• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Wellington, New Zealand Earthquake's 2013

Peroxide

Gone since January 2018
Senator
Reaction score
Wellington, New Zealand
Earthquake 2013

0:31 seconds into the video is 12:00AM Sunday, 21 July 2013.
[video=youtube;ktnn8Ii9cFU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktnn8Ii9cFU[/video]​

Well it's nothing new that New Zealand is prone to earthquakes, lately we've been having a lot of Earthquakes and they're expected to continue for some time.
Yesterday morning there was a good 70+ Earthquakes in just over an hour if I recall.

So anyhow, I know two other OtLander's who live in my city
Sharp
BeniS

So anyway, if you don't hear anything from us for some time and there's news coverage of a 'massive' earthquake in New Zealand then don't be surprised if we aren't on,
we could have no internet or we could be dead, who knows how it'll turn out.

You can view Wellington earthquake readings here

Last edited:
nooooo I don't want OtLand to lose it's next potential global moderator >_< Don't let stupid underground boulder infractions keel youu!

But all jokes aside, Stay strong and stay safe! (and no I didn't mean to make it look like a condom commercial, LOL)

EDIT: I just looked back at my post, and I'm thinking "So much shit in a single post, lol"

Last edited:
Haha! It actually worked!
But anyways, (enough joking already)
Good luck with the earthquakes!

(pls survive i like your mapping)

You forgot to mention that the chance of an earthquake with a magnitude higher than 6.0 hitting within the next 7 days is about 40%

Fairfax News said:
Seismologists say the weekend's swarm of earthquakes could be on a new fault they have not mapped before, and could possibly trigger movement on the feared Wellington fault.

The news comes as Wellington wakes from another rocky night, which included a 4.9-magnitude quake in the early hours. Through the night, a swarm of quakes occurred which were centred off Seddon in the upper South Island -
the biggest being was a 4.9 quake at 1.31am at a depth of 25km. All other quakes since midnight were 3.8 or lower.

GNS scientists and teams from the National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research have been working to establish which fault line was the catalyst for the series of shakes, including the magnitude 6.5 quake on Sunday evening.

Seismologist John Ristau said the earthquakes were lying in an area of Cook Strait between the Vernon fault and Needles fault.

"There are a number of active faults in the area. It's an issue because they are offshore so it's difficult to get the most accurate location we can."

A third fault to the left of Needles, called the London Hill fault, was also a possible location if it was found to extend offshore.

"The other possibility is it is either on an unmapped fault or something brand new."

Pinning down the relevant fault could take a couple of days, and Niwa was expected to map between the Vernon and Needles faults later this week.

The nearby Wellington fault - capable of magnitude 8 or larger earthquakes and running through Wellington and the Hutt Valley - was not connected, but could have been affected by the ongoing activity in the region.
Wellington's New Fault Line? - national | Stuff.co.nz
© Fairfax NZ News

Well Shit, hopefully we don't get an 8.0+

wats an earthquake?
we no have in england :////////////////////////////

have fun xd

I was browsing around to see news about royal baby but somehow landed here, i am lucky that i don't have earthquakes where i live, i feel sorry for people in New Zealand. Erathquakes bring a lot of damage and are quite frightening :(

but on a serious note, that seems like some scary shit, the ground shaking and that

They can be quite fun if they're small, but there is always the worry of a big one that could cause things to fall and crush you etc.
Hopefully my city doesn't see a 7.5+, if a 7.5 magnitude earthquake hit where all of the earthquakes are happening at the moment in New Zealand or along the Wellington fault line, then I would almost definitely be without a lot of resources or I could be dead, we'd be basically guaranteed tsunamis and definitely a death toll.

Goodluck there :/
I wanted too visit new sealand someday

Sorry guys, just ate at Taco Bell, my stomach gets a little weird.

Sharknado > Sharkshit
watch out guys

AVvxv6K.png

Well the 6.5-6.8 earthquake on Sunday moved a city called Blenheim 5 centimetres east.

I lived in Christchurch during 2010-11-12 during all of the earchquakes where quite a few died. You get numb tothem after awhile ;\

Back