• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Darkonia: A Revolution Project Mapping Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostX

Mapping Board Moderator
Staff member
Board Moderator
Reaction score
Twitch
ghostxpr0
MaIxW.png

This is a project i have been mapping for a fair while now and since i do not want to fill up my discussion thread with pictures of the map; a new mapping thread is born.

A little on the story of the server to bring in some context:
22:26 You see a story book. It weighs 10.00oz. "Long, long ago, in a land home to many beings; the holy, the evil, the giant, the small, the fat, the slim, the ugly and the beautiful. A land of friends and a land of foes. A huge land named darkonia. The story of this forsaken realm began with a human; Satis. A druid elder who seeked a greater fate than that of his tribe; The Dyl. A druid that spent his days speaking of a vision he once had as a child. A vision of a great war. Satis; being a child, was laughed at for his "vision"; the other druids, or Dyl, claimed he was just a child and all it was just a silly nightmare, nothing more; nothing less.

Satis grew up an outcast as his methods were unorthadox to those methods used by the rest of the Dyl. However, Darcia; the wise, always respected Satis for following his own ways. And being the leader of the tribe, members of the Dyl had fallen jelous of his relationship with Darcia. The others did not understand why they weren't "good" enough for Darcia's attention. But Darcia was known for his wise judgements and saw a great future for Satis.

Satis grew up, learning powerful magic from Darcia and left his tribe to seek out the reason for his vision; As he got older, his visions became more vivid, more shaper. He realised he must explore the nature of his vision closer to find out more. More than 20 years passed on his journey across the realm; Satis had met a fair few friends and a fair few foes, always remembering the teachings of Darcia; "A good man can walk a harsh road without a heavy burden but an evil man can walk no road without a heavy burden." And thus, we begin the story of the revolution.

As Satis got closer to his fate, the visions became much stronger until the day where his visions became reality. The sins of all among the land had summoned the Gods. The Gods spoke of the harsh methods and extent of our greed had caused the downfall of us all. They demanded that we make peace with all kinds; but the demons within oppossed the Gods! The Gods sent the angels of the heavens to reap the earth; Every man took to arms to defend their land, every minotaur, every giant, every elf fought as one to survive. The Gods recalled the wave of angels leaving a message, "Until we witness the actions of a pure heart, we shall stop at nothing to wipe out all life. Judgement day shall come!"

The races of all: Orcs, Minotaurs, Humans, Giants, Dragons all fought eachother, in attempt to wipe out the injustice that had striken this world and create their "super race" to enforce a global purity. The revolution began...

So...

(Sorry these pictures are not top quality, i totally forgot about "do not stretch window" but they are here none the less)

Tporw.png

GZM2v.png

vU5jA.png

Zombie rook (leave normal rook at level 8 yet shipwreck onto a zombie island)

JOK0N.png
hlxn4.png
uvgex.png
RwO2M.png
PspVT.png
ojT1B.png

TsRH.png
ZxOm.png
L1H3h.png

From now on i will post all map updates here.

Regards,
Ghostx

Recommended owner and server.

I don't necessarily follow typical conventions. I like to be unique and different. I will release more of both, the actual rook and the zombie rook - following with the mainland and other areas. ;)

+ you may feel the zombie area is wierd, but due to the epidemic of the zombie plague, walls have been built segregating the city into 5 parts.

Sam maorrrrrr ;3

dSxZ1.png
jDcoI.png
hSZf.png
u4RbE.png
9zR1e.png
9ng5I.png
QO8Om.png

Keep in mind the above pictures are the ZOMBIE ROOK and the below minimap is the original first rook.

Also here is a rough minimap of Yallendale (the first rook). When i say rough minimap i mean i have "blued" out some areas as to not release too much and the rook island only :p As of now you can see a bridge north that is semi broken well the is another side that meets to that but.. :p shusssssssh tall nao wunz plazzz ;3
h6qir.png

AND LOL at my bad editing. The south coast where there are green squares everywhere, well it had no nature so i kinda attempted to "add some via paint" hahaha

Last edited:
hmm thanks. The zombie city has been placed in lockdown that is why you see the fences etc. I will show more pictures of Yallendale; the beginner island, some more of the zombie city, and some sneak peaks at the mainland soon. :)

I don't like the depot,but maby its just me:D

@flint~ Thanks dude.

