[8.60] The Forgotten Server 1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okke

Voidcore 7.4
Reaction score
@Edroniasty, what is even the point of compiling OTS for windows? you can hit me up on OTLands Discord, I hang most of the time there and I usually help around.

Edroniasty

Reaction score
Friend the problem is my knowledge about linux so I want to stay on windows, maybee in the future I will host on linux.. I tried everything.. changing boostfrom 159 to 162+ using tfssdk 2-3.2 I hear ninja use mpir 2.7 I found only mpir 2.72 (maybee it is the same dunno know) but its look completly diffrent then mpir in tfssdk3
2.. I don't know from comes that errors now I will try to compile other sources so I can say the problem is in ninjas tfs. in tutorial on gighub (compiling on windows) I dont see linked libs to boost and tfssdk but Im sure I do it well..

sry for English ^.^

Edroniasty

Reaction score
@Edroniasty, what is even the point of compiling OTS for windows? you can hit me up on OTLands Discord, I hang most of the time there and I usually help around.
Update..

So I format my pc (windows 10) doing everything again now its look much better but I still get those errors:
Code:
1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: theforgottenserver, Configuration: Release x64 ------

1>  otpch.cpp

1>C:\Users\Damianos\Desktop\Kompilowanie\boost_1_59_0\boost/asio/detail/config.hpp(227): warning C4005: 'BOOST_ASIO_ERROR_CATEGORY_NOEXCEPT': macro redefinition

1>  C:\Users\Damianos\Desktop\Kompilowanie\boost_1_59_0\boost/asio/detail/config.hpp(213): note: see previous definition of 'BOOST_ASIO_ERROR_CATEGORY_NOEXCEPT'

1>  actions.cpp

1>  ban.cpp

1>  baseevents.cpp

1>  bed.cpp

1>  chat.cpp

1>  combat.cpp

1>  commands.cpp

1>  condition.cpp

1>  configmanager.cpp

1>  connection.cpp

1>  container.cpp

1>  creature.cpp

1>  creatureevent.cpp

1>  cylinder.cpp

1>  database.cpp

1>  databasemanager.cpp

1>  databasetasks.cpp

1>  depotchest.cpp

1>  depotlocker.cpp

1>  events.cpp

1>  fileloader.cpp

1>  game.cpp

1>  globalevent.cpp

1>  groups.cpp

1>  guild.cpp

1>  house.cpp

1>  housetile.cpp

1>  ioguild.cpp

1>  iologindata.cpp

1>  iomap.cpp

1>  iomapserialize.cpp

1>  item.cpp

1>  items.cpp

1>  luascript.cpp

1>  mailbox.cpp

1>  map.cpp

1>  monster.cpp

1>  monsters.cpp

1>  movement.cpp

1>  networkmessage.cpp

1>  npc.cpp

1>  otserv.cpp

1>  outfit.cpp

1>  outputmessage.cpp

1>  party.cpp

1>  player.cpp

1>  position.cpp

1>E:\msvc\VC\include\atomic(659): error C2338: You've instantiated std::atomic<T> with sizeof(T) equal to 2/4/8 and alignof(T) < sizeof(T). Before VS 2015 Update 2, this would have misbehaved at runtime. VS 2015 Update 2 was fixed to handle this correctly, but the fix inherently changes layout and breaks binary compatibility. Please define _ENABLE_ATOMIC_ALIGNMENT_FIX to acknowledge that you understand this, and that everything you're linking has been compiled with VS 2015 Update 2 (or later). (compiling source file ..\src\outputmessage.cpp)

1>  E:\msvc\VC\include\atomic(669): note: see reference to class template instantiation 'std::_Atomic_base<_Ty,4>' being compiled

1>          with

1>          [

1>              _Ty=boost::lockfree::detail::tagged_index

1>          ] (compiling source file ..\src\outputmessage.cpp)

1>  C:\Users\Damianos\Desktop\Kompilowanie\boost_1_59_0\boost/lockfree/detail/freelist.hpp(603): note: see reference to class template instantiation 'std::atomic<boost::lockfree::detail::tagged_index>' being compiled (compiling source file ..\src\outputmessage.cpp)

1>  C:\Users\Damianos\Desktop\Kompilowanie\boost_1_59_0\boost/lockfree/detail/freelist.hpp(604): note: see reference to class template instantiation 'boost::lockfree::detail::fixed_size_freelist<T,NodeStorage>' being compiled (compiling source file ..\src\outputmessage.cpp)

