• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Forum Tutorial] Use otland instead of speedyshare or similar sites.

Znote

<?php echo $title; ?>
Staff member
Global Moderator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
Znote
Ok, even speedyshare is slow.

Did you know that otland also got a great file hosting solution? The attachment system.

I would like especially to use otlands file hosting system on the download boards. Then we are not dependent of sites, as long as otland is up, the download is as well.

2206-attachment1.jpg

2207-attachment2.jpg

2208-attachment3.jpg

2209-attachment4.jpg

2210-attachment5.jpg

Not to mention its faster than all the other sites.
Result:

Here is the quara download, check attachments:

Attachments

Last edited:
Yeah I'm actually doing it. Faster and no bloody waiting time. We could make it a requirement on downloads forum. Good idea.

Yeah I'm actually doing it. Faster and no bloody waiting time. We could make it a requirement on downloads forum. Good idea.
We could do it but it wouldn't be good for the forum. Some of the stuff posted in the download board is copyrighted and if its hosted in our database we could get sued for it. But in other hand as you mentioned it is better to upload your files at otland!

Good thread Znote!:)

Wouldn't this slow down OtLand if this becomes too way popular? (in case OtLand doesn't delete old files)

:blink:

Also, if this just doesn't slow down OtLand... I guess we use services like Speedyshare, Uploadhyper, etc... because we are used to big uploading (if you know what I mean... big files), but this could be very useful indeed for the downloads section. (small files are uploaded there)

Wouldn't this slow down OtLand if this becomes too way popular? (in case OtLand doesn't delete old files)

Also, if this just doesn't slow down OtLand... I guess we use services like Speedyshare, Uploadhyper, etc... because we are used to big uploading (if you know what I mean... big files), but this could be very useful indeed for the downloads section. (small files are uploaded there)

So please add max size if you uploading files? :D

We could do it but it wouldn't be good for the forum. Some of the stuff posted in the download board is copyrighted and if its hosted in our database we could get sued for it. But in other hand as you mentioned it is better to upload your files at otland!

Good thread Znote!:)

Keep in mind that everything that is being released is verified and confirmed by us global moderators (And the board moderators of the section). We can easy see the difference of a tibia map and a cracked version of AVG antivirus. <--- Which is licensed and illegal since its cracked.

Its still not a problem.

This forum is hosted on Talaturens net, if not mistaken, the speed is 200Mbps. Which is kinda high. And if I'm totally wrong and it may need more Internet speed, its always a possibility to rent a dedicated server in France or Chicago with the money he earn though donations.

// If money is the problem. I can support with dedicated servers.
Chicago Dedicated Servers - Dedicated Web Hosting Servers - Linux & Managed Dedicated Servers
serverloft &ndash; Welcome to serverloft &ndash; Dedicated Servers

This is Vbulletin, and there should also be possible to have more servers to the same database. There should be possible to have etc 1 server in Germany that is the "attachment storage and bandwidth" server. That way this forum would not be slowed down because of big attachments. In the worst case it would be the attachments download speed which would reduce a little bit.

Back