• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[BETA] VisualSigs

DarkstaR

Banned User
Reaction score
VisualSigs is a new project of mine which allows the end-user to share their Tibian characters with the world on a more informative basis then ever before.

In the past, you may have seen signatures that tell name, residence, etc. But honestly, who really cares where your residence is? I've noticed one thing time and time again, and that's when people want to see how a character is doing - e.g. following a life thread - they pay attention to three things: Level, Skills, and EQ. These three factors basically make or break a character, and can tell it's entire story on their own - if the viewer is adept at interpreting them. However, it becomes a huge hassle for someone to constantly take pictures of their EQ and skills for a life thread.

This reason and this reason alone is what fueled me to start this project. VisualSigs will update an image showing your characters level, skills, and EQ, with just the press of a button. As an added bonus, they will also show off your outfit from every direction possible.

Darkstaar.png

A look at an example VisualSig.

How does this work? Simple. You run a small program (which runs in the background when not in use). This will then monitor all of your Tibia clients, and check to see if any of your logged in characters or the accounts they reside on are paid in our database. (don't wanna pay? Stick around and I'll let you know how to get it FREE) If the verification passes, the program lets you set a few different options. After doing so, it allows you to update your VisualSig with the press of a button. Instantly, your signature will be updated with your EQ, level, skills and outfit. Whenever you feel the need to refresh the signature, just hit the button again - its that simple.

visualsig.png

A view of the BETA UI.

Currently, you have three different options:
  1. To Show/Not To Show Skills
  2. Which Melee Skill To Show
  3. The Color Of The Images Text

However, in the future the list of options will be highly more extensive. Some - but not all - of the things we have planned follow
  • Which Side Of The Image To Show EQ On
  • Background Image
  • Custom String (Like a quote or motto of some sort)
  • Different fonts

Would you like to get in on the action?
If you would like to have a VisualSig before anyone else, and you would like to NEVER have to pay for it, then now is your chance.

I'm trying to get the word out and the hype up, while simultaneously BETA testing the product. For that reason, the first 10 people to PM me will get their own VisualSig, for free. The sig will also stay validated even when the final release comes. That means you get this for free. If you would like to be a part of this, then PM me with the following info:
  • Character name or Account name (Account name will enable a signature for every character on the account)
  • Why I should let you get it for free, besides the reasons previously mentioned.

Also, you must have at least 200 posts, and this must go in your OTLand signature, linking back to this thread. This helps me make sure that the word is getting spread. However, you are not limited to OTLand, you can use this on any website you want. When you PM me, I will respond with further instruction.

Remember, this only goes to the first 10 people to PM me. So be quick, and thanks for your time.

//DarkstaR

Last edited:
Yeah bro, the only sucky part is that shitty background image. ;)

Last edited:
This is one of the starting projects for the D3S Group (a future company and leader in software for the Tibian community) and we are very excited for it. This is only the BETA, and the beginning of huge plans for these little signature images. Hopefully you guys will take part and make it a success.

What about EQ shower? Is it included?

Also IMHO the client should be open source, so i can feel safe :p

Everything will be included, as I will give you a fully-functional visualSig.

And I would open source it, but that would make it really easy for people to spoof data. However, if you don't trust a program from me, then just dont use it.

(Mind you, I have a bot with 6.5k+ downloads, I'm the creator of BitMapToMap, and I've sold my GMClients to multiple people. If I wanted to hack anyone, I would have done it by now.)

I did not say, that i do not trust You. You are good programmer, but in my opinion that things should get open source.

Also could You pm me with testig app ;] ?

Btw: It sohould look similar to this:
126507116782.png

Hey, this is very cool. If I cared about my Real Tibia character I'd definitely get involved.

You should make it so people can use their own background images.

I did not say, that i do not trust You. You are good programmer, but in my opinion that things should get open source.

I understand. I pretty much open source anything that I'm not looking for a profit off of. But if it jeopardizes money, then I don't.

Also could You pm me with testig app ;] ?

Btw: It sohould look similar to this:
126507116782.png

I need to add you to my database before anything can be done. Read my first post after the big bold letters, there is instructions there.

Back