• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Sam's mapping thread

EagleVision

Mapper
Reaction score
Hello, welcome to my mapping thread!

I saw lots of people making a mapping thread so I decided to make one too.

So, here are a few pictures of my works and I'll update them when I got time. I'm always open for critics and for people who can give me better advice. I'd like to ask to stay polite please. You can tell me your oppinion but keep it nice, thanks. :)

Posion cave (prbly for medusa or bog raiders):
C5PQaj2Cxa.png

0lMre4C3i.png

Mb73dHuBq.png

Orc camp (being attack by nomades: next pictures)
ciugUI6Cy1.png

mDhjHcDyT.png

Nomades (attacking orc camp):
d4kJEEqgrl.png

A6Jvv4mwlL.png

Just a cave:
00CuDOQN4S.png

d8gKVz4oIa.png

JqZ2ZEBaqE.png

Cyclops and minotaur camp:
dn0ednDTco.png

1TCbeTLdm.png

City gate:
HHI4Olo7ty.png

Rotworm cave:
mMxGp2lE3f.png

- Sam (Eagle)

I noticed some pictures aren't really easy to see the details..
Next time I'll insert pictures that are more 'zoomed in'.

- Sam

When I look at the pictures I can see that you're a mapper who's still learning. A tip is: Use RAW palette only. Try do create a small cave or anything with some finnishing details. Post it here and I can help you to improve a bit.

Why the hell should he only use RAW Palette?

Take new screenshots and reupload them since i cant see anything at all on these pics.

Alright, some close ups.

Orc camp:
38Eai3TLqI.png

GjcEpyvWDq.png

Nomades:
9JzdpZVE6N.png

0KFfx5Kb9k.png

Cyclops and minotaur camp:
GjJVf1BkPU.png

OPyrE0PE1.png

Little bear spawn:
mvMACPRGmu.png

- Sam (Eagle)

Last edited:
Idk if they are all yours, on some pictures you put the mountain borders wrong, and one later it's correct.
why didnt you fixxed it?

Who are you? and what do you know about mapping? since i never seen any mapped stuff by you and RAW Palette doesnt look always better! omg

A good RME mapper leverages autoborder, raw palette, probably edits his palette XMLs, and generally uses all the tools at his disposal to make the vision in his mind a reality.

A good mapper simply knows what looks good and where to place things to make the whole picture look simply awesome and for that purpose u have to know what kind of players your server will play, if *serious* players play it than you need a nicely detailed map with perfectly placed details if its a war server on the other hand than u need less details and more open room/details that benefit the PvP.
Its all about knowing your players and knowing what your players like.
And ofc u need some experience and abit of talent.

So no, u dont have to know how to edit RMEs palette XMLs or use autoborder aslong as you know what ur doing ;)
And noone says that autobordering is a bad thing, it saves time and thats what its there for. ^_^

So guys, practice, watch, learn and develope and ur gonna be a good mapper in no time ^_^

wtf with you guys why bumping this sht -.-

Back