• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help me with suggestions to my Quest OTS.

Znote

<?php echo $title; ?>
Staff member
Global Moderator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Znote
Hello. I have slightly started to continue my work on Quest OTS.

It is a brand new kind of OT I make

How it is:
100% custom items. (yes, even shovels and ropes).
Vocations: Warrior, Archer, Magican
100% custom map. (iMini Map by Znote)
Edit: Mapping Contributions: Heroland Project mapping pieces, Killzon32, Kangarew, Zatjin, Three Magic, Znote.
80% custom spells. (exiva, levitate etc remains the same).

At least 3 towns. (Only created 1 so far...)
The towns should have different currencies, town 1 gems (sapphire, rubies), town 2 gold coins, town 3 ???). <--- need suggestions.

Town 1: Dormgolia
The elder scrolls of knowledge says that this village, Dormgolia was made through a meteor-rain.

This town is famous for the sapphires and diamonds, but beware of the monsters. Monsters seem to like the minerals in the mountains around here.

Rumours are saying that an exstremely skilled blacksmith left some weapons here that he forged with the strong minerals.

But unfortunately the weapons has gotten into the wrong hands, we all fear the Dark Legion.

Players have to do quests and find hidden treasures.
In these hidden treasures there are etc scrolls. The scrolls is used to learn spells.
Like: "You see a scroll of Inner Adrenaline, level 20, mag level 15"

There are different groups of NPCs. (Suggestions for groups please...)
These groups gives you quests and missions, if you succeed these tasks you will grant access to special places only for this group.

Be careful when choosing groups, because another group might dislike you, and may occasionally do ambush attacks on you!

This happens especially if you have done any tasks which sabotages the other group!

Masters
There shall be different masters, these will learn you a profession. You can only have 1 master.

So far I have:
The Herbalist - A pretty crazy NPC, he had a store in-town but wasn't allowed to smoke weed inside the public store.

He is now just chilling in his house, having a plantage in his yard.

For ordinary people, he can help you mix potions, and brew/mix special plants. Like healing herbs.
Since he is a drug addict(weed, special mushrooms), he dont want money, he want plant ingredients. So you trade him ingredients, he mix the ingredients, take some for his own pleasure and gives you some. ;)

Its hard to obtain, you have to do lot of stuff to impress him, but if you manage, he can be your master. And he will learn you to brew your own potions. And you will be granted mixture spells.

You will be able to grant extremely powerful potions. These potions will however have a huge side effect. Like grant you double magical power for 15 minutes, then the side effect after that high up would be 50% reduced movement speed and not possible to do any spells.

Another master:
Necromancer - Reviving dead monsters is what he does. He is one creepy guy, who knows what his secret possessions are, lets not ask any more questions. I dont think I need to know.

He can teach you reviving and summoning spells.

Having him as master and you will be better at manipulating human bodies and ummh... the flesh.
You will be able to eat yourself in order to gain an advantage for a short period of time. However casual side effects are to come when you loose big amounts of blood.

Landscape conquering:
There are lots of area between the three towns. And the towns are in conflict with each other.

There is always a town war going on, who shall be the rulers?
You can conquer hunting grounds, neutral market places, towers around the map in your towns name.
If the town you resident in conquer all the locations, everybody who reside in that town will get extra advantages, like better access to special places and quests.

Every town will have some unique quests for their town. So you should consider changing towns once in a while if you want to complete as many quests as possible.

Changing towns is not that easy, you will have to do a series of quests for that town, and when you are accessible to change town the transfer time will take some time.
(Example: If you are in one of the loosing towns, and lost hunting grounds etc, you can not quickly change town to the town that won to get their advantages).

Edit 13.10.2011:
Watch the progress of our conquering system: http://otland.net/f251/help-me-suggestions-my-quest-ots-110025/index19.html#post1365779

Neutral market places:
There are some marketplaces that does not belong to any towns, these NPCs sell a few items from each town. For a much higher price than it actually cost in town.
You can for an example exchange your gold coins into a currency the other town you are about to visit allows.

The exchange rates are pretty high though and it is recommended to farm the currency in the hunting grounds near the located town to get them by yourself.

Offline auctions:
There is an auction system, which allows you to deposit items. Others can them buy them even if you are offline. A page on the website will display offers. And it will be cheaper to do valuta exchanges between playing users than between the NPCs.

Sometimes there will be special items on this website, coming from the staff. These special items are very expensive, but the items are usually very good. (Like a level 30 sword with 50 atk), while 50 atk on a sword is something you usually need to be level 60 for.

There will be no donation items in the game. I might add a donation system to it, but it shall not affect PvP in any way.

