• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

2013 Alienware Notebook Lineup (14", 17" and 18")

J.Dre

Unity Games
Solutions
Reaction score
I present the next generation of gaming notebooks designed by Alienware.

The 14" & 17" laptop's (second picture: left, and middle) are single GPU laptop's.
The 18" laptop (second picture: on the right) is a dual GPU laptop. It can have dual 780M's.
:w00t:

Video: 2013 Alienware Lineup

P9gsVcx.jpg

ONdb6nS.jpg

780mv680m.png

Last edited:
My friend has an Alienware and he's had problems with it every since it was delivered to his house.
Problems consist of faulty sound cards, improper start-up, and keyboard buttons falling off.

I don't know if that is my friend's fault or Alienware's fault;
but knowing that they (Alienware) are a subsidiary of Dell, you're entering a zone of being prone to hardware-related issues.

Don't let the flashy advertising fool you. Get proper reviews from actual users.

My friend has an Alienware and he's had problems with it every since it was delivered to his house.
Problems consist of faulty sound cards, improper start-up, and keyboard buttons falling off.

I don't know if that is my friend's fault or Alienware's fault;
but knowing that they (Alienware) are a subsidiary of Dell, you're entering a zone of being prone to hardware-related issues.

Don't let the flashy advertising fool you. Get proper reviews from actual users.

I got a m17x r3 last year, nothing but problems with it. Hell, I can't even play tibia on it... Any type of game I attempt to play, or move on I start getting fps freezes.

I've heard an alternative is ironside or suttin.. idk views on it though ;d
seems expensive.

Last edited:
This isn't an Alienware complaint thread, fellas. I'm just showing the new stuff, that's all.

Edit: I've got some complaints as well. Make another thread if you want, I'll be happy to complain and whine with you guys because that accomplishes so much. :D

Last edited:
This isn't an Alienware complaint thread, fellas. I'm just showing the new stuff, that's all.

Edit: I've got some complaints as well. Make another thread if you want, I'll be happy to complain and whine with you guys because that accomplishes so much. :D

Haha, np. Wasn't trying to make it a complaint, but yeah they do look nice. Although, I'm not much of a fan of that silver D:

Don't get me wrong, I think they look really cool.
I'm just putting it out there, don't judge a book by its cover.

@up i think you mean "terribley" judging by your context.

@jdre yh it seems cool we'll see how reliable they are :>

Don't get me wrong, I think they look really cool.
I'm just putting it out there, don't judge a book by its cover.

I just don't like the cover of that book.
(look at that time)"Today, 00:00"

It may not be a complaint thread but considering you posted a performance picture, I'm sure we can comment on the actual performance of Alienwares, which in my experience is not the best.
What really drives me away from these laptops is also the price, much like Apple, you're paying for the name and people fall into this ridiculous trap believing they're getting great deals and that they have top of the range technology because they spent a lot of money.

That said, they do look lovely.

I've actually owned the previous generation models of Alienware and had issues with them all around. Previously owned: M17x R4, M18x R2 (two of them) -- all had issues of some sort. However, I purchased the new Alienware 17 and haven't had a single issue thus far. It actually feels like a solidly built system, much more than the previous generation. I believe they stepped up their game this time around. ;)

--- UPDATED ---

Decided to take a few pictures:

2z9h20x.jpg

2ciitkx.jpg

As you can see, the screen is amazing - it's vibrant and it has a matte finish now; it's no longer glossy. The overall quality of the build has improved and the performance is outstanding.

Definitely worth it for the price you payed, but not at retail =p

Back