• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

About Devileye

LpK

Banned User
Reaction score
Heya , so i did a little research today hunting on : grim reapers , medusas , serpent spawns & hydras and it turned out that i'm doing better hits with Thorn Spitter 14:08 You see a thorn spitter (Range:6, Atk +9, Hit% +1).
than with The Devileye 14:08 You see the devileye (Range:6, Atk +20, Hit% -20). so , i'm wondering how is that possible..? devileye is giving + 20 atk and thorn spitter + 9 (i'm talking about damage not about hitting chance) , you should check it out cuz there is something really wrong with it .

i hunted for 3 hours , i doubt its bad luck :/

There's nothing to check. You either have bad luck or weren't paying close enough attention to the hits. The max hit of the devileye is higher, but it will hit less often and therefore have a lower average hit.

i hunted from 192 to 200 with devileye , 200 to 204 with thorn spitter , thorn spitter did BETTER hits.

i hunted from 192 to 200 with devileye , 200 to 204 with thorn spitter , thorn spitter did BETTER hits.

The average hit will be higher because of the better hit chance. The only thing devileye does better is a higher maximum hit, which you probably just didn't notice.

Well that is a problem already, you cannot check the stats at different leven. The hits are also not only determined on your distance leven but also on your regular level. If you want to truly test the hits, go stand 3 hours at the target dummies and check f.e 500 bolts (same bolts ofcourse) with each crossbow. Then you get a valid result.

Well that is a problem already, you cannot check the stats at different leven. The hits are also not only determined on your distance leven but also on your regular level. If you want to truly test the hits, go stand 3 hours at the target dummies and check f.e 500 bolts (same bolts ofcourse) with each crossbow. Then you get a valid result.
not if your dist goes up while testing the first weapon :\

There's nothing to test. The devileye has a higher max hit and the thorn spitter will hit more often and therefore kill creatures faster. Formulas are formulas, it's simple math.

Back