• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[12.4] Solteria - RPG server - discussion thread

kamilcioo

Veteran OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello, I would like to present new 12.30 server I'm currently developing.

Few videos of bosses:

screen1.png
screen2.png
screen3.png

Few notes:
  • all bosses will have ~20h cd
  • could be done by max 1/2/3/4/etc players
  • many tasks
  • many chests/hidden chests/books/etc on spawn to find
  • few mysteries so far (will be more)
  • world tasks, for example building the bride to the new area
  • custom dungeon system. For example in castle dungeon there is a random spawn of chests (few different ones with different rewards)
  • all bosses will have "useable drop". It means even low level ones will drop mounts/outfits.
  • custom bonus system (depending on amount of obtained mounts/outfits, for example extra 2mp regen for ms/ed every 4 mounts).
  • custom items (with mana/life leech, critical chance)

What do you guys think of ascalon's teleport system? I already made something similiar but I don't know if I should add it.
System - you unlock the teleport by standing on specific tile on the area. After unlocking you can teleport there from town and vice versa with cd.

I would like to invite you all for the discussion. Please share an idea if you have one.

Last edited:
You should explain what ascalon teleport system is and also that ship video is super cool lmao

You should explain what ascalon teleport system is and also that ship video is super cool lmao
Explained in the main post :)
About the ship I was thinking to add catapuls to left ship which would shoot fire stones to the middle. After the minute you would have to change ship to move on.

looks great! i love the different boss mechanics
ascalon's teleport system works great for such rpg servers I think

The boss I made today:
  • requirement will be 3-5 people
  • skeletons will spawn from dead skeleton bodies in interval of 10 seconds
  • players will be teleported to the prison in the center of the boss map and need to break the wall (with enough damage) to not get hit by 75% of max hp
  • one more mech without spoiling

Video with example (the are lower cooldowns on mechanics on video to show an example):

The lava dungeon creation is done:
- fully configurable (level / amount of ppl / amount of monsters per person / chance to summon mini boss / etc)
1590430811646.png

The teleport system from Ascalon was great in my opinion. You still have to explore the map and unlock way-points, so it's not like exploring is ruined. It just saves you so much time from walking back and forth. Awesome feature if executed properly and a nice quality of life.

Also the upgrade system from Ascalon was probably one of the best and most effective ones I've seen. Often times when a server has an upgrade system you always want to save it on a weapon worth using, but sooner or later that weapon gets beaten by a better weapon and all your upgrades go to waste. If you save it for the best weapon in the game then that means you don't use the upgrade system until the end of the game which is boring and stupid.

In Ascalon each upgrade had a noticeable effect. You were encouraged to explore every area, find all the chests, and complete all the quests to get as many upgrade gems as you could. You would put them on your equipment as soon as you got them and the best part is that when you sold your item, you would get all your upgrades that you put into it back, allowing you to transfer those upgrades onto your new set of equipment. If you plan to add an upgrade system, something similar to the concept of of Ascalon's upgrade system would be cool.

The teleport system from Ascalon was great in my opinion.
Thanks for the feedback. The teleport system is done. Currently, it's working like this:
  • you have to explore the map and find the waypoint's sqm
  • from town to spawn there is no cd
  • from spawn to town there is 30 minutes cd
Video with the system

About the upgrade system I remember what major disadvantage was. Nobody wanted to sell upgrades stones even with many people online. If you wanted to go hard on upgrading the best way was to make another character just to farm them.
Currently I'm thinking about the imbuing system with access-quests to obtain higher level of imbu. (Different items for imbuing than on real tibia)

The boat from rookgard:

Last edited:
Things added since Wednesday:
  • huge wyrm spawn with mountains and underground
  • hero castle
  • over 15 mini quests which can be found in chests/bag/statues
  • some tasks
  • few minibosses spawnable every 20 minutes in few places
  • rewrote rewards from tasks, now the money goes to the player's bank account
  • new tower labirynth for low levels easy cash

New boss: idk name [mushroom type]
Mechanic: Every 10 seconds different type of mushrooms appear on the floor (1 or more), player has 1.5 second to get rid of the mushroom under himself before it explodes. You can either eat it or throw it away.

If you have a fancy idea with boss mechanic or quest you can post it here :)

Made few new spots, few new quests, few new tasks, few new bosses. Rewrote the boss making system to create new bosses faster.
I have to work for sure on corners so it's not as square as it is
Current map, scripted area is cornered with black color
1591195688392.png

The rookgard:
1591196052569.png

There are pretty many hidden spots. For example you can click on draw well to go underground:
1591195981421.png

My custom railway system. You can use arrows to speed up the wagon,
1591196143835.png

Worked with map corners last days and finished few new spots:
  • one spawn with custom mobs
  • orcs with quest and task and boss
  • dragons with task
The map is almost 14 mb atm
1591441498275.png

There are 27 spawns right now with diablo teleport system:
1591441636658.png

Bump. Added few more spawns and rewrote the dungeon system. Checking if dungeon is free and removing players after specific time works now about 10 000 faster.

Well, I need some help with the city. I think the road in the city needs details that will make it look better.
1. How does it look?
2. What do you think I should add there (details)?
3. Should I add more types of trees?
4. Any other suggestions? Maybe I should change the street borders?

1593379238932.png

1593379266112.png
1593379627222.png

Back