• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[TFS] Brand-New Map

Siramix

CEO
Senator
Premium User
Reaction score
The Forgotten Server Map

As a lot of you TFS users might have thought about is that the map is rather old, therefore they assigned two new developers that could handle this. And there is where Siramix and Clinten gets on the board in TFS. Along with the other TFS developers, we're (Siramix&Clinten) going to develop a brand-new continent, with a lot of mysteries, quests and a lot more to explore!

We decided to release this thread as a little "show-off" thread, just for the facts that we need a lot of feedbacks and we personally finds the mapping more enjoyable if we can show our works and get some feedback on it. I'm sure you understand! :)

We are going to update the thread regulary with one or two pictures during our process, but unfortunately we are not going to spoil any kind of quest-spoilers and one more note, we are not going to show the minimap until the entire map is done. But you will be updated regulary with futher information and pictures!

Pictures that's already published:

4ccBb0L4B.png

2tohGwFhEH.png

Mdu4Huoczu.png

pWAzD1gtLA.png

729qkr8aEG.png

Just a little reminder to you who wants to give us feedback, please do not flame or give any other kind of unnecessary comments. :)

Donations: OtLand.
By donating you become a premium user for a specific time on OtLand, it grants you access to exclusive premium content on the forum such as access to the private subversion where you can follow the development of OtLand supported projects, access to the premium board with resources and priority support.

Thanks for taking your time reading!
And please keep in mind to give us constructive feedback, and not to flame. :cool:

Kindest regards,
TFS developers!

I like the server, but not the map :/

I like the Map (=
Thanks.
Thanks.
I like the server, but not the map :/
What would you like us to change to make it look better? We want constructive criticism, after all this map is for TFS and it should suit everyone.
Seems like a nice idea. Ur mapping matches great together. =)
Thanks.

jejej :D nice pics (Hope more)
We will not post to many pictures, we don't want to spoil to much..

The pictures looks really flat and boring Im afraid :/ nothing really special about them, to empty for my taste!

The pictures looks really flat and boring Im afraid :/ nothing really special about them, to empty for my taste!

Nice to see some real feedback actually! We are trying to keep the map quite clean - everyone does not play with this screen mode, and they have not checked "dont stretch/shrink game window". Placing out to many details and playing in the normal screen mode makes the map look spammed. Of course all nature doesn't look like this, and I can guarantee that there will be places where the nature is crowded.

Well.. What I would like to change?

First of all, all i see in the picture is Grass, Walls, StoneFloor.

I guess you get my message.

How many people actually use the default map?

Right now, probably no one because the current map barely has NPC's placed. If it comes with NPC's placed on the map, a few towns, quests, hunting spots etc. I'm pretty sure people would use it just like it used to be with YurOTS default map or Evolutions server default map a few years ago.

wow, my post disappeared and there was nothing wrong with it >.> i just said i was going to report his post until he removed it >.> you can't just delete my post for nothing

Ah okay, now I see the point of having a map developer.
wow, my post disappeared and there was nothing wrong with it >.> i just said i was going to report his post until he removed it >.> you can't just delete my post for nothing
Mods prefer to erase all traces of bad behaviour, and your post could only cause confusion now that Fallen's post got removed.

Ah okay, now I see the point of having a map developer.

Mods prefer to erase all traces of bad behaviour, and your post could only cause confusion now that Fallen's post got removed.

then let whoever read it be confused >.> mods can still see deleted posts so they would be able to follow up what he posted and what i was going to report...

Back