• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

What will happen to our projects?

Damon

Check my status to contact me :)
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I wanted to ask you what you guys think, will happen to our ot projects, from the whole otland community?
When I see such good servers coming up, after a lot of work like eldins rookwar project and later on maybee his eldin world project.
Or lordaeron server from elf... Both came up and starting to die or died already. Rookwar is noone online and lordaeron, just go in the advertisement thread and read some of the last comments like for example those:

Tayan become more active fucksake, the serv will slowly die due to this.. such a waste of a good server

Bored of the server now:S,
Thinking of quiting this ot because Elf updates the ot the first week and is active so is his staff but the next weeks its crasesh,kicks and he doesnt even inform us and hes never active so for his staff to. Nobody is active of his staff and helping the people who needs help.

------------------------------------

If such good and long developed servers go down jsut after a couple of weeks i wonder, what will happen to our currently 2 biggest projects:

ZANTERA and TibiaWR ?
Will they end like this, too? Then it would be a waste of time, developing them...
I want to know, what you guys think about that, and if you say ZANTERA or TibiaWR will do it better, please tell us WHY they won't end like Lordaeron or Rookwar?
Because maybee the first 1-2 weeks will start many players like on lordaeron and rook, too... but what will happen after that?
I'd say
The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind...
, because your gonna tell me/us now! :cool:

Kind Regards,
Damon

and tell us WHY AREN'T OUR SERVERS SO SUCCESFULL IKE THOSE IN MY SIGNATURE :D

Last edited:
Humm, its a good way to think and care about these projects.
I already play on the firsts versions of Zantera.net, its a good server but unfortunately its a war server, when the war end all teams will leave. Then the server will start die, is the true. TILfen is a really, really good mapper and i think him should enjoy in some custom server.

About TibiaWR, i don't have any comments, this project seems really good and seriously, but is still on "paper". They are trying make a team almost big and similar than tibia global. I think they are thinking too high, but if they build a good team with alot good scripters, mappers and programmers they can walk next to the tibia global.

Now, the comment about Tayan and his team to be missing from the Lordaeron.eu is true, but not quite. Look the tibia global is rare to see someone helping in-game. But for an server that are starting i agree this kind of missing is a big problem.

I think that for a server be a good server, need not only a competent team but also players who care about the server and with the new players that are coming and we cannot rely on those kinds of comments because it will always have someone wanting to crash the server.

We only will know if the server is good when we play on that, don't care about that people say with this kind of comment.

Cyaa. Elusion :ninja:

Thanks for your comment :)
Any other opinions? Oh cmon guys :D

Im totally agree with Elusion, lordaeron is one of the best servers but unfortunately the staff isnt active, when server crashes no one give us a reason or info, its really sad how a great server can die. Goobers Server, best server imo, i was one of the first players, Fun never ends in Goobers Server JustinJames(the owner) always cares about his players, his mainly porpuse was create a great succesfull server and he did it, very active people, staff and lot of fun btw goobers will still online with or without players to a long time.

1. TibiaWR is on hold for now, it's just an overambitious project that the owner spent 2700 US Dollar on. (Not sure about the amount, but it was much!)

2. Zantera is a good project, they have been in a such hurry every time they start the server before. This time they are taking it slower and hopefully the server will stay online longer :)

1. Zantera is known good server also good staff i think this wont end like lordaeron where gms inactive

2. tibiawar i dont know that server

1. Zantera is known good server also good staff i think this wont end like lordaeron where gms inactive

2. tibiawar i dont know that server

There are projects that are way more worked on than these two tho, won't name them but seriously guys? Just because these are the most visible projects at OTLand doesn't it mean that they are the best...

Once money starts coming in, server owners won't give a flying fuck what goes on.

I would bet that all these crashes and the lag would be due to DDoS which is likely the reason Elf hasn't said anything, what can he do? There is no way to prevent DDoS. Sure he can reduce some of it by only allowing so many connections by 1 IP at a time, but that will only slow it down and not prevent it.

It's sad to say, but this day and age you wont be successful unless you get lucky and DDoSers don't go after you. All it takes is some kid who wants your sources and data files and wham - he's taking down your server.

@up: With that solution (allowing only 1 connection per IP), he will prevent DoS attacks, but DDos are from various ip's and maybe he can reduce the attack, but can't stop it...
And what happen if someone uses a DRDoS attack? It should be more difficult to stop... Well, I propose to gather a group of people from here and other forums and do some stuff to prevent all this type of attacks.... It will help many people...

Sorry for the bad english, my native language is spanish ;/

I thank you for taking up my server and I totaly agree.
That is some of the reasons why I create different ideas, host them, fix things and then want to release them.

DOWNLOAD ROOKWAR NOW!

The server can now be downloaded for own use!

Kind Regards,
Eldin.

Back