1>  protocol.cpp

1>  protocolgame.cpp

1>  protocollogin.cpp

1>  protocolold.cpp

1>  protocolstatus.cpp

1>  quests.cpp

1>  raids.cpp

1>  rsa.cpp

1>  scheduler.cpp

1>  scriptmanager.cpp

1>  server.cpp

1>  spawn.cpp

1>  spells.cpp

1>  talkaction.cpp

1>  tasks.cpp

1>  teleport.cpp

1>  thing.cpp

1>  tile.cpp

1>  tools.cpp

1>  trashholder.cpp

1>  vocation.cpp

1>  waitlist.cpp

1>  weapons.cpp

1>  wildcardtree.cpp

========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========
I used
-msvc 2015
boost 1.59 (ninja recomend this ver)
- tfssdk 3.2 (with mpir 2.7)
tfs 8.6 1.2+ by ninja

kudpa

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I'm just trying to get this server running for my own entertainment.

I've managed to compile it and connect it to a database, but when I try to login using a 8.6 client, a window comes up saying something like 'only 10.98 client allowed'. I'm really lost as to why this is happening, I'm fairly sure I downloaded the source code that's provided in the first post in this thread.

I tried both, logging in without an acc number and password, and also creating an account in xampp and login with that. Same result both times.

Any ideas as to what's happening are appreciated.

Allesn

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I'm just trying to get this server running for my own entertainment.

I've managed to compile it and connect it to a database, but when I try to login using a 8.6 client, a window comes up saying something like 'only 10.98 client allowed'. I'm really lost as to why this is happening, I'm fairly sure I downloaded the source code that's provided in the first post in this thread.

I tried both, logging in without an acc number and password, and also creating an account in xampp and login with that. Same result both times.

Any ideas as to what's happening are appreciated.
Select branch 8.6, you must be downloading the master.

OP
Ninja

Ninja

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Ninja when you will do a small final update for said tfs 1.2 8.6 @Ninja
As bitter as this may sound, but probably never.

I never intended to maintain this branch on a regular basis. The beauty with open-source software is that anyone can pick up where I left off. :)

Itutorial

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
@Ninja I noticed a problem with this distro. I am not sure if its just me or if you would be willing to test it but:

doTargetCombatHealth and doTargetCombatMana

both are not working.

Also, player:sendTextDialog crashes the client.

Last edited by a moderator:

tuduras

Reaction score
Update..

So I format my pc (windows 10) doing everything again now its look much better but I still get those errors:
Code:
1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: theforgottenserver, Configuration: Release x64 ------

1>  otpch.cpp

1>C:\Users\Damianos\Desktop\Kompilowanie\boost_1_59_0\boost/asio/detail/config.hpp(227): warning C4005: 'BOOST_ASIO_ERROR_CATEGORY_NOEXCEPT': macro redefinition

1>  C:\Users\Damianos\Desktop\Kompilowanie\boost_1_59_0\boost/asio/detail/config.hpp(213): note: see previous definition of 'BOOST_ASIO_ERROR_CATEGORY_NOEXCEPT'

1>  actions.cpp

1>  ban.cpp

1>  baseevents.cpp

1>  bed.cpp

1>  chat.cpp

1>  combat.cpp

1>  commands.cpp

1>  condition.cpp

1>  configmanager.cpp

1>  connection.cpp

1>  container.cpp

1>  creature.cpp

1>  creatureevent.cpp

1>  cylinder.cpp

1>  database.cpp

1>  databasemanager.cpp

1>  databasetasks.cpp

1>  depotchest.cpp

1>  depotlocker.cpp

1>  events.cpp

1>  fileloader.cpp

1>  game.cpp

1>  globalevent.cpp

1>  groups.cpp

1>  guild.cpp

1>  house.cpp

1>  housetile.cpp

1>  ioguild.cpp

1>  iologindata.cpp

1>  iomap.cpp

1>  iomapserialize.cpp

1>  item.cpp

1>  items.cpp

1>  luascript.cpp

1>  mailbox.cpp

1>  map.cpp

1>  monster.cpp

1>  monsters.cpp

1>  movement.cpp

1>  networkmessage.cpp

1>  npc.cpp

1>  otserv.cpp

1>  outfit.cpp

1>  outputmessage.cpp

1>  party.cpp

1>  player.cpp

1>  position.cpp

1>E:\msvc\VC\include\atomic(659): error C2338: You've instantiated std::atomic<T> with sizeof(T) equal to 2/4/8 and alignof(T) < sizeof(T). Before VS 2015 Update 2, this would have misbehaved at runtime. VS 2015 Update 2 was fixed to handle this correctly, but the fix inherently changes layout and breaks binary compatibility. Please define _ENABLE_ATOMIC_ALIGNMENT_FIX to acknowledge that you understand this, and that everything you're linking has been compiled with VS 2015 Update 2 (or later). (compiling source file ..\src\outputmessage.cpp)

