• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Server crash??

The server is being hit by DDoS attacks (TCP RST attacks to be specific), and we're doing what we can to stop them. The ISP of the attacker has been informed, logs have been collected from the attacks and we will go through the logs to collect useful data that we can use to stop this attack in the future. We have also contacted the datacenter where ShadowCores is hosted to have them look into it to see what they can do to help us block the attacks from interfering with the server.

If you're going to post in this thread to flame me, or anyone else in my team, you're just wasting your time. Your posts will just be deleted. We're not deleting your posts because you think we get offended by them, but because they add nothing useful to this thread other than showing how childish you can be. This is nothing you can blame us for, we're doing what we can to stop the attacks and ShadowCores is in a datacenter that claims to be able handle DDoS attacks. Obviously, the way OpenTibia servers currently work, it is IMPOSSIBLE to be immune to DDoS attacks. I'm not going to go into details, if you have no idea how it works then I suggest that you stay out of the discussion unless you have anything useful to add.

Seriousness in this server? I be laugh?

With a server with this capacity of people must have a minimum of care to respect, we are going, that is what i think.
I have killed by two kicks and where is the warning that the server is having problems? The length of them? The whether or not it is safe to go out hunting? Lack of information and exaggerated i see.

I understand that you have things to do, a life between them, but here the people pay for a service, by conditions of formality and delivery to the work you do. That i did not pay for making me a little more powerful, or have objects, i am adult enough to help the server where I play progresses, to avoid these things today that are happening and to make matters worse i see no where a message alert of the attacks received.

So, the next time analyze it carefully occur when these types of problems, to inform the people, do not think that it is a very costly work.

[21:53:20] Mark Samman: gjort allt vi kan för tillfället, väntar på svar från datacentret nu

This means, "We done all we can for now, waiting for answer from computer center now..."

@up, didnt see that post coming! haha

The server is being hit by DDoS attacks (TCP RST attacks to be specific), and we're doing what we can to stop them. The ISP of the attacker has been informed, logs have been collected from the attacks and we will go through the logs to collect useful data that we can use to stop this attack in the future. We have also contacted the datacenter where ShadowCores is hosted to have them look into it to see what they can do to help us block the attacks from interfering with the server.

If you're going to post in this thread to flame me, or anyone else in my team, you're just wasting your time. Your posts will just be deleted. We're not deleting your posts because you think we get offended by them, but because they add nothing useful to this thread other than showing how childish you can be. This is nothing you can blame us for, we're doing what we can to stop the attacks and ShadowCores is in a datacenter that claims to be able handle DDoS attacks. Obviously, the way OpenTibia servers currently work, it is IMPOSSIBLE to be immune to DDoS attacks. I'm not going to go into details, if you have no idea how it works then I suggest that you stay out of the discussion unless you have anything useful to add.

Thanks Talaturen!
Your a hero, hopefully the server will come up soon and do not give us free blessing and 2x loot and exp! :)

Any Idea of how long until the server will be up again?
Keep Working Hard my friend.

Any Idea of how long until the server will be up again?
Keep Working Hard my friend.

I'm guessing it will be going up/down a couple of times until the attacks are properly blocked. Right now it's hard to predict when that will be (because it depends on response times from the datacenter, and the time it takes for us to analyze the logs we have collected), but I will keep you updated when I know more.

I'm guessing it will be going up/down a couple of times until the attacks are properly blocked. Right now it's hard to predict when that will be (because it depends on response times from the datacenter, and the time it takes for us to analyze the logs we have collected), but I will keep you updated when I know more.

Man i am herbert dyck i donated to much :( i waste my money for a server that will close ever ? DDoS are unstoppable

Thanks brother and good luck.

Back