• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Runes of Magic

Mummrik

Hey!
Solutions
Reaction score
I did search if there was any runes of magic thread here on otland, but i did not find any so i will start it.

Feel free to post anything about this game in this thread

I play as a Knight/Priest (lvl 29/15 atm) on Smacht (En PvP)
character name is Mummrik Like always :p

Runes of Magic - offical homepage

What is Runes of Magic?
Its a kinda big World of Warcraft ripoff but its 100% free, unless you want to pay for some special items such as exp potions,item attribute runes, mounts (you can rent them whit in game cash for a short time <15min or 2h>, or whit daily quest tokens that will last 30 days) and even more stuffs for example decorative items that you can put in your house. So if you are an old world of warcraft player you might find this game really fun. (this game does have other funtions that wow dosent)

2x Class system?
In runes of magic you have two classes on one character, one primary and one secondary (you gain the secondary class at lvl 15) so you will get two characters in one if you want to be a rouge one day and a mage the next day you can simpley go to the class master and change it (notice that you have different lvl on the different classes so you have to gain lvls on both classes. There is also a lvl cap at lvl 50 so you can only gain lvl 50 on both classes)

Release date / how manny play this game?
The release date was 19 march 2009 and the game got over 1 milion players what i read from some inteview whit the company.
So it has grown very fast. (On the first open beta day thay got 400,000 players)

Here is a screenshots i did make of my character whit the best quality settings:
rascrnshot2009061514045.png

I played it and..

It was booring, I dont know why. But I have a qustion, has this game copied somethings from WOW?.. Because when you choose character and enter the game is exactly the same as Wow..

4/10

I'm mage priest but I don't play anymore :( It's too boring to play when you're alone..

News:
Home
News Archive
Client Downlaod

It's the first thing you see when you go to their homepage...

Well that was when thay still was testing. What i have read from some interview whit the company thay said it was released 19 march 2009, but it has been up for a long time. The offical release was 19 march 09.

I'm mage priest but I don't play anymore :( It's too boring to play when you're alone..
You where the one that did make me find this game in some post i did ask you on what server you play on but no answear im 29/17 knight/priest on smacht come there?

I played it and..

It was booring, I dont know why. But I have a qustion, has this game copied somethings from WOW?.. Because when you choose character and enter the game is exactly the same as Wow..

4/10
If thay have copy anything? yes, thay have copy almost everything (added some own things also). Almost all games that look like this has the same functions so its not only wow that run like this. some examples that has the same login stuffs: Silkroad online, lord of the ring online (dont know if that is the right name) and more games

Last edited:
Back