• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[How-to] Doors

Evan

A splendid one to behold
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
I haven't found any new tutorials for the doors and how to set them up, so I will make this tutorial.
All you need is basic OpenTibia knowledge, primarily scripting and mapping.

Locked Door
To use and set up locked doors, you must create a key with a special action ID; to match it with a locked door, the door must have the same action ID as the key as well.
For example: A key with the action ID of 1234 will open any locked door with the action ID of 1234.

EaVza.png

Door of Expertise (Level Door)
To use and set up doors of expertise, you just only have to set the action ID of the door.
The first number of the action ID must be 1 (don't ask me why), then the next three numbers will be the level of the door that a player must be to enter.

For example: If you want players that are level 50 and over to enter, set the action ID of the door to 1050.

3qPTS.png

Quest Door
To use and set up quest doors, you must give the player a storage value; to open a quest door, the door must have the same number as the storage value in the action IDs field.
For example: Click an object to give you a storage value of 1234, you will be able to open any quest door with action ID 1234.

BBjns.png

Great tutorial! hopefully now those people that are new to OTS will use the search function instead of making a new thread.

You should make one for chests also, i know a lot of people are having problems with that.

I can, I just need to find time to do it.

How to script a quest (in lua) where the reward will be a key with action id 1234?

what id for level 200,250,280,300?
Which ActionID I have to put in if the lvl should be 30000?

130000?

The action ID should be: level + 1000 (!)
Leveldoor foor level 250 = 250 + 1000 = 1250
Leveldoor for level 30000 = 30000 + 1000 = 31000 (!)

(!) BEWARE, in your config.lua is probably a 'max level for leveldoors'. Set this to 30 000 (or higher if you want)

Back