@surjendra ok thanks anyway - this is only the rook depot (which is linked to the main depot also -first town anyway)

I will update pictures into this post asap so yh :D yayaya more :p

Cheers

Last edited:
I think the zombie rook is useless
except if the the player will gain some eq,items or will help in the quests when u go to main land

@up lol it is part of the story line quest so yes, it is linked to main. Also, it is rpg? Some variation lol. You think your going main (well not now because i spoiled it D:) and then you shipwreck, build a raft and sail to closest island, you are trapped here until you get the kings permission to leave and you gain some money for main, idk about items yet, and continue along the storyline quest.

Surely zombies in cod is useless under same logic? :p

People seme to like zombies so yh xD also the zombie event will be zone 5 (which is inaccessible part from the event) which can be sailed to via main free of charge and you can enter when the event is open. The gate will then close behind you and a zombie raid will begin; unlike zombie events on other servers this isn't a 1 hit and dead. This is like normal PvM and there is a chance when attacked to become infected. This is a poison that will hit 10 damage every 3 seconds for a total of 100 damage. If it manages to reach its last damage w,o you curing it then you lose. A maximum of 30 people will be allowed in the event. After the raid is finished - including the boss (custom sprite) each survivor will receive a trophy stating you are a survivor and 3 Purity points.
Now, purity points? What are these?
These are points gathered from certain quests, events and achievments that you can trade in for some very unique items and some areas become unlockable with the more you have. If you save every single point and withold from purchasing anything with these points you will ofcourse have access to all these unique areas and be able to trade them in for the angel costume outfit aswell as the angel's mount.

Last edited:
u know i got idea like when u got to leave rook (no zombie)
the should write somethin like

while u were sailing to .....( idk the name of main city) ur boat was broken beside an island
u should write more
:)

Yh will probably add something like this in a box popup form

@up lol it is part of the story line quest so yes, it is linked to main. Also, it is rpg? Some variation lol. You think your going main (well not now because i spoiled it D:) and then you shipwreck, build a raft and sail to closest island, you are trapped here until you get the kings permission to leave and you gain some money for main, idk about items yet, and continue along the storyline quest.

Surely zombies in cod is useless under same logic? :p

People seme to like zombies so yh xD also the zombie event will be zone 5 (which is inaccessible part from the event) which can be sailed to via main free of charge and you can enter when the event is open. The gate will then close behind you and a zombie raid will begin; unlike zombie events on other servers this isn't a 1 hit and dead. This is like normal PvM and there is a chance when attacked to become infected. This is a poison that will hit 10 damage every 3 seconds for a total of 100 damage. If it manages to reach its last damage w,o you curing it then you lose. A maximum of 30 people will be allowed in the event. After the raid is finished - including the boss (custom sprite) each survivor will receive a trophy stating you are a survivor and 3 Purity points.
Now, purity points? What are these?
These are points gathered from certain quests, events and achievments that you can trade in for some very unique items and some areas become unlockable with the more you have. If you save every single point and withold from purchasing anything with these points you will ofcourse have access to all these unique areas and be able to trade them in for the angel costume outfit aswell as the angel's mount.

This is really amazing :)

Hmm not much to bump with (haven't had time to do ingame shots of other things) but this is what i am currently working on

And orc encampment but a very large one, leading to the Gate of Xavu Matuk; The city of demonic beings home to the gate of the underworld. But that's another story for another image :p For now.. Enjoy the entrance of the orc encampment (so far spent 10-15 minutes) but it is an update nonetheless.

U85gU.png

This isn't for comments like (finish please) this is a map update to give those interested in my server something to look forward to when finished.

I will also play around with light effects to get it to have a dark green or red theme. Probably green as the swamp and orcs area XD then contrast it to red along the route to Xavu Matuk.

:) i hope to finish alot of it today and will do some ingame pics today also :)

Hmm haven't added much new things to the map, edited a few places fixed a few bugs i noticed, will most likely post a large map update on the weekend or tomorrow if i can be bothered :p

Also we have a number of developers within the team now. So we may start to see the work from other mappers here too :)

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back