Starving system, make sure to eat food or else you might starve to death!
niUgyziMZu.png

The magical spell "Magic Backpack" can be obtained for people with high merchant reputation!
iE7xsK95i8.png

Entering Karma Village, suddenly everything becomes dark as if the sun never existed!
U1dI7PE.png

Magic light with Evil Reputation:
karma5.PNG

World is starting to progress, but still a long way to go before first version is ready!
mapprogressJPG.jpg

Need suggestions for more masters!
Need suggestions for RPG like treasures to obtain special spells!

w/e come with all your suggestions! :D

Keep reading the thread to see progress and new stuff! :D

Unique monster spells system: (Video for testing purposes only, will not use wild warriors in-game or assign OP spells to lowbie monsters). :p
Still much to do before I even consider getting it online. Closed Beta stage is soon ready thought.

By the way, I just created a monster system which gives monsters more tactical brains. Adding mana system, and spells system to monsters. :) They communicate with each other and help each other out.

So far only fixed 1 spell for them to test stuff out.
[video=youtube;yf25Y5NYRSo]

Last edited:
I'd suggest if I could get it once it's released but I'm not premium, I wish you best of luck though. Seems like a really cool OT to play on

I lost my creativity <.< need more suggestions.

Make a system, where players everytime they get a level must say Hail Moistgiraffe before they can advance, :)

Vocations:
You can change vocation. (atm anytime you want, might change this later).
When you change your vocation, it will recalculate your new max hp and mana and cap. So this can not be abused.

When changing from mage to another class, your magic level will be reduced to 5.
when changing from archer to another class, your sword/melee/fist/axe/distance/shielding skill will be reduced to 20.
when changing from warrior to another class, your sword/melee/fist/axe/distance/shielding skill will be reduced to 20.

Advantage:
You will have more fun, you can enjoy several vocations on your main character.
You will be able to archive all the different vocation quests on the server. Quest OTs after all is a game where conquering most quests plays an important role.

There will be an highscore with top 10 Quest completed.

The OT will contain lot of easy understanding scripts. So newcomers can read and learn.

Script from No vocation(Citizen) to warrior:
No matter which level you decide to become a warrior, it will always calculate HP/mana/cap correct.
Lua:
----------------------
--- 95% by Znote -----
--- bugfix by Jano ---
----------------------
----------------------------
--- configure this part! ---

--- How much Hp/Mana/Cap do you get each level with new vocation? ---
--- Remember to use the same values as you got in data/XML/vocations.xml ---
local NewVocHpGain = 15
local NewVocManaGain = 5
local NewVocCapGain = 25
local NewVocId = 4 --- id: 1 = sorcerer, 2 = druid, 3 = paladin and 4 = Knight ---

local NewVocTeleportPlayer = {x=284,y=1264,z=6} --- Teleport player here after he got his new vocation ---
local NewVocTownId = 1

local LowbieTeleportPlayer = {x=284,y=1264,z=6} --- Teleport player here if he has to low level to get to main. If you just got 1 town just use same values---

--- Like original tibia, just leave it like this unless you get to main with different info ---
--- When are you suppose to get a vocation, and info ---
local StandardLevel = 8
local StandardHp = 185
local StandardMana = 35
local StandardCap = 400
-----------------------------
--- end of configuration ----

--- Dont need to edit this since it will change automatically after your configurations ---
local NewVocMsg = "Congratulations!\nYou just became a " .. getVocationInfo(NewVocId).name .. "!" --- message to send after getting new vocation ---
local AlreadyVocMsg = "Sorry, you have already picked your vocation!"
local ToLowLevelMsg = "Sorry, you need to be at least level " .. StandardLevel .. " to become a " .. getVocationInfo(NewVocId).name .. "!\n\nGo and get higher level!"

--- Script starts when player step on title ---
function onStepIn(cid)

--- if you are not a player, this script is not for you ---
	if not isPlayer(cid) then
		return true
	end

--- Simple and smart basic calculation formula ---
	local VocLevels = getPlayerLevel(cid) - StandardLevel

--- calculating the above standard level hp/mana/cap gain ---
	local HealthFormula = VocLevels * NewVocHpGain
	local ManaFormula = VocLevels * NewVocManaGain
	local CapFormula = VocLevels * NewVocCapGain
--- if player has no vocation then ---
	if getPlayerVocation(cid) == 0 then

--- If player is below StandardLevel you are not allowed to get a new vocation yet --- 
		if getPlayerLevel(cid) < StandardLevel then
			--- teleport the player, to the location you configured at top ---
			doTeleportThing(cid, LowbieTeleportPlayer)
			--- send the player a message, like you configured at top ---
			doPlayerPopupFYI(cid, ToLowLevelMsg)
			--- we are done with lowbies, we dont want them to continue launching the script ---
			return true
		end

--- Give him a new vocation, like you configured at top ---
		doPlayerSetVocation(cid, NewVocId)

