• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Help me with suggestions to my Quest OTS.

Created a wood selling NPC that sells wood for fishes. (kinda weird story he have). He owns a wolf farm, and has a wife who can make cookies! :D

The spell "levitate" (climb) is a mountain climbing spell, only possible to obtain in Dormgolia, the mountain town. :)
There are lots of narrow pathes and things where you gotta climb to reach the top. :) There are many secret rooms, I bet it will be the heaven for any PKer who wants to hide with his skull.

what happens if you starve? do you die?

If your hunger value reaches 0, you starve to death. So yes, you die.

Need help finding names of some NPCs!
Wood selling NPC
Liquid beverage selling and buying NPC
Another fish selling and buying NPC
Nature selling NPC (flowers, brances, bucket)
Wolf skin buying and selling NPC

Last edited:
If your hunger value reaches 0, you starve to death. So yes, you die.

Wood Selling NPC = Lumberjack (something with it :O)
Liquid NPC = Aqua?
Another fish sell/buy NPC = Donno? Fisherman Freddy? Fisherman Eadric? something? XD
Nature Selling NPC = Luna or Sunshine (female)
Wolf Skin NPC = hmm? something barbarian? Uhmm.. Female : Berta | Male : Barney? xDD

Wood Selling NPC = Lumberjack (something with it :O)
Liquid NPC = Aqua?
Another fish sell/buy NPC = Donno? Fisherman Freddy? Fisherman Eadric? something? XD
Nature Selling NPC = Luna or Sunshine (female)
Wolf Skin NPC = hmm? something barbarian? Uhmm.. Female : Berta | Male : Barney? xDD

Thanks! Great ideas. I will use them. :)

My map is starting to show some progress. :)

imini1.jpg

atm working on the castle, I got the castle walls ready:
iminicastle1.jpg

Now going to start to make some houses and stuff inside. Detail it a bit more and add monsters there, and aprox 3 quests.

Spells system:

There will be many available spells. You learn a spell by using a scroll. However there are a few extra requirements.

I am going to make a max ammount of currently learned spells. I think it sounds awesome because then even mages will be very different from each other.

Sample: You can learn max 5 spells.

Mage1: (Fire User) [Speed, healing and fire]
[1] Haste
[2] medium healing
[3] Flame strike
[4] Fire wave
[5] Burning Regeneration

Mage2: (Fire Master) [Only fire, however extremely dangerous]
[1] Flame strike
[2] Fire wave
[3] Burning Soul
[4] Fire coat
[5] Napalm strike

Mage3: (Supporter)
[1] Haste
[2] Great Haste
[3] medium Heal Friend
[4] Black Hole
[5] Flame strike

Spells will be separated in categories, and will have a unique level system.

level 1 Support: Haste, light healing
level 2 Support: great haste, medium healing
(Only a sample, there will be lots of spells to choose from).

To have the spell "great haste" you need to either have "haste" or "light healing".
With other words:
To use a level 2 support spell, you need to have a level 1 support spell.

This way, there will be a huge difference between not only vocations, but also characters. And you can brew your perfect vocation yourself. :)

Last edited:
Spells system:

There will be many available spells. You learn a spell by using a scroll. However there are a few extra requirements.

I am going to make a max ammount of currently learned spells. I think it sounds awesome because then even mages will be very different from each other.

[1] Haste
[2] medium healing
[3] Flame strike
[4] Fire wave
[5] Burning Regeneration

[1] Flame strike
[2] Fire wave
[3] Burning Soul
[4] Fire coat
[5] Napalm strike

[1] Haste
[2] Great Haste
[3] medium Heal Friend
[4] Black Hole
[5] Flame strike

To have the spell "great haste" you need to either have "haste" or "light healing".
With other words:

This way, there will be a huge difference between not only vocations, but also characters. And you can brew your perfect vocation yourself. :)

Nice :D
@Thread
Cool Hope You make it and many join it :D

Spells system:

[1] Haste
[2] medium healing
[3] Flame strike
[4] Fire wave
[5] Burning Regeneration

[1] Flame strike
[2] Fire wave
[3] Burning Soul
[4] Fire coat
[5] Napalm strike

[1] Haste
[2] Great Haste
[3] medium Heal Friend
[4] Black Hole
[5] Flame strike

With other words:

Really Nice!! Keep up the good work :)

Spells system:

[1] Haste
[2] medium healing
[3] Flame strike
[4] Fire wave
[5] Burning Regeneration

[1] Flame strike
[2] Fire wave
[3] Burning Soul
[4] Fire coat
[5] Napalm strike

[1] Haste
[2] Great Haste
[3] medium Heal Friend
[4] Black Hole
[5] Flame strike

With other words:

Great :)

