0.2.8: The first 8.62 distribution, also with LuaJIT. 8.7 support on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fury

OtLand's Mascot
Reaction score
From The Forgotten Server development blog:
The first 8.62 distribution was released two days ago, not only was it the first distribution to be released with 8.62 support, but also the first OpenTibia server that had LuaJIT support. LuaJIT is a Just-In-Time compiler for Lua. It comes with high performance (up to 130 times faster than Lua! source: Performance Comparison) and low memory footprint. The release thread can be found here: http://otland.net/f18/8-62-forgotten...spirit-111170/.

With that said, most of you are aware of that 8.7 is already available. We haven't missed it. The forthcoming version of 0.2 already has support for it, with a flexible mount system that already works 100%.

Until there is an official items.otb file for 8.7, we will be working on implementing other 8.7 changes, extended support for 0.3 compatibility, and other requested features. We hope to deliver the release before Christmas ;)!​

Exedion

Excellent OT User
Reaction score
expecting a lot of creature events and special features :)

Mark

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sounds geat, what about the revscriptsys? ;)
revscriptsys is still under development (and it is barely being actively developed), so we don't want to promise anyone something that might never be finished, ever. There is also a problem with it, you will have to remake all your scripts, and we try to avoid breaking backwards compatibility when possible. revscriptsys will only be interesting for those who like object oriented programming and haven't started scripting their server yet. It should have been done right in the first time, and it wasn't, so I'm more into developing the current system further. It's not like revscriptsys will boost the server performance that much (if it boosts performance at all...), it's mostly better structured with the "classes" for objects such as players.

Red

Cyntara Admin
Staff member
Global Moderator
Premium User
Reaction score
Very active in developing in the newest revisions of TFS. So I'm very much looking forward to 8.7 for all TFS versions & reporting all of the stuff I can.
I've seen/heard some stuff about 0.2.9 & your mount system and it sounds great! ;)

Red

Elexonic

Excellent OT User
Reaction score
Up: HAhah xDD
mindrage: lal :p

Waiting 0.3.6 or 0.2.9 =D

christiandb

Reaction score
Very good work Tala! Nice to see 0.2 being actively developed again, can't wait to see more 0.3 compatilbility.

christiandb

Reaction score
Is it so hard to read? "extended support for 0.3 compatibility" => easier to switch to 0.2 from 0.3

Status
Not open for further replies.