--- recalculate his new max hp, mana and cap, like you configured at top ---
		setCreatureMaxHealth(cid, HealthFormula + StandardHp)
		setCreatureMaxMana(cid, ManaFormula + StandardMana)
		doPlayerSetMaxCapacity(cid, CapFormula + StandardCap)

doTeleportThing(cid, NewVocTeleportPlayer)

--- Change his town id to the town id you configured at top ---
		doPlayerSetTown(cid, NewVocTownId)

doPlayerPopupFYI(cid, NewVocMsg)

else --- if you are already a vocation ---

doPlayerPopupFYI(cid, AlreadyVocMsg)

--- This is basically just to fix buggy players who are in rook with a vocation ---
	end
	return true
end

Right now repick of vocation is disabled, so I dont need to do the resetting of skills part. Its a bit bothersome as I cant find the lua commands to do it, might have to go mysql style.

Last edited:
Thing that blew into my mind:

Make a simple rookgard.

This rookgard shall have have at least 10 quests, it will be very easy to obtain level 8, and you get a chance to go to mainland.

Or continue to stay in rook until level 20 - 30 and finish all the rook quests. One of the special quests in rookgard is the Sword of Fury. Only the true rookgard player can obtain this sword.
There will also be a spell you can find in rookgard.

Town 3 Currency = flowers

Flowers are already being used by herbalism/alchemy. :p And there are already a few neutral NPCs (who dont belong to any towns) witch uses different kinds of flowers as currency.

Last edited:
My bad. My post was posted 04:00 my time.

Also I suck in English ;)

Just wanted to say since it's been alot of discussion around it lately, this is a awsome example on how discussion threads should be.
Znote leads by example, goodie :)

Landscape conquering:

There are lots of area between the three towns. And the towns are in conflict with each other.

There is always a town war going on, who shall be the rulers?
You can conquer hunting grounds, neutral market places, towers around the map in your towns name.
If the town you resident in conquer all the locations, everybody who reside in that town will get extra advantages, like better access to special places and quests.

Every town will have some unique quests for their town. So you should consider changing towns once in a while if you want to complete as many quests as possible.

Changing towns is not that easy, you will have to do a series of quests for that town, and when you are accessible to change town the transfer time will take some time.
(Example: If you are in one of the loosing towns, and lost hunting grounds etc, you can not quickly change town to the town that won to get their advantages).

Neutral market places:
There are some marketplaces that does not belong to any towns, these NPCs sell a few items from each town. For a much higher price than it actually cost in town.
You can for an example exchange your gold coins into a currency the other town you are about to visit allows.

The exchange rates are pretty high though and it is recommended to farm the currency in the hunting grounds near the located town to get them by yourself.

Offline auctions:
There is an auction system, witch allows you to deposit items. Others can them buy them even if you are offline. A page on the website will display offers. And it will be cheaper to do valuta exchanges between playing users than between the NPCs.

Sometimes there will be special items on this website, coming from the staff. These special items are very expensive, but the items are usually very good. (Like a level 30 sword with 50 atk), while 50 atk on a sword is something you usually need to be level 60 for.

There will be no donation items in the game. I might add a donation system to it, but it shall not affect PvP in any way.

Last edited:
Created 7 scripts in rook today. All chained up together for smooth animations and game-play interactions. :p

But I think I used a very bad way looping for the animations:
Lua:
local effecttype0 = 63
local effectpos0 = {x=584,y=1426,z=6}

local effecttype1 = 63
local effectpos1 = {x=584,y=1428,z=6}

local effecttype2 = 65
local effectpos2 = {x=582,y=1428,z=6}

local effecttype3 = 36
local effectpos3 = {x=582,y=1428,z=6}

function addAnimation0()
	doSendMagicEffect(effectpos0, effecttype0)	
	return true
end

function addAnimation1()
	doSendMagicEffect(effectpos1, effecttype1)	
	return true
end

function addAnimation2()
	doSendMagicEffect(effectpos2, effecttype2)	
	return true
end

function addAnimation3()
	doSendMagicEffect(effectpos3, effecttype3)	
	return true
end

function onStepIn(cid)
	if(not isPlayer(cid)) then
		return true
	end

if getPlayerStorageValue(cid,20022) > 0 then
		return true
	end
	-- effekt 33 er kul vann effekt husk til senere
	addEvent(addAnimation0,1000*0)
	addEvent(addAnimation1,1000*1)
	addEvent(addAnimation2,1000*2)
	addEvent(addAnimation3,1000*3.5)
	setPlayerStorageValue(cid,20022,1)
	return true
end
But effect type and pos is different every event, cant figure out a smarter method atm. Brain is getting sleepy.

Last edited:
"Ohh snap!", "A bigass sea monster appeard while I was fishing!", "He pulled the rod out in the water and ate it!".

"Ohh snap!", "A bigass sea monster appeard while I was fishing!", "He pulled the rod out in the water and ate it!".

