• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Lets remove the request boards

Codex NG

Recurrent Flamer
Solutions
Reaction score
Since most people can't distinguish between request and support lets just remove the board.. and only provide support for existing issues... lets stop giving away code to people who refuse to even make an effort... hasn't this community's iq gone down enough as it is.. Yes I am guilty of providing free scripts for others too.

Everybody replying on the support board chooses to do so himself. Thus there is no reason to "force" people to show effort. Even if a certain individual doesn't seem to show effort, some people will answer the question and that's because they are happy to help, just looking for another challenge (in e.g. scripting), or because they know the answer and it doesn't take them a lot effort to share it. That being said I am not very fond of that idea you proposed. Showing that you are really trying? Being kind when asking questions? Don't make me laugh..These are unwritten rules in probably most communities... Those who follow them will have a higher chance to get help or a useful reply than the others. That however doesn't mean a community should go as far as to exclude people who don't "show/have" any effort.

Everybody replying on the support board chooses to do so himself. Thus there is no reason to "force" people to show effort. Even if a certain individual some people will answer the question and that's because they are happy to help, just looking for another challenge (in e.g. scripting), or because they know the answer and it doesn't take them a lot effort to share it.
I should of added the slogan.. "Lets make otland great again!"

Back