• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Official OtLand Mapping Contest] November - Piers

Who are you voting for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peroxide

Gone since January 2018
Senator
Reaction score
62tGx.png

Rules for Voting
You may only vote once, anyone found to have used multiple accounts to vote on their favorite
piece will have their votes disqualified.
(Note this does not disqualify the contestant).
If the contestant is discovered to have told other people to vote for him/her, or has voted for himself, they will be
disqualified without warning, and not allowed to participate in another Official Contest for 3 month.
If you know who mapped what just by style, do not post saying who it is. You will receive an infraction for doing so.

Things to keep in mind when voting:
The theme, look at how close the mapper followed the theme, e.g. Lighting, details etc.

Contestant's Works

2moau75.png

ECFfws.png

n7zfqO.png

fdQXy.png

Isoww.png

DqlNxJ.png

2RETF5.png

IjWI2.png

Enjoy :)

1. I don't know why, but I don't like this one... it's well done as it is, but something is missing + it seems to be a pier in the middle of nowhere?
2. nice idea, but the images could have been taken way better + it's somehow boring with all the rubbish and stones as only details + weird monsters on top of it? ._.
3. this one doesn't look very stable o.o more like a big floating raft with weird sticks at its bottom; but house, nature and boat are well done
4. not much pier there, eh? don't like the rest either
5. pier? yes. details? no.
6. same as above
7. while looking through 1-6 I was like "oh that's strange, no way too dark picture", then I saw #7 and my world was perfect again; grass on the pier is a little weird, but the entire piece seems to be a little "taken by nature", so it fits in one way or another

conclusion: I have no idea who to vote for.

Too be honest this months pieces really dissapointed me :/ , a pretty easy theme and still only a few manage to stick to this theme ...

1- looks decent, but too many different sides of the pier, i also dislike the hole in the pier and the little green perk, looks really bad imo. the one thing i also missed a lot is a beach or something like that, would make it better.
2- one of the pieces that stick to the theme but way to spammed with random stuff. also the second piece looks horrible, would make a better impression if u had just submitted the first piece.
3-doenst fit the theme at all, where is the pier? this seems like a place where ships reload there stuff. also some bugs found there way in the piece.
4-nicely mapped but again where is the pier? looks more like a bridge than a pier
5-this looks a bit like a pier but its too empty imo, also some land or like a beach would make it better
6-way too basic, this could be done by anyone in a matter of little time. u lacked time and rushed it to finish it?
7-again , where is the pier? more like a docking place for boats, also dislike the grass tufts on the wood very much, also a bit too dark for me in this picture, the darkness doenst give a plus to this picture.

i decided to vote for 1 because its the piece that is mapped the best and kept the theme alive.
but not one piece really made me think : wow thats a nice piece

#1 was the best for the theme. Issue was, it could of been done so much better... nice ideas, decent potential.. BUT not enough to get my vote, sorry.

#7 Got my vote simply because it reminded me of an old pier i used to visit as a kid; which i have lots of fond memories of :p

The rest don't specifically follow the theme much.. More of bridges or standard docks..

Tho.. given time i may change my vote to #1.. But for now it's 7 :)

while 4 is okay.. It's not on a seafront..

Haha, number 1 has quite a few votes so far, anyone got ideas for December's theme (I think it may be reserved for a christmas theme as cliche as it is. So if it is a christmas theme for December we'll use an idea for January 2013)

I will consider doing a cash prize for December or perhaps something else

I'm not banning anyone from Decembers contest, it's christmas next month so I would like to get as many people as possible together ^_^

Thank you very much, is that was busy by the studies.

The worst thing is that if I did the map.

Last edited:
Back