Hahah funny :)

I wish you Good Luck with the ot and i hope it will be goood :)

Its always easy to say but I would still say, GO FOR IT! ;)

We need more custom nice OTs out there, to many "RL map" servers nowadays.
Let the new Open Tibia take over! ;)

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Vocations:
You can change vocation. (atm anytime you want, might change this later).
When you change your vocation, it will recalculate your new max hp and mana and cap. So this can not be abused.

When changing from mage to another class, your magic level will be reduced to 5.
when changing from archer to another class, your sword/melee/fist/axe/distance/shielding skill will be reduced to 20.
when changing from warrior to another class, your sword/melee/fist/axe/distance/shielding skill will be reduced to 20.

Advantage:
You will have more fun, you can enjoy several vocations on your main character.
You will be able to archive all the different vocation quests on the server. Quest OTs after all is a game where conquering most quests plays an important role.

There will be an highscore with top 10 Quest completed.

The OT will contain lot of easy understanding scripts. So newcomers can read and learn.

Script from No vocation(Citizen) to warrior:
No matter witch level you decide to become a warrior, it will always calculate HP/mana/cap correct.
Lua:
----------------------
--- 95% by Znote -----
--- bugfix by Jano ---
----------------------
--- configure this part! ---

--- How much Hp/Mana/Cap do you get each level with new vocation? ---
--- Remember to use the same values as you got in data/XML/vocations.xml ---
local NewVocHpGain = 15
local NewVocManaGain = 5
local NewVocCapGain = 25
local NewVocId = 4 --- id: 1 = sorcerer, 2 = druid, 3 = paladin and 4 = Knight ---

local NewVocTeleportPlayer = {x=284,y=1264,z=6} --- Teleport player here after he got his new vocation ---
local NewVocTownId = 1

local LowbieTeleportPlayer = {x=284,y=1264,z=6} --- Teleport player here if he has to low level to get to main. If you just got 1 town just use same values---

--- Like original tibia, just leave it like this unless you get to main with different info ---
--- When are you suppose to get a vocation, and info ---
local StandardLevel = 8
local StandardHp = 185
local StandardMana = 35
local StandardCap = 400
--- end of configuration ----

--- Dont need to edit this since it will change automatically after your configurations ---
local NewVocMsg = "Congratulations!\nYou just became a " .. getVocationInfo(NewVocId).name .. "!" --- message to send after getting new vocation ---
local AlreadyVocMsg = "Sorry, you have already picked your vocation!"
local ToLowLevelMsg = "Sorry, you need to be at least level " .. StandardLevel .. " to become a " .. getVocationInfo(NewVocId).name .. "!\n\nGo and get higher level!"

--- Script starts when player step on title ---
function onStepIn(cid)

--- if you are not a player, this script is not for you ---
	if not isPlayer(cid) then
		return true
	end

--- Simple and smart basic calculation formula ---
	local VocLevels = getPlayerLevel(cid) - StandardLevel

--- calculating the above standard level hp/mana/cap gain ---
	local HealthFormula = VocLevels * NewVocHpGain
	local ManaFormula = VocLevels * NewVocManaGain
	local CapFormula = VocLevels * NewVocCapGain
--- if player has no vocation then ---
	if getPlayerVocation(cid) == 0 then

--- If player is below StandardLevel you are not allowed to get a new vocation yet --- 
		if getPlayerLevel(cid) < StandardLevel then
			doTeleportThing(cid, LowbieTeleportPlayer)
			doPlayerPopupFYI(cid, ToLowLevelMsg)
			--- we are done with lowbies, we dont want them to continue launching the script ---
			return true
		end

--- Give him a new vocation, like you configured at top ---
		doPlayerSetVocation(cid, NewVocId)

--- recalculate his new max hp, mana and cap, like you configured at top ---
		setCreatureMaxHealth(cid, HealthFormula + StandardHp)
		setCreatureMaxMana(cid, ManaFormula + StandardMana)
		doPlayerSetMaxCapacity(cid, CapFormula + StandardCap)

doPlayerPopupFYI(cid, NewVocMsg)

else --- if you are already a vocation ---

doPlayerPopupFYI(cid, AlreadyVocMsg)

--- This is basically just to fix buggy players who are in rook with a vocation ---
	end
	return true
end

Right now repick of vocation is disabled, so I dont need to do the resetting of skills part. Its a bit bothersome as I cant find the lua commands to do it, might have to go mysql style.

Looks nice but i think the best way/without bugs i think to make a script
that weapons need a certain voc, and on the highscore list need a certain voc
why?

If Knight lvl 100 with skills 100/100 change to a mage then the mage still got 80/80 wich is very awesome. And a highscore that knight weapon skills only will be showed for knights you know? Or you could make it that onchange of vocation that all the skills are gone or a formula X skills = X m lvl?

Back