• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Attack speed on weapons?

Synergy

Reaction score
I'm just asking if it's possible to put attack speed on some items?

I'm pretty sure you can.
I will make tests on my server and give results.

Last edited:
Yes, it works.

Open items.xml:
  • Find your weapon/item.
  • Add: <attribute key="attackspeed" value="###"/>
  • Edit the ### value to your own liking. (1000 = hit every 1 second, 500 = hit every .5 second, ect)
  • Done.

Example:
XML:
<item id="2390" article="a" name="magic longsword">
		<attribute key="description" value="It is the magic Cyclopmania Sword."/>
		<attribute key="weight" value="4300"/>
		<attribute key="defense" value="40"/>
		<attribute key="attack" value="55"/>
		<attribute key="weaponType" value="sword"/>
		<attribute key="attackspeed" value="500"/>
		<attribute key="slotType" value="two-handed"/>
	</item>

I have gotten this to work for swords and other melee weapons just fine, but any tips on how to make this work on a distance weapon.
I want to make my "machine gun" shoot faster than my "handgun" I have been trying to figure this out for like 10 hours straight now. All I have learned is that attackspeed is determined by ammo. Problem is, even when I change my attack speed under the ammo, it still fires normal speed. If anyone knows how to go about this it would be greatly appreciated. Does it have something to do with weapons.xml? I read somewhere that it may have to do with onEquip in Movements.xml? Anyone have any idea?
Thanks

Back