Vocations HP/mana gain:
per 5 sec:
Mage: 5 hp 15 mana
Archer: 10 hp 10 mana
Warrior: 15 hp 5 mana

With Burning Regeneration: [Level 3 Fire magic]
per 5 sec:
Mage: -10hp 30 mana
Archer: 0 hp 20 mana
Warrior: 0 hp 20 mana

Idea drafting of the two spells: Black Hole and Fire Coat

Fire Coat: (Level 4 fire magic)
No health regeneration.
Vocations normally get: Mages: 5+ hp/5 sec. Archers 10+hp, Warriors 15+ hp. With this spell there will be no hp regen at all.
Mana regen will be normal. Different based on your vocation.
High resistance to fire.
Some resistance to ice.
You will deal much more damage with fire magic. But you will also be limited to only fire magic.
Spell will not cost any mana. And can be cancelled anytime. However, if you cancel it within 20 seconds, you will loose (mage: 100 hp, archer: 200hp, warrior: 300hp).
If you have it on for a long period of time (20+) you will gain (mage: +5 hp, Archer: +10hp, Warrior +15hp) each 5 seconds after 20.
However the heal will heal max (mage: 100 hp, archer: 200hp, warrior: 300hp).

Black Hole: (Level 4 support magic)
A very useful support spell. It sends a player to another dimension for a few seconds, then it will return back to the exactly same position it was before the spell was launched.
If player is a party member, it will heal them while they are in the other dimension.
Can only be done once every 60 seconds.

Last edited:
I dont really like the fire cost spell. I feel like it has to many conditions. On the other hand i love the black hole spell it reminds of a rune attack on Brabexia 7.1.

I dont really like the fire cost spell. I feel like it has to many conditions. On the other hand i love the black hole spell it reminds of a rune attack on Brabexia 7.1.

If used correctly, many of the conditions is good.

1. It takes the HP/regen from you, instead of mana.
2. If used correctly, cancelling the spell will heal you.
(If you already have max HP, afking in town. Enabling this is great, once your attacked, if by fire or ice, damage is reduced).
3. You will deal more damage with fire.
(Since this is a level 4 fire spell, it means you have 3 other fire spells which you can use to attack your enemies).
If you deal etc 50% more fire damage against them, you can surprise them quite alot.

And ye, Black Hole is amasing. Especially if you are in a team. Chase after your enemies, cast black hole at one of them, stand around the spot in a circle, when he comes back hes trapped by your team.
With fire bomb you can then easily trap your enemies.

Anyway, the castle above karmavillage is starting to show some further progress:

iminicastle2.jpg

iminicastle3.jpg

Edit: I made something interesting in the blueberry woods. What should I place inside the circle? :p
blueberrywood1.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have any suggestions atm just a question, which version if this going to be? custom?
I'll try to think of some good ideas for you.

-RunarM

It will be on the latest stable version available when its ready to go online. My scripts are already compatible with the latest versions. It wont be hard for me to change the distro once that time comes.

It will not require a custom client to play.

Anyway, here is my plans for the world map:
iminimap1.jpg

After im done mapping this sample, I might start up the first version, start getting beta testers and stuff. :)

Maps look really nice!!!
I might suggest having an area for pvp, but where you don't lose exp if you die!
That would be really cool..
anyway... really nice job on the server!!!!

With help of Big Vamp from vapus and Evil Hero from otland I made a monster script. Had a lot of trouble with focus cid on my function which is why the function name is fuckmylife. Haha :p

It kills the monster after X seconds (configure urself) after it has been spawned.

data/creaturescripts/creaturescripts.xml:
XML:
<event type="think" name="monsterdeath" event="script" value="monsterdeath.lua"/>

Add this code to any data/monsters/scripts file you want to launch this script:
XML:
	<script>
	<event name="monsterdeath"/>
	</script>

data/creaturescripts/scripts
monsterdeath.lua
Lua:
-- How many seconds shall monster stay alive?
seconds = 4

-- Do you want people to be able to loot monster
-- after its dead? 0 = NO, 1 = YES.
loot = 1

function onThink(cid)
	addEvent(fuckmylife,1000*seconds, {cid=cid})
	return true
end
function fuckmylife(cid)
local cid = cid.cid
	if loot > 0 then
		if isCreature(cid) then
			doCreatureAddHealth(cid, -getCreatureHealth(cid))
		return true
		end
	else
		if isCreature(cid) then
			doRemoveCreature(cid)
		return true
		end
	end
	return true
end

Useful if you got scripts to spawn bosses. Useful in etc typical arena like quests.

I am using this script for quest based monster spawns, and I want to make sure the monsters are being removed after 5 min in case the player did not succeed in killing the monster. To prevent over-spawned quests.

Last edited:
Back