• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[8.60] Latest forgottenserver 1.3/1.4. Clean downport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you put all libraries in Visual Studio?
The compiling was a-ok, so there's no problem there. I'm just trying to add Stigma's code to the downgraded TFS 1.3 C++ but there's a problem matching it up due to removal of SKILL_SPECIAL.

Last edited:
The compiling was a-ok, so there's no problem there. I'm just trying to add Stigma's code to the downgraded TFS 1.3 C++ but there's a

In my opinion the best option is contact by PM with author of script. Another thing post problem in topic of @Stigma thread. :)

The compiling was a-ok, so there's no problem there. I'm just trying to add Stigma's code to the downgraded TFS 1.3 C++ but there's a problem matching it up due to removal of SKILL_SPECIAL.

Surprised the man himself would answer, looks promising. I'll fiddle around with it see if I can get it to work. Thanks!
Just remember not to add the changes from protocolgame.cpp
C++:
    for (uint8_t i = SPECIALSKILL_FIRST; i <= SPECIALSKILL_LAST; ++i) {
        msg.add<uint16_t>(0);
        msg.add<uint16_t>(std::min<int32_t>(100, player->varSpecialSkills[i]));
        msg.add<uint16_t>(0);
        msg.add<uint16_t>(0);
    }
These are for client 10.94+, adding this will cause a debug in 8.6.

Just remember not to add the changes from protocolgame.cpp
C++:
    for (uint8_t i = SPECIALSKILL_FIRST; i <= SPECIALSKILL_LAST; ++i) {
        msg.add<uint16_t>(0);
        msg.add<uint16_t>(std::min<int32_t>(100, player->varSpecialSkills[i]));
        msg.add<uint16_t>(0);
        msg.add<uint16_t>(0);
    }
These are for client 10.94+, adding this will cause a debug in 8.6.

Figured that out the hard way, can I just recompile without those changes?

Yes, just remove those lines and recompile.
That ... actually worked. I added in your code and it compiled with no errors, so this seems to work for 8.60. I'll report back if I find any bugs. Just to clarify, items have to be loaded through movements.xml before you can start fiddeling with their abilities, right?

That ... actually worked. I added in your code and it compiled with no errors, so this seems to work for 8.60. I'll report back if I find any bugs. Just to clarify, items have to be loaded through movements.xml before you can start fiddeling with their abilities, right?
Yes, they will not register any abilities if they're not registered in movements.xml.

Actually worked perfectly until it started crashing on loading the map, probably imported too many scripts too fast. I'll fiddle with it but it looks promising, thanks again!

Actually worked perfectly until it started crashing on loading the map, probably imported too many scripts too fast. I'll fiddle with it but it looks promising, thanks again!
That happens if you don't have a map being loaded at all, not because of my changes.
Check to see if your config.lua matches the map name in data/world

That happens if you don't have a map being loaded at all, not because of my changes.
Check to see if your config.lua matches the map name in data/world
Yeah, itactually ran perfectly; was able to make a functioning +fishing hat. Guess the server didn't feel so well when I crammed in all my older, custom scripts so I'll re-compile and add them slowly, testing as I go along.

Hello, everythink is fine. But cant change effect limit. I changed in protocol and conts from uint8 to 16 and still cant use this. Any idea?

Hello, everythink is fine. But cant change effect limit. I changed in protocol and conts from uint8 to 16 and still cant use this. Any idea?
u can open a topic in a support secion, not here not here spamming

To everyone using this downgrade, I moved the repository, old one is no longer maintained and will be abandoned and later deleted.
New one is in direct fork from otland repository on my github account, here is the link: nekiro/forgottenserver (https://github.com/nekiro/forgottenserver/tree/8.6-downgrade)

I made it like that to get easier updates when the main repository update, current downgrade should be even with master, so revscriptsys and other things from main repo will be there, enjoy!

hi @Nekiro I have a question, first of all gratz for this downgrade works perfectly, I need to know if monsters attacks that apply skills downgrade are working for this 8.60 version, thanks in advance

Edit: Skill reduction Tested and working, also I want to share this spells.xml that should work well with this distribution with fixed exhausteds and syntax

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back