• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lags

Dixter

Amateur Web Developer
Reaction score
Hey yea, some people report lags on my ot. I have 4 gb of RAM on my pc but the windows only recognizes 3 i think, so lets say I only have 3. I have 2.66 Ghz. There are some things I don't know, how can I find out exactly how fast my connection is and everything? And where can I learn to make it go faster? I have a 89 MB rl map.

P.S These shouldn't be like permanent or extremely difficult things, because I have decided to install a 64-bit system, and put more RAM into it.

Umm see if your internet provider has better plans.
Call them up and ask what is there best plan and how much it is.. xD

Because hopefully thats not there best plan..

When you're inlogged (if you're hosting yourself only) change frame rate on your client. If you're hosting yourself only) change the serverstatus like "high", "realtime" in you task manager - or what it's called.

whats realtime anyway? anytime i log in, i change the affinity on tibia to cpu 0, and i change its priority to low, i change the servers prioirty to realtime. whats the best way to do it? and how can i make my internet faster?

i have updated my internet, i will update it again cuz they didnt have the highest package available. But now when i test it heres an average result i get.

Download speed = 2.53
Upload Speed = 59 (sometimes its like 64 65)
Ping 37

Distance = 50 miles
(here's another test) (to mexico)
Distance = 1750 miles

Download speed = 1.70
Upload Speed = 0.61
Ping = 136

And another one
Distance = 2000 miles(to canada)

Download speed = 2.51
Upload Speed = 0.58
Ping = 119

Would this be able to hold much more players?

Well it is because of your upload speed.

Upload Speed = 0.61 is very low.

My server have Upload Speed = 7.75Mbps.

it is not because of your computer.

If you have a website it will hurt a lot.

lol, works fine now xd. the fastest net my isp has is 7m, im using 3m now, they didnt have 7m available, idk how u get 10mbps lol. some1 had 60 haha.

Back