• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows New Class "Ninja"

Teddy

SweStream.se
Reaction score
Hello guys/girls
i have made a new "class" named ninja and now i wanna make so they can have 2 sword and make dmg whit them both ? how do i make that and it is possible ?

Hello guys/girls
i have made a new "class" named ninja and now i wanna make so they can have 2 sword and make dmg whit them both ? how do i make that and it is possible ?

With that you mean make a new damage based on the sum of weapon1 attack + weapon2 attack, or make the damages 2x faster being each one dependent of the respective weapon?

Example:

Lets suppose a knife (7 atk) hits 5 average damage per second, and a short sword (11 atk) does 8 average damage per second. When you wear one in one hand and one on the other and you attack something, one of these can happen:

1) You will hit 13 (5 + 8) average damage per second.

2) You will hit 5 every half second and 8 every other half second, meaning 13 damage average per second but achieving it by making 2 hits per second. So the ninja's attack would then hit 2x faster than everyone else when wielding 2 weapons.

Which one you want?

I think it would be easier to make if you only permit it to happen when the 2 swords are the same, and using the option 1, because then you could make a movevent script that doubles the damage of the player when wielding 2 of the same, making it a simulation of the event, something like

Lua:
function onEquip
if x weapon and x weapon is in x slot then
 attack of the player * 2
end
function deEquip
if blah blah the weapon is unweilded then
 remove the double attack
end
(^ this is just the idea obviously lol)

Cheerz.

Last edited:
2) You will hit 5 every half second and 8 every other half second, meaning 13 damage average per second but achieving it by making 2 hits per second. So the ninja's attack would then hit 2x faster than everyone else when wielding 2 weapons.

ncie idea ^^

will use it two :p

btw i must ask if i can :)

can i?

@swedish
får jag använda din ninja ide?

ja :)

hmmm:

Make a weapon (the left hand).
Enter items.xml, find the weapon, make it SHIELD instead of sword.
Make a movement script that doubles your physical damage. (that way you will deal more damage.) Maybe you don't want it to doubles, you can make the "sword that is recognised as a shield" to give your melee etc 50% dmg, 150%, more or less of what you want.

ja :)

hmmm:

Make a weapon (the left hand).
Enter items.xml, find the weapon, make it SHIELD instead of sword.
Make a movement script that doubles your physical damage. (that way you will deal more damage.) Maybe you don't want it to doubles, you can make the "sword that is recognised as a shield" to give your melee etc 50% dmg, 150%, more or less of what you want.

She wants the 2x faster one, instead of the 2x stronger..

Ill get into it tomorrow Im too tired today but Chipsen, I think doing the 2nd one exactly as I mentioned on my post will be too hard (I dont think I can do it).

I could make it so if the weapons are exactly the same then when wearing both you get 2x faster attacks, but that is because I wouldnt need to separate the damages from both weapons, just make the player attack twice as fast and it would simulate the event.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Nvm!

EDIT; TFS team should make implement something
weapon type="dual-weapon"
so if you got a dual weapon equiped you cannot equip a non-dual weapon, but equip one more dual weapon!

Back