• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

2 RAM in one?

Uki

New Mapper
Reaction score
Hello.
My computer sucks, I was wondering if you could put two 512 in one? Which make it 1gb.
Is that possible and HOW does it work?

Someone, explain :)

yeah just open the bottom of your computer in the right spot and there should be 2 bits to enter ram i have 1gb atm but getting 2gb so = 3gb

If you put two 512MB ram sticks into your computer, they will be used in combination with one another, thus giving you a total of 1024MB (1GB).

If you however mean if its possible to physically turn 2 ram sticks into 1, that is not possible unless you got a degree in computer electronics and have damn good soldering skills.

Can you try to exaplain a bit better?
Step by step you know :)

Edit: I mean 2 sticks..
Can I have three aswell? (512)

Sadly its not possible to give you an EXACT guide, since we do not know what computer brand you have nor how it looks on the inside.

But here is two guides which will hopefully help you:

A little bit about ram.

How to install ram.

EDIT: Its possible to have as many ram sticks in your computer, as your motherboard has slots for. If you have 4 slots you can have up to 4 RAM sticks. See the "A little bit about ram" link for info.

@up: Thanks.. But is it possible to put three aswell? :)

Yes it should technically be possible, even though most computers of today prefers using multiples of 2. Such as 2, 4, 6, 8 and so forth.

Yes it should technically be possible, even though most computers of today prefers using multiples of 2. Such as 2, 4, 6, 8 and so forth.
Yeah, I know.
How many sticks can I put in? :D

different computers have different slots so dont know and + your computer has limited of how much ram you can have so you might wanna check it out, my laptop can only take 4gb with 64 bit but it only sees 3.5gb and with 32bit i can only have 3

EDIT: why not just buy like 1 2,3,4gb?

To clear up what Lovin' said, how many physical ram sticks your computer can handle depends on the motherboard, some can only take 2, some can take 8 or more.

The best thing is to consult your computer manual or open the computer and have a look inside.

Also remember that in a 32-bit OS (Operating System) you can only have 3.5GB ram, no matter how many sticks you put in (You could put in 4 sticks of 2GB each, aka. 8GB, and it would still only recognize 3.5GB), to make your computer be able to access more you need a 64-bit OS.

Where can I see that? There's only some proccesor info and RAM. Nothing else :eek:

Maybe a little too late but I'll answer anyway.

What type of motherboard you have is what decides how many RAM you can use. Cheaper/older usually has less and the other way around.
If you know what a RAM looks like its not hard to put in a new one but changing a old one to a better might be a little harder. Just use common sense and don't try to use too much power to get it out. There is probably some small hatch that you have to use.

Remember to check what mhz your RAMs have. If one is slower all other will have the same speed which might make your computer slower instead.

Hope it helped :)

Back