• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TalkAction Funny random talkaction

Summ

(\/)(;,,;)(\/) Y not?
Staff member
Global Moderator
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello
I know there are few bugs and maybe it could be done in spell script, but I was experimenting and made it in talkaction.

Code:
function onSay(cid, words, param, channel)
	local lvl,mlvl = getPlayerLevel(cid),getPlayerMagLevel(cid)
	local config = {
		interval = 500,
		exhaused = 0,
		times = 30,
		formula = {["min"] = (lvl * 1 + 1 * mlvl + 10),["max"] = (lvl * 1 + 1.2 * mlvl + 50)},
		storage = 6666,
		lvl = 0,
		mlvl = 0,
		manacost = 0,
		lockmove = 0,
		multicast = 100,
		multichance = 100,
		movetype = 0,
		effect = {37,48},
		distance = 0,
		disteffect = {4,35,7},
		damagetype = 2
	}
	local c = config
	if lvl < c.lvl then
		doSendMagicEffect(getPlayerPosition(cid),2)
		doPlayerSendCancel(cid,"You do not have enough level to use this spell.")
		return false
	end
	if mlvl < c.mlvl then
		doPlayerSendCancel(cid,"Your magic level is too low.")
		return false
	end
	if getPlayerMana(cid) < c.manacost then
		doPlayerSendCancel(cid,"You do not have enough mana.")
		return false
	end
	local storage = getPlayerStorageValue(cid,c.storage)
	if storage >= os.time() and storage >= 1 then
		doPlayerSendCancel(cid,"You are exhaused.")
		return false
	end
	local pos = getPlayerPosition(cid)
	if getTilePzInfo(pos) then
		doPlayerSendCancel(cid,"You cannot use this spell while you are in a protection zone.")
		return false
	end
	doCreatureSetNoMove(cid,c.lockmove)	
	function getRandomPosition(pos,move)
		local new = 0
		if move == 0 then
			new = {[1] = {x=pos.x+1,y=pos.y,z=pos.z,stackpos=0},[2] = {x=pos.x-1,y=pos.y,z=pos.z,stackpos=0},[3] = {x=pos.x,y=pos.y-1,z=pos.z,stackpos=0},[4] = {x=pos.x,y=pos.y+1,z=pos.z,stackpos=0},[5] = {x=pos.x+1,y=pos.y+1,z=pos.z,stackpos=0},[6] = {x=pos.x-1,y=pos.y+1,z=pos.z,stackpos=0},[7] = {x=pos.x+1,y=pos.y-1,z=pos.z,stackpos=0},[8] = {x=pos.x-1,y=pos.y-1,z=pos.z,stackpos=0}}
		else
			new = {[1] = {x=pos.x+1,y=pos.y,z=pos.z,stackpos=0},[2] = {x=pos.x-1,y=pos.y,z=pos.z,stackpos=0},[3] = {x=pos.x,y=pos.y-1,z=pos.z,stackpos=0},[4] = {x=pos.x,y=pos.y+1,z=pos.z,stackpos=0}}
		end
		local tab = {}
			for i = 1,#new do
				if getTileThingByPos(new[i]).uid > 0 then
					if getTilePzInfo(new[i]) == FALSE and hasProperty(getThingFromPos(new[i]).uid,CONST_PROP_BLOCKINGANDNOTMOVEABLE) == FALSE then
						tab[(#tab+1)] = new[i] 
					end
				end
			end
		local rand = 0
		if tab[1] then
			rand = math.random(1,#tab)
		end
		if tab[rand] then
			return tab[rand]
		else
			return false
		end
	end
	local function doDamage(cid, type, pos, min, max, effect,times,interval,mover,dist,deffect)
		times = times-1
		for i = 2, #effect do
			doSendMagicEffect(pos,effect[i])
		end
		if dist > 0 then
			for i = 1,#deffect do
			doSendDistanceShoot(getPlayerPosition(cid), pos, deffect[i])
			end
		end
		doAreaCombatHealth(cid, type, pos, 0, min, max, effect[1])
		if times >= 0 and getRandomPosition(pos,mover) ~= false and isPlayer(cid) == true then
			addEvent(doDamage,interval,cid,type,getRandomPosition(pos,mover),min,max,effect,times,interval,mover,dist,deffect)
		end
	end

c.times = c.times-1
	local chance = math.random(1,100)
	if c.multichance >= chance and c.multicast > 1 then
		for i = 1,c.multicast do
			doDamage(cid, c.damagetype, pos, -c.formula["min"], -c.formula["max"], c.effect,c.times,c.interval,c.movetype,c.distance,c.disteffect)	
		end
	else
		doDamage(cid, c.damagetype, pos, -c.formula["min"], -c.formula["max"], c.effect,c.times,c.interval,c.movetype,c.distance,c.disteffect)
	end
	setPlayerStorageValue(cid,c.storage,(os.time()+c.exhaused))
	addEvent(doCreatureSetNoMove, (c.interval*c.times), cid, 0)
	doPlayerAddSpentMana(cid,c.manacost)
	doPlayerAddMana(cid,-c.manacost)
		return true and doCreatureSay(cid,words,1)
end

Ok thats the script just make a word in talkactions.xml to trigger the script.
About the config:
interval is the time between the spell jumps in millisecs,exhaused should be clear,times is how often it jumps formula you can either select a min,max formula or base damage,storage is the storage where exhaused is save (must be unused),lvl,mlvl,manacost you should know what to do there,lockmove = wheather the player may move or not (1 or 0) while the spell is running,multicast is how often the spell should be casted if it is multicast,multichance is the chance for multicast,movetype = 0 means the spell move diagonal and = 1 means only straight,effect is the effects shown on the tile,distance is if a distance effect should be sent,disteffect is the distance effects shown only is distance is 1,damagetype = 2 is the damagetype. 2 means energy and 8 for example fire.

The spell starts at the position you stand and then randomly moves either straigh or diagonal and straigt to other tiles. The spell always jumps to a near tile. You can't use in PZ and it won't jump in PZ or in not walkable things.

REMEMBER IT'S ONLY TO PLAY AROUND AND SHOULD BE USED IN SERIOUS OTs

Known bugs:
-laggs hard if the player logs while spell is cast (maybe fixed)
-can cause lagg if you set to low interval or to high multicast or to high times.

Last edited:
Soo... i understand this :S!

what is the function!

please images or video please (YN)!

We'll it is more than a template and you can configure how it looks yourself. You can set the effects it will look like and distance effects to. You can set how long it lasts (times and interval) the speed (interval) and even how often it will cast (multicast). To make it cast twice or more often every time set multichance to 100...

I will try to transform it to a spell at weekend.

Have fun testing it xD

Back