• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

0.2.8: The first 8.62 distribution, also with LuaJIT. 8.7 support on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From The Forgotten Server development blog:
The first 8.62 distribution was released two days ago, not only was it the first distribution to be released with 8.62 support, but also the first OpenTibia server that had LuaJIT support. LuaJIT is a Just-In-Time compiler for Lua. It comes with high performance (up to 130 times faster than Lua! source: Performance Comparison) and low memory footprint. The release thread can be found here: http://otland.net/f18/8-62-forgotten...spirit-111170/.

With that said, most of you are aware of that 8.7 is already available. We haven't missed it. The forthcoming version of 0.2 already has support for it, with a flexible mount system that already works 100%.

Until there is an official items.otb file for 8.7, we will be working on implementing other 8.7 changes, extended support for 0.3 compatibility, and other requested features. We hope to deliver the release before Christmas ;)!​

expecting a lot of creature events and special features :)

Sounds geat, what about the revscriptsys? ;)

revscriptsys is still under development (and it is barely being actively developed), so we don't want to promise anyone something that might never be finished, ever. There is also a problem with it, you will have to remake all your scripts, and we try to avoid breaking backwards compatibility when possible. revscriptsys will only be interesting for those who like object oriented programming and haven't started scripting their server yet. It should have been done right in the first time, and it wasn't, so I'm more into developing the current system further. It's not like revscriptsys will boost the server performance that much (if it boosts performance at all...), it's mostly better structured with the "classes" for objects such as players.

nice, hope 8.7 comes before christmas

Very active in developing in the newest revisions of TFS. So I'm very much looking forward to 8.7 for all TFS versions & reporting all of the stuff I can.
I've seen/heard some stuff about 0.2.9 & your mount system and it sounds great! ;)

Red

Up: HAhah xDD
mindrage: lal :p

Waiting 0.3.6 or 0.2.9 =D

Very good work Tala! Nice to see 0.2 being actively developed again, can't wait to see more 0.3 compatilbility.

Is it so hard to read? "extended support for 0.3 compatibility" => easier to switch to 0.2 from 0.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back