• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OpenTibia [7.4] Tibia CAM to OTBM converter

Cjaker

[0xDEADBEEF] EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
Solutions
Reaction score
[ How this works ]
- You can decrypt any 7.4 cam recording and convert him to otbm map.

[ Requirements ]
  • .otb 7.4 file
  • .dat 7.4 file
  • any recording 7.4
  • map editor (included in attached file, bin/Debug folder)

[ How to use ]
  • Compile and copy TibiaCAMDecryptor to some folder
  • Create 2 folders with names: bad_recordings and Recordings
  • Inside Recordings folder you put your 7.4 cam recording files
  • Move your items.otb and Tibia.dat to this folder.
  • Execute software and good lucky

[ I got some bad_recordings, what i can do now? ]
=> List of possibilities
  • Corrupted packet (missing bytes etc)
  • Corrupted structure
  • Invalid structure/packet for 7.4 version

[ Download ]

[ Observations ]
ps: I don't remember more how to use this software, that's the max i can help for now, if someone see something wrong with my little tutorial feel free to help replying this thread.
ps²: This code i made in 1 day. The organization is acceptable, but feel free to find any possible ways to optimize and improve the code.
Used otb reader method from ottools and some things from SharpMapTracker

Attachments

• TibiaCAMDecryptor.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 54 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
Nice... thanks pro @Cjaker , you dont use github? This feature is a great achievement for a github profile 😀 u have paypal? im searching this for a month

Very cool! Anyone know if it's possible to create some tool that can allow us to search for strings (eg. character names, or even words/phrases) in recordings? I am trying to find my old (and my friend's) old recordings from Astera in 7.4 - 7.6 client.
Any idea how to quickly search stuff like that?

Maybe be able to find recordings on a specific game world?
Find recordings created by a certain character?
Find recordings where a certain character appeared (battle list)?

- You can decrypt any 7.4 cam recording and convert him to otbm map.

Thanks you for sharing!

I’m curious, how does a tracker like this distinguish between items that spawn daily, say a small stone on the ground, vs an item that’s been thrown on the ground by a player?

Thanks you for sharing!

I’m curious, how does a tracker like this distinguish between items that spawn daily, say a small stone on the ground, vs an item that’s been thrown on the ground by a player?

It doesn't as far as I know.

But then the hunting grounds would be filled with random loot that people threw out, not to mention all the corpses?

Yep, that's the output from this converter. A total mess, but if you manually go through it you can maybe get some good results

Yep, that's the output from this converter. A total mess, but if you manually go through it you can maybe get some good results

Ah ok. I haven't actually used it, only the 7.4 map that was made with it and recently released. I guess that map was throughly cleaned then.

Very cool! Anyone know if it's possible to create some tool that can allow us to search for strings (eg. character names, or even words/phrases) in recordings? I am trying to find my old (and my friend's) old recordings from Astera in 7.4 - 7.6 client.
Any idea how to quickly search stuff like that?

Maybe be able to find recordings on a specific game world?
Find recordings created by a certain character?
Find recordings where a certain character appeared (battle list)?

Decrypt .rec files to raw packets and then just search for a string, like in text file.
You could also make it search for strings in packets with certain header.
There are python scripts that decrypt these files and may output strings as well gurka/OldSchoolTibia (https://github.com/gurka/OldSchoolTibia)

Ah ok. I haven't actually used it, only the 7.4 map that was made with it and recently released. I guess that map was throughly cleaned then.
I think he used a different converter, nobody had really good results with this one since it adds clutter like you said.
Post automatically merged:

Decrypt .rec files to raw packets and then just search for a string, like in text file.
You could also make it search for strings in packets with certain header.
There are python scripts that decrypt these files and may output strings as well gurka/OldSchoolTibia (https://github.com/gurka/OldSchoolTibia)
I guess I will give it a try, never worked with Python though, but I guess it's time to get familiar with it

Every tracker will either add trash or skip all loose items (therefore "daily" spawns too). It will also lack containers, signs' text, correct fluids/pools, tiles' flags, correct disguise objects etc. Tracked map alone is not usable really. You'd have to correct alot of things manually or merge it with the stolen cip map. Tibiantis map was made by merging stolen 7.7 map with tracked 7.4 one.
For those scripts you don't really need to know python, just run it to decrypt the files.

I think he used a different converter, nobody had really good results with this one since it adds clutter like you said.

Ok. I'm trying to figure out how to get accurate daily item spawns for 7.1. I can get the ones from the 7.7 files of course, but those will have some things that were added in later versions. I was hoping that the 7.4 map would have accurate item spawns and that that would be close enough, but a lot is missing.

Ok. I'm trying to figure out how to get accurate daily item spawns for 7.1. I can get the ones from the 7.7 files of course, but those will have some things that were added in later versions. I was hoping that the 7.4 map would have accurate item spawns and that that would be close enough, but a lot is missing.

Manual work and stolen map, there is no workaround.

Back