• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

No more Zaypay support for donations?

R3D Z3R0

Programmer / Designer
Reaction score
I've been trying to get my site integrated with Zaypay (i.e. to donate in return for premium points), however, a representative just posted this in my support ticket:

"- In the side menu and on (site link), you talk about ‘donations’. You can’t use that word if your customers are getting something for it in return. Call it a ‘purchase’ or something similar."

Is Zaypay no longer supporting donation features? If they are, we should probably not use it anymore, if they consider donations 'payment'.

You can not really say it is a "donation" to your server if they're buying "in-game items" from ur site. That's how they meant.
Just change the word "donation" to "buying" or to something similar.

I would assume you're not familiar with the necessity of any donations being called donations and not 'purchases', regarding OT servers, or has that changed, and legally they can be called purchases now?

I would assume you're not familiar with the necessity of any donations being called donations and not 'purchases', regarding OT servers, or has that changed, and legally they can be called purchases now?

they were never donations in the first place, if you're offering something in return.
Technically it is the player making the copyright infringement as OpenTibia is legal (the source code being original work and not a stolen work of Cipsoft) so as long as you say that it is not your responsibility how they play and you say it's a point shop then you should, technically, be fine... Damn you grey areas of the law and your confusingness...

I'm using 8.5 protocol which means YATC is used to connect to my server, the Tibia client is not needed at all. Well, if a point shop is legal, allrighty then...

Back
Top Bottom