• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Image Effect How to make scan lines

Xenios

Senator
Reaction score
Welcome! This is a quick and easy tutorial in a couple of steps making scan lines.
I've used Photoshop CS4 which you can download for a trial at Adobe.com

Make a new document. Size: 3px width and 3 px height and transparent.

Step 1. Zoom-in until you can't zoom any further.

Step 2. Go to the brush tool and click on it, you will see some other tools. We click on the pencil tool we need to have 1px size; 100% Opacity and Normal mode.

Step 3. Now you must brush a diagonal stroke like this (you can also do an other direction if you want):

1457-strokepencil.png

Step 4. Now go to Edit -> Define Pattern and give it a name like Scanline and voilà you have made a pattern. :p

Step 5. Go to edit -> Present manager and you will see a new dialog with brushes but you select at present type: Patterns there you will see your scanline but you also see some other patterns like this:

1458-dialog.png

Step 6. Delete the other patterns by clicking every pattern with Ctrl then you press the delete button and they're gone. Now you click on Save set and you give it a name like Scanline.

Step 7. Go to an image that you want to give scanlines. Just searched for an signature on google and this what I'm using to show you.

1459-signature.png

Now go to Layer style and go to patternt overlay and use this:

1460-patternoverlayscanlines.png

Last but not least, click on Ok and you will see the end result:

1461-endrsult56.png

And yet again you're done with this tutorial. :)

I hope you now understand you make something like this. If you need help with some explainations just post it here and I will help when I've the time for it. ;)

And don't forget to add me some reputation! :thumbup:

Kind regards,
Xenios

Really nice work
I really dont kow nothing about photoshop, But I think yours workings with photoshop is VERY NICE!!!

Congratulations!!

Back