• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

cake's mapping thread.

cake

Banned User
Reaction score
Hiya, since I got inspired by Collz' mapping thread, did I decide to make my own.

First of all, I hate mapping spawns/hunting places. I hate it. Can't be said too much.

Always searching constructive critism. (Such as why there is no small rocks at the orc cave?!^^)

2a683zp.png

29nxkes.png

1onall.png

34hi44x.png

29zxvlz.png

5kplkj.png

2z9e1xw.png

2wgwys5.png

jsd8h4.png

255thr9.png

f03q0h.png

3329s2t.png

Hope you like it :)

Last edited:
You can see a lot of good ideas, but add more details and other effective things.

Yours
Tapek

You've got the general idea of how to map, I'd advice you to stop using autoborder and doodads though, and do everything manually instead. If you do, I belive you'll improve rapidly!

You can see a lot of good ideas, but add more details and other effective things.

Yours
Tapek

Thanks ^^
At the orcs, I think I'm missing small rocks, maybe a few large ones. What do you think?

Also, at the hellfire fighters, am I completely lost. What should I add? Burnt walls or some trash with a fire field on it?

=)

You've got the general idea of how to map, I'd advice you to stop using autoborder and doodads though, and do everything manually instead. If you do, I belive you'll improve rapidly!

Thanks^^ I'm not using RAW Palette as much as others I believe.

Your maps are nice, but they could use a little more details. Overall your maps are pretty good. Rep++ and show us some more :p.

Thanks aswell^^

Your maps are nice, but they could use a little more details. Overall your maps are pretty good. Rep++ and show us some more :p.

You know the basics, but your maps lack of details. Add more small stones, use more raw palette and different borders. It will look alot better with different grounds!

Keep mapping

You know the basics, but your maps lack of details. Add more small stones, use more raw palette and different borders. It will look alot better with different grounds!

Keep mapping

Thanks, hopefully I'll have some new pictures in a few days =)

Its actually looks kinda good, but as they say;
- You need more details to make it better!

As promised, a few more screenshots. I've recently had a mapping-block, no inspiration at all so I haven't mapped much.

The following screenshots are part of a bigger place, it is named 'Undead Kingdom' where 'Koshei the Deathless' will spawn (raid, happens randomly). Because of a quest not working can the players not get Koshei's Ancient Amulet, so instead I've made a place for that raid. Since the amulet is on the donation choices, is it made to be hard.

Also, please ignore the green potions, as something was wrong with the sprite ingame. (They was supposed to be a bone)

jsd8h4.png

255thr9.png

f03q0h.png

As promised, a few more screenshots. I've recently had a mapping-block, no inspiration at all so I haven't mapped much.

The following screenshots are part of a bigger place, it is named 'Undead Kingdom' where 'Koshei the Deathless' will spawn (raid, happens randomly). Because of a quest not working can the players not get Koshei's Ancient Amulet, so instead I've made a place for that raid. Since the amulet is on the donation choices, is it made to be hard.

Also, please ignore the green potions, as something was wrong with the sprite ingame. (They was supposed to be a bone)

jsd8h4.png

255thr9.png

f03q0h.png
Good job! I like the new maps a lot. I would love to see more from you.

Back