• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Image Effect [Photoshop] Borders around pictures/sigs

Xenios

Senator
Reaction score
Welcome to my next tutorial about photoshop this is just for beginners that want to know how to add those borders arround pictures and signatures here I'll try to explain it

I hope it was usefull for you. ^_^

------------------------------

Let's begin now.

First of all you can add different borders it's just what you want or like, I'll show you here what you can do.

Step 1 Open a new document or a picture/sig

Step 2 Create a new layer (Ctrl+shift+N) then select it with Ctrl+A and then you go to 'Edit' on the menu and click on stroke now you'll get some options like below here:

schermpje2xv1.png

Step 3 Now you can simply add a border of 1 px but you can also do 2 px of white and then 1 pix of black.

example1tt0.png

exape223fj5.png

(You can change the settings like blending, color and opacity)

Now we're going to do something else.

Step 4 Make a new layer (Ctrl,Shift,N) and use the selection tool (You can make the edge a little soft with 'Feather 1 px') and make a rectangle shape on the bottom of the picture then select a color or just black and brush the selected area

Step 5 Copy the layer and go to edit >> Transform >> Flip vertical and place the copied layer on the top of the pic

and now you're done it looks like this:

xamplesvt6.png

You can also do something else like some bushes as a border or other shapes. :p

If you have followed this tutorial then you will be able to make borders arround your pictures and signatures or what ever you are creating.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Oh forgot that, thanks. You need to make a new layer (Ctrl+shift+N) then select with Ctrl+A and then you go to edit -> stroke ect...

This tutorial is a bit worthless but I am sure it will help one or two souls on this small planet.

like me lol :d remembered I had read this tutorial before then i wanted to make borders on some map ss and i just searched this thread and made the boarders in less than 5 secs works... thanks alot :d

Back