• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Heroes of Newerth (HoN)

Bam

Reaction score
hon_logo.png

Edit by Znote: It has gone retail! You have to pay a small amount of money to play the game.
Okay so, I didn't see any Heroes of Newerth thread.. So I just thought i'll just make one..

The game is based on the popular Warcraft III: Frozen Throne custom game; DoTA.
Homepage of the game: Heroes of Newerth
Trailer (Debut trailer): YouTube - Heroes of Newerth Debut Trailer [HD]

I've played it now for about 4 months, and I really love it. And hey! I've never been a DoTA 'freak'.
The graphics is really awesome if you play in full graphic mode.
Personally I don't give a rats ass about the graphics, but the game mechanics are wicked.
The hotkeys and just everything is so simple.

I won't really go through the game much more, simply watch some movies and read about it to make sure it's a game of you're type.
However, if you're a pro gamer who loves tactics and awesome hero gameplay, this is the game for you.

Update: few months ago, me and my team got picked up by a sponsor who payed our trips to lan's and tournament fee's. Even paying us too play in their name. As I love e-sport and competitive play, I will stick too HoN for quite a while.

Do you play?
What do you think of the game so far?
What's ur favorite hero? Why?
Whats ur stats? (PSR, KDR, Games played)

OTland HoN Members: Bold name = currently active.

23 public otland members!

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer HoN over DoTA though.

The gameplay is so much easier, and no leavers etcetc :p

I have played this. It got kinda boring after a while. But that's maybe because I am not a big fan of the Warcraft series.

I will be giving out invites, however they had an open invitation page 1-2 days ago, you should have checked it out :p

At the moment you can register for free and play the beta..

But you can also preorder your account (30$ / about 20€) (as i did)..
So atm you can test for free..

It's a really nice game (like dota just insane sounds and graphic)

Ye I also thought it's more complicated, but DotA was it too when I started playing it and now after some games it is much easier..

Fucking game is so hard to understand LOL. I was playing and they called me a noob when I'm level 18 was like wtf?... So hard to understand was looking at tutorial online and found a little but the healing shit is so hard.. I try to run and heal the same time but keep missing.. I don't even know which class or race is good... So many to pick.

Fucking game is so hard to understand LOL. I was playing and they called me a noob when I'm level 18 was like wtf?... So hard to understand was looking at tutorial online and found a little but the healing shit is so hard.. I try to run and heal the same time but keep missing.. I don't even know which class or race is good... So many to pick.

haha :thumbup:
i bet u will learn in time :)
the first time i played dota was like, 5 years ago(?), not really sure. so it will time :)

Back