• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Tips & tricks in old Tibia

Worr

Veteran OT User
Reaction score
Before we get started I just want to mention this is not a professional guide. It's just what I have learned while playing Tibia.

I: Hotkeys
Before you setup your hotkeys you should add #s on every new line. What it does is to keep your private channels clean during hunts and battles by autosending hotkeys in default channel. When it comes to hotkey layout only you can know what you prefer but everytime I see someone have haste or ultimate explosion on F1 I'm confused. You should keep your important hotkeys close to your hands. Also remember F-keys are lined up four at a time. This makes it easier to find keys without looking. Use this to your advantage and put important hotkeys on F5, F8, F9. For instance I have #s exevo gran mas vis on F5. It's useful to have waves on two hotkeys. If you have druids water wave on F12, put it on ctrl+F12 too. This makes it easier to do a fast turn and wave. Other useful tips is to have buy and travel hotkeys somewhere on shift or ctrl hotkeys.

When you are done with your hotkeys open tibia.cfg in your tibia folder. Find your hotkeys, which should look something like a bunch of lines like this one: Hotkey = (0,"#s utevo vis lux \"hi world\n"). Copy them to another document. If you later want to change to another set of hotkeys you can easy switch back after.

II: Fast wave
Have a wave spell ready in default. When you have an opportunity quictly press ctrl with your pinky, turn to the right direction with arrow keys and press enter with your ring finger. Once you land your wave keep moving and reload another wave by pressing shift+UP.

III: Walk faster
There are several methods to walk faster in Tibia.

1. One method is to spam ESC or stop button (above options button) while walking with arrow keys. It is without a doubt the fastest method to walk straight forward but it will make you lag when you turn and sometimes you will even take 3-4 steps to far. Therefore, don't use this method when you know there will be many turns ahead.

2. If you use Tibia Classic Control (go in options, general and check the box) you can right click on the ground below yourself. When you "use" something you finish your current movement which will add up and give you a littile more speed. The faster you click the more speed you gain. You can also do this while walking diagonal using num pad.

3. As you got to learn in #2, using items make you walk faster. This applies to any item. Most useful is to use uh, sd or mana while walking diagonal.

IV: More?
I'm use you have your secrets to share with others. Post it here and I will add it to the guide.

V: Your done
Hopefully this guide helped you. Maybe you didn't find all tips useful but it's all about personal preference. Good luck and see you in game.

Before we get started I just want to mention this is not a professional guide. It's just what I have learned while playing Tibia.

I: Hotkeys
Before you setup your hotkeys you should add #s on every new line. What it does is to keep your private channels clean during hunts and battles by autosending hotkeys in default channel. When it comes to hotkey layout only you can know what you prefer but everytime I see someone have haste or ultimate explosion on F1 I'm confused. You should keep your important hotkeys close to your hands. Also remember F-keys are lined up four at a time. This makes it easier to find keys without looking. Use this to your advantage and put important hotkeys on F5, F8, F9. For instance I have #s exevo gran mas vis on F5. It's useful to have waves on two hotkeys. If you have druids water wave on F12, put it on ctrl+F12 too. This makes it easier to do a fast turn and wave. Other useful tips is to have buy and travel hotkeys somewhere on shift or ctrl hotkeys.

When you are done with your hotkeys open tibia.cfg in your tibia folder. Find your hotkeys, which should look something like a bunch of lines like this one: Hotkey = (0,"#s utevo vis lux \"hi world\n"). Copy them to another document. If you later want to change to another set of hotkeys you can easy switch back after.

II: Fast wave
Have a wave spell ready in default. When you have an opportunity quictly press ctrl with your pinky, turn to the right direction with arrow keys and press enter with your ring finger. Once you land your wave keep moving and reload another wave by pressing shift+UP.

III: Walk faster
There are several methods to walk faster in Tibia.

1. One method is to spam ESC or stop button (above options button) while walking with arrow keys. It is without a doubt the fastest method to walk straight forward but it will make you lag when you turn and sometimes you will even take 3-4 steps to far. Therefore, don't use this method when you know there will be many turns ahead.

2. If you use Tibia Classic Control (go in options, general and check the box) you can right click on the ground below yourself. When you "use" something you finish your current movement which will add up and give you a littile more speed. The faster you click the more speed you gain. You can also do this while walking diagonal using num pad.

3. As you got to learn in #2, using items make you walk faster. This applies to any item. Most useful is to use uh, sd or mana while walking diagonal.

IV: More?
I'm use you have your secrets to share with others. Post it here and I will add it to the guide.

V: Your done
Hopefully this guide helped you. Maybe you didn't find all tips useful but it's all about personal preference. Good luck and see you in game.

Masterclass please :$

Back