• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Mapper Official request | The Forgotten Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siramix

CEO
Senator
Premium User
Reaction score
Welcome OTLand!

I have by my own taken this initiative to request mappers under the official name The Forgotten Server. So as long as no higher ranked TFS developer or Talaturen himself approve this thread there are no guarantee's that your applications is to be accepted. When applying your application you automaticly accept this agreement and may therefore not complain nor have anything to say at all in case it emerges that your application is declined because of unapproval by the rest of the TFS staff.

Why do we need more mappers and how many mappers do we request?
We need more mappers to complete the content design as soon as possible. I personally do not feel that I am capable of completing it on my own due to personal inconvenience. Therefore I decided to request for at least 1 to 2 mappers that fulfill the requirments that follows down here. So summary we are in need of maximum 2 mappers with experience in detailed RPG content suited for The Forgotten Server.

More over that some general information about what you are supposed to do for The Forgotten Server follows. If this wont get fulfilled you wont be appointed as a content developer for TFS.

What to do:
  • Content developing (mapping).
  • Simple NPC, Action, Movements & possibly creatureevent making.
  • Post pictures on the boards.
  • Update the private SVN regulary.
Requirments to fulfill:
  • You must be approved as an experienced mapper by me.
  • You must not be working with custom sprites when mapping for TFS.
  • You must be mapping for client version 8.60.
  • You must be contactable through either Skype or MSN.
  • You must speak English.
  • You must be able to take screenshots from in-game and post them on the boards in a .PNG file.
  • You must be able to listen, receive orders and follow them.
  • You must be able to content design any atmosphere from desert to ice.
  • You must be polite and motivated when working.
  • You must have general knownledge about very simple LUA & XML. *
* The content developer will as well create the NPC's, general quests and simple scripts. Therefore we require general knownledge in LUA & XML.
If you however do not know LUA & XML you should be motivated to learn during the time with us in TFS.

Let's just simply jump to the applicationform and write some required information to come along with the application.
An explaination for missunderstandings will follow in posts in the thread on request.

Requirements for application:
  • Name & age.
  • Nationality.
  • Native languages.
  • Mapping pictures (eventually link to gallery).
  • Motivation of why you are the right mapper for us.
  • Earlier projects that you have participated in.
  • If you are contactable over Skype or MSN (yes/no).
  • If you accept the requirements above (yes/no).

If your application somehow gets accepted you will be contacted as soon as possible through PM where a few details will come along. Once we reached contact over Skype or MSN and Talaturen assigned you as a TFS developer and followed up with your application you will be guided how to use and commit changes to the private subversion. Teamviewer is a good software to prepare yourself with! Make sure that you are sure that you want to join this project before applicate. We would appreciate that you stay as long as possible.

Donations: OtLand.
By donating you become a premium user for a specific time on OtLand, it grants you access to exclusive premium content on the forum such as access to the private subversion where you can follow the development of OtLand supported projects, access to the premium board with resources and priority support.

Nothing more to say for now!
Kindest regards,
The Forgotten Server Developers.

Last edited:
Hello,

My name is Wietse van Dommelen and I am from the Netherlands.
Behind of my mother language I am also able to speak proper English.
I am able to help with adding the newest spells, npcs and monsters (I aint no scripter) 100% based on cipsoft.
I have been working with Barker and Stian before on the Thunderion project which attracted between 300-400 people.
About the fact that I have to show some of my work, well people are able to download my monsterpack and spellpack (see the link below). I also creating an item list currently which includes the buy and sellable items on cipsoft.
Finally I want to say I am not a mapper and I got an email adress (for msn) and I do also got skype ;).

