• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Evolutions OT 8.0 XML

o_O Go away you heathen!!! ;'( No evolutions on this forum! xD

XML is better than SQL though. I'm downloading it, I wanna check this out..

XML is better than SQL though. I'm downloading it, I wanna check this out..

You're kidding, right? o_O How on god's green earth can you say that XML is better than SQL? Have you been buried underground for the last 10 years or so? XML is not being supported anymore, and that has a reason: it SUCKS!

\\Empty

You're kidding, right? o_O How on god's green earth can you say that XML is better than SQL? Have you been buried underground for the last 10 years or so? XML is not being supported anymore, and that has a reason: it SUCKS!

\\Empty

Yes, in your opinion, but in my opinion is XML better.

And I have more skills in XML than SQL.

Signed,
Ante.

whats so different about sql? i never really understood that, plus its so damn complicated to start an sql...

\\Empty

Sure Sqm is good, but not great.. if xml have 5 good points and 5 bad points the sqm have 5/5 too, but different..

Sql base crash = All character will be fucked up or delited
Xml can't crash all characters

Sql less Player lags, but monster can lagg as hell, even freeze
xml monster don't lagg at all if computer can handle the server

sql easy can go corrupted in files
xml can't get fucked up that easy..

My ponit.. Sql is a kind of server have been relesed to fast, to many bugs and unsecurity in it..

I have had some few sql servers, 90% of them monsters lagged and freezed.. a player died and after that he advanced in magic level everytime he made any spell.. after a server save suddenly the base stopped save players.. it were just like a war server, character were never saved whatever happen.. and alot of more..

Yep, I perferm Xml, its fix able problems can show up. and if something goes wrong there is no chance all characters get fucked up or delited..

on Gods green earth, why use sql? and risk a total character reset?

Updated... Cleaned out....

http://www.speedy*****malware.localhost/801765964.html

Sure Sqm is good, but not great.. if xml have 5 good points and 5 bad points the sqm have 5/5 too, but different..

Sql base crash = All character will be fucked up or delited
Xml can't crash all characters

Sql less Player lags, but monster can lagg as hell, even freeze
xml monster don't lagg at all if computer can handle the server

sql easy can go corrupted in files
xml can't get fucked up that easy..

My ponit.. Sql is a kind of server have been relesed to fast, to many bugs and unsecurity in it..

I have had some few sql servers, 90% of them monsters lagged and freezed.. a player died and after that he advanced in magic level everytime he made any spell.. after a server save suddenly the base stopped save players.. it were just like a war server, character were never saved whatever happen.. and alot of more..

Yep, I perferm Xml, its fix able problems can show up. and if something goes wrong there is no chance all characters get fucked up or delited..

on Gods green earth, why use sql? and risk a total character reset?

i agree with the xml things you said xD
and guys i know him to set up an sql server so dont think i cant open a sql server

Back