• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[How to] Put a map to another map (Surface and above ground)

Reaction score
Heres a tutorial how to drag and drop part of a map from one map, to another. It's simple and easy to do. I used Remeres Map Editor (8.5) to do this.

First,
You have to have 2 maps open in 1 editor. This is so you can copy part of a map to another.
28a13l1.jpg

Second,
You need to copy the surface ground. Holding shift and dragging your mouse cursor over the map area you want to copy will highlight it.
2qx6mg7.jpg

Thirdly,
You need to right click the area you have selected and select "Copy".
55j6uo.jpg

Fourthly,
Go to the next map (the one you want to paste it on) and right click on the area you want to paste it. Right click and select "Paste".
314t8ns.jpg

Here you can see both tabs. The map as been copied.

Fifthly,
Then do the same to the above ground part of the map. You need to line the yellow square up with the stairs. If it's not correct, it will be dark yellow like this;
m8cx1i.jpg

if its correct it will be light yellow, like this;
2v2tp9v.jpg

Now, your map should be copied over to the other map.
Hope I've helped. If I have, please Rep++ me. :)

Thanks.

Incase they don't know how to do it.
It's just a simple tutorial, many people actually dont know how to do this.

Right clicking is unnecessary, use ctrl+c to copy and ctrl+v to paste :)

True, but it was easier to show how to copy and pasting by right clicking as you can show the method. Though using control is easier to actually do. :p

ok i do this but it doesnt work whenever i right click it goes back to 1 square and copies that 1 square.. can any1 help me?

ok i do this but it doesnt work whenever i right click it goes back to 1 square and copies that 1 square.. can any1 help me?

Right clicking is unnecessary, use ctrl+c to copy and ctrl+v to paste :)

Just do as Zisly said man.

Btw Creation, good tutorial as you said some people dont know about this, but you should also explain the "Import map" feature which does the same but it copies full maps (with all floors etc), thats another thing some people dont know.

Cheers.

Note: Both maps needs to be the same verision (8.5) and (8.5) to open 2 like that.

You don't need to copy 2 times. Just hold shift and drag the first time, then go up and hold ctrl+shift and drag, then you have copied both stairs, in that case you don't need to copy 2 times..

I already knew about it, but I'll give rep++ for it np =)

You don't need to copy 2 times. Just hold shift and drag the first time, then go up and hold ctrl+shift and drag, then you have copied both stairs, in that case you don't need to copy 2 times..

Yes, your 100% right :p rep++ for you too

Back