• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.2 Attribute bug when adding on weapon slot

henkas

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey found a weird bug with weapon slot if you add any item legs helmet,armor,legs,boots that has attributes you can glitch it out so for example. I have helmet,armor, legs, boots i add another boots to my weapon slot and i remove any item like for example legs those boots that are added to weapon slot will grant permanent stats and they disappear only after relog or death. Is there any any comit that fixes this issue? Or maybe a system that doesnt allow to add such items to a weapon slots?

Its some custom new attributes system or what? i dont think it work like that, original code has a check if item is in correct slot and registered into movements.xml

Its some custom new attributes system or what? i dont think it work like that, original code has a check if item is in correct slot and registered into movements.xml
Its simple attributes
XML:
          <attribute key="skillsword" value="10"/>
        <attribute key="skillaxe" value="10"/>
        <attribute key="skillclub" value="10"/>
        <attribute key="skilldist" value="10"/>
        <attribute key="skillfish" value="10"/>
        <attribute key="skillshield" value="10"/>
        <attribute key="skillfist" value="10"/>
Well probably something aint right because you can add those items into a sword slot, at this point everything is fine it wont add those attributes keys but if u remove your current wearing items like boots,armor,legs,helmet this is when it adds those stats from weapon slot

Maybe possible to edit source somehow and not allowing to put items in those two slots execpt weapons? Using Feature - True dual wielding for TFS 1.x (https://otland.net/threads/true-dual-wielding-for-tfs-1-x.234349/) this dual wielding
Tried adding slotType classicEquipmentSlots value from true to false after adding to my weapons <attribute key="slotType" value="right-hand" /> wasnt even able to put it on left and right slot after that, than tried <attribute key="slotType" value="two-handed" /> so it just allowed to put it on left like before. Any more ideas?

Likely, you haven't registered it in 'moveents.xml'. If you've done it in 'items.xml', that's fine. Now, go to 'moveents.xml' and add this: that 'xxx' should be the ID you created for the item. Then, restart and test. This will enable the normal use of two-handed weapons. If you don't register it in 'moveents.xml', nothing will work, and you won't be able to use anything. Registering in 'moveents.xml' is indeed necessary.

XML:
<!-- hands -->
    <movevent event="Equip" itemid="xxx" slot="hand" function="onEquipItem" />
    <movevent event="DeEquip" itemid="xxx" slot="hand" function="onDeEquipItem" />

Likely, you haven't registered it in 'moveents.xml'. If you've done it in 'items.xml', that's fine. Now, go to 'moveents.xml' and add this: that 'xxx' should be the ID you created for the item. Then, restart and test. This will enable the normal use of two-handed weapons. If you don't register it in 'moveents.xml', nothing will work, and you won't be able to use anything. Registering in 'moveents.xml' is indeed necessary.

XML:
<!-- hands -->
    <movevent event="Equip" itemid="xxx" slot="hand" function="onEquipItem" />
    <movevent event="DeEquip" itemid="xxx" slot="hand" function="onDeEquipItem" />
Tried

<item id="13390" article="a" name="Legendary Sword">
<attribute key="weight" value="2000"/>
<attribute key="defense" value="21"/>
<attribute key="attack" value="23"/>
<attribute key="weaponType" value="axe"/>
<attribute key="slotType" value="two-handed" />
<attribute key="rarity" value="legendary" />
</item>

<!-- Weapons -->
<movevent event="Equip" itemid="13390" slot="hand" function="onEquipItem" />
<movevent event="DeEquip" itemid="13390" slot="hand" function="onDeEquipItem" />

Still cant put weapon on right slot

Back