Hello,

My name is Wietse van Dommelen and I am from the Netherlands.
Behind of my mother language I am also able to speak proper English.
I am able to help with adding the newest spells, npcs and monsters (I aint no scripter) 100% based on cipsoft.
I have been working with Barker and Stian before on the Thunderion project which attracted between 300-400 people.
About the fact that I have to show some of my work, well people are able to download my monsterpack and spellpack (see the link below). I also creating an item list currently which includes the buy and sellable items on cipsoft.
Finally I want to say I am not a mapper and I got an email adress (for msn) and I do also got skype ;).
HiUimZr2G6.png

I am not even applying as a mapper.. Well to add to my application: 'if you need somebody which keeps the monsters up to date or one of the other things I wrote down, then give me a call'.

Thank you for your interest, however we do not request for a scripter. Our scripters already handle that kind of area, we are only in need of mappers. I have seen your packages and I like them, so keep the good work up and good luck :)

DENIED

Last edited:
me me me me me pro map me do pro
:D
PANDA <3 APPROVE?

Name & age. Ben and 16
Nationality. Im originally English, with a little bit of Polish on my fathers side.
Native languages. English
Mapping pictures (eventually link to gallery). My signature links to my mapping thread.
Motivation of why you are the right mapper for us. Great ideas, and good rpg feelings, and clean in the right places.
Earlier projects that you have participated in. No current large projects, just simple maps for friends and other people.
If you are contactable over Skype or MSN (yes/no). I am able to be contacted by MSN.
If you accept the requirements above (yes/no). I accept.

Other information -- Iv been waiting for an opportunity like this for atleast a month or so, sense I heard there was an available position welcome. I know how to update the svn, I speak 100% English. if there are anymore

Here an image that I did last night
2ujgzma.jpg

Edit -- I however know some Lua, enough to know what I am doing, but I will learn more if needed.

Last edited:
Name & age: Dylan Brunning, 24 years old
Nationality: Canadian
Native languages: English, French, weak Portuguese
Mapping pictures (eventually link to gallery): http://otland.net/f57/leftwings-mapping-works-133355/
Motivation of why you are the right mapper for us: I'm looking for a stable project and there is nothing more stable than the official TFS. I am the right mapper for the project because I am professional in my work ethics, I work hard to meet expectations and have been active within the community for a long time.
Earlier projects that you have participated in: Heroland, Swanamix!
If you are contactable over Skype or MSN (yes/no): You have my MSN.
If you accept the requirements above (yes/no): I obviously do.

Thanks for showing your interest, I can unfortunately tell you that only one of you is going to be pending for further considerations and that is, Leftwing.
Summary about the results:
  • Blez is denied.
  • Leftwing is pending.

Last edited:
Additional comment:
The pending will delay for a couple of days to give other mappers a chance to place an application in order to join TFS.
You will be notified as soon as we considered wheter you are accepted or declined.

Last edited:
Requirements for application:
  • Daniel Obregón, age 17, nearly 18.
  • Mexican.
  • Spanish.
  • Magnetico's Latest Mapping!
  • I've always wanted people to play on my maps, and you, being one of the most known servers that could be possible, plus, the original map kinda' sucks, I wanna help to improve it.
  • Pff! A lot, none of'em have worked out, right now I'm on Evora.
  • Yes, I am on msn.
  • Yes.

Lemme know, okay? ;)

Magnetico, thank you for showing interest. You have great potential, no doubts. I am going to consider your application further more and will return with an answer within a couple of days.
Therefore your application is pending.

Keep yourself updated in this thread to see wheter you are accepted or declined.

iff i didnt work on 2 projects now i would be interested in joining but then i got to much work! well goodluck to the new mapper in this project ;)

We're still searching for applicants!
Magnetico & Leftwing's applications remain pending.

•Mitchell, 17
•English
•English
http://otland.net/f57/mitch4lls-mapping-thread-135119/
•Why? Because i am seriously flexible with my mapping! Give me the basics of what you need and done :). On all servers i have had, everyone comments on my mapping, i can map from simple-complex easily.
•Other Projects? Afraid i haven't had the time or the opportunity to participate in other mapping projects other than my own servers :p So... this is probs a long shot but still...
•If you are contactable over Skype or MSN (yes).
•If you accept the requirements above (yes).

Last edited:
Ive seen Mitchells work and I really recommend him! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back