one below 20 posts becareful mostly people with low posts are posting viruses.
-Read the messages below, since other people might warn you that it's infected or something.
-If you really want to download it, since you cant see any harm then scan it before opening, you can get scan programs for free at this website link Online malware scan

<If you found a virus in a post>
If you downloaded a file and it was infected by anything you should, report/warn people.
-You downloaded something and it was infected what now!?, Just simply push on the "Report" button under the avatar that made the virus thread, Report what you found and if you have a virus scan report or Screenshot put in it to, Mods will check the thread so fast as possible, Ofcourse only report that thread 1 time.
-You might post a message with big letters in red "Virus do not download!" to warn other people, Ofcourse dont start spamming that thread 1 time is enough.

<My computer got infected what now?>
-If your computer got infected by some virus or other annoying programs you need to scan your computer with some virus scanners,There are many free online virus scanners (Housecall) and many more!.

<Help I can't remove the virus what now?>
If you got infected and you can't remove the program/virus u should do the following.
-Try to find out with what you got infected and find some information about it on internet, you could download tools to specially remove that virus.
-You couldn't find enough/none information about it but you are 100% sure you are infected, If you know the name of the virus use your search function (on your computer) and find out where it's hiding. If you know where's it's hiding you should now "return your computer in time" to remove it. How? Click Start> all programs> systemtools> system recovery.
Put your computer back in time around 1 day before you got infected.. wait till your computer restarted and ready for some action. Now u need to go where the virus is hidding and deled it (It should be possible now) But lookout some viruses reinstall themselves.. sometimes a virus got more programs for it if it gets deleted it remakes itself automatic.

Note:
If these tips didn't help then don't bother to pm me! There are more ways to remove viruses on a save way!

Empty//
Also, I've noticed that some people are sending links thru PMs, never download anything sent to you by PM unless you really trust the person that sent it to you. There have been numerous accounts mass-PMing people with infected servers and other stuff. Do not download and report it to us immediately!

P.s)
Sorry for my grammer :huh::thumbup:
Yours,
Mokerhamer

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I've noticed that some people are sending links thru PMs, never download anything sent to you by PM unless you really trust the person that sent it to you. There have been numerous accounts mass-PMing people with infected servers and other stuff. Do not download!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back