• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Official OtLand Mapping Contest] January - Mansion

Who are you voting for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarlet Ayleid

Advanced OT User
Senator
Reaction score
62tGx.png

Rules for Voting
You may only vote once, anyone found to have used multiple accounts to vote on their favorite
piece will have their votes disqualified.
(Note this does not disqualify the contestant).
If the contestant is discovered to have told other people to vote for him/her, or has voted for himself, they will be
disqualified without warning, and not allowed to participate in another Official Contest for 3 month.
If you know who mapped what just by style, do not post saying who it is. You will receive an infraction for doing so.

Things to keep in mind when voting:
The theme, look at how close the mapper followed the theme, e.g. Lighting, details etc.

Contestant's Works

29erarb.png

2qls8k4.png

334t95j.png
b4at88.png

Enjoy :)

Vote Changes:
Evil Puncher - Changed from 3 to 4​

Last edited by a moderator:
Voted for #3, it looks epic. #1 doesn't fit the theme, he did a village, not a mansion.

1st image won't load.. so, I can't vote yet. ):

#1) Too empty and as prest said, was more like a tiny village...
#2) Too small to really tell it's a mansion and not just part of a castle, needs moar pics
#3) <3 it, most epic piece ever!
#4) Same as #1 and #2 mixxed....

• 1. Loved the labyrinth idea, but too bad the actual mansion is not as epic as the labyrinth. Also, the floor is too empty for my taste, some randomization would've been nice.
  • 2. Well, it's Eiserne's style but I can't tell for sure if its his. I personally love that style but I cannot tell if that's a mansion or just a simple house.
  • 3. Now, THAT is a mansion. That is what I was expecting for. I personally don't like the gate nor the garden between the mansion and the gate, but the fountain is just epic, it makes the garden look good. This one definitely has earned my vote.
  • 4. Well... after admiring #3, I have no comments for this one. Sorry.

Last edited:
And who is the creator of #3? Captain Obvious will fly across OTLAND sooooon enough :D

My opinions:
1 - It was on the right path, but I think that it was too empty, not much details were added near the mansion itself, making it a bit plain, however the maze was a nice touch, but not enough to get my vote
2 - Not bad, but could be much better, maybe if you had kept everything with the white walls it might have looked better, but the fact that you mixed them gave a bad look to the piece overall, I also find it a bit small
3 - *cries a bit inside* Its for submissions like these that me and Peroxide keep running the contest, this masterpiece(calling it a piece wouldn't be enough) is exactly how I was imagining a submission for this contest, its elegant, its decorated, its beautiful, its everything I was looking for in this theme
4 - Sorry, but I look at this and I don't even see a mansion, maybe a stronghold or something like that, but definitely not a mansion here.

Final Vote: Number 3, no questions asked

Reactions: no1
this is what i made of it :

1) really liked that maze, cleanly mapped. the one thing i miss here is more details , also i dont like that snow... would look better without it i think.
2) nice details, really liked the pool and the golden newspaper ^^ , but too small imo. doenst really give me the mansion feeling
3)really amazing piece, one of the best i've seen in months. really like that mansion :eek: , and THAT FOUNTAIN (eyegasm...). only one thing i have to say here: maybe a bit weird choice of trees but the rest makes up for it.
4)its too simple, nog enough details, too squarie, not really a mansion for me.

my vote goes to number 3 with number 2 going in second place.
pretty good submissions this month, congratulations to all participants and good luck :)

At first I was like
Wow...

But then I was more like
Wow :)

I've voted for the 3rd one too.

I just think the fountain looks a bit buggy. This would have looked better IMO:

dKq40.png

It's just two types of pillars under a statue, I don't see any bug in first case? (maby because there's no bug...)

First one's underrated because of image's rly big and it doesn't display in a full version. I saw it full and it doesn't look undetailed to me, it's just clean (but if displayed in that smaller way seems less detailed)

Voted for Number 3, I must say the differentials between numbers here are massive D:!
Would have thought 1 & 2 would have received at least 10 votes, but GZ to 3, obviously going to win this one XD

what to say, the votes say everything, my vote goes to 3, it's just awesome, my congratulations to his creator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back