1>  E:\msvc\VC\include\atomic(669): note: see reference to class template instantiation 'std::_Atomic_base<_Ty,4>' being compiled

1>          with

1>          [

1>              _Ty=boost::lockfree::detail::tagged_index

1>          ] (compiling source file ..\src\outputmessage.cpp)

1>  C:\Users\Damianos\Desktop\Kompilowanie\boost_1_59_0\boost/lockfree/detail/freelist.hpp(603): note: see reference to class template instantiation 'std::atomic<boost::lockfree::detail::tagged_index>' being compiled (compiling source file ..\src\outputmessage.cpp)

1>  C:\Users\Damianos\Desktop\Kompilowanie\boost_1_59_0\boost/lockfree/detail/freelist.hpp(604): note: see reference to class template instantiation 'boost::lockfree::detail::fixed_size_freelist<T,NodeStorage>' being compiled (compiling source file ..\src\outputmessage.cpp)

1>  protocol.cpp

1>  protocolgame.cpp

1>  protocollogin.cpp

1>  protocolold.cpp

1>  protocolstatus.cpp

1>  quests.cpp

1>  raids.cpp

1>  rsa.cpp

1>  scheduler.cpp

1>  scriptmanager.cpp

1>  server.cpp

1>  spawn.cpp

1>  spells.cpp

1>  talkaction.cpp

1>  tasks.cpp

1>  teleport.cpp

1>  thing.cpp

1>  tile.cpp

1>  tools.cpp

1>  trashholder.cpp

1>  vocation.cpp

1>  waitlist.cpp

1>  weapons.cpp

1>  wildcardtree.cpp

========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========
I used
-msvc 2015
boost 1.59 (ninja recomend this ver)
- tfssdk 3.2 (with mpir 2.7)
tfs 8.6 1.2+ by ninja

You have to try compile with MSVC 2017. Don't forget, today's upgrading is nessesary to right better work.

Ryan6554

Reaction score
This is gonna sound noobish but im new to this whole ot thing can someone help me on loading it up?
Thanks

tuduras

Reaction score
This is gonna sound noobish but im new to this whole ot thing can someone help me on loading it up?
Thanks

1))) You have in post: Source Code: https://github.com/ninjalulz/forgottenserver/archive/8.6.zip
There is hide luncher.

a>You need to download 1*step: Visual2017, TFS_SDK 3.2, {{{{BoostLibrary Boost (32-bit download, 64-bit download)}}}}
b> Use next: https://otland.net/threads/compiling-how-to-compile-tfs-in-msvc-under-windows-64-bit.184022/ or
Compiling TFS 1.0/1.1 latest source. 64 and 32 bits. Pics and lots of explanation.
and if some error (Visual2015,2016,2017) Compilation on windows 7 with Visual Studio 2015
c>another compiler (creator execute runner tfs*.exe): https://otland.net/threads/compiling-windows-how-to-set-up-a-compiler-noob-friendly-tutorial.193878/
********************all above -->
Result paste in main folder \forgotten860\ ===>>> creating full data pack

Try now upload schema.sql from main folder (it contain tables, titles to site \www): https://image.ibb.co/jWOaA7/Otland.png

Try change config.lua <on lines: 54,55,56> https://image.ibb.co/jLXAA7/otland2.png

Two ways to upload nessessary file to run server,
through XAMPP or UniformServer, both request available \otland\

XAMPP instruction --->
XAMPP: :download: : Download XAMPP
#######WARNING#######
Konfiguracja MySQL (3 screen)
XAMPP: Instalacja i konfiguracja serwera Apache wraz z PHP i MYSQL | ArtZiom
***another software:

If you are using XAMPP
1. start xamp , check Apache,Mysql
2.Run server

Last edited by a moderator:

PRLOts

Reaction score
Guys dont waste time on this engine, I was hosting server for 30 minutes after people find way how to crash it from the level of game... Enjoy this thread

Mister Budex

BudexOT.com
Reaction score
Guys dont waste time on this engine, I was hosting server for 30 minutes after people find way how to crash it from the level of game... Enjoy this thread
Thats your problem lol, you should test server and of course install gdb so you can see crash log and fix these issuse, after that report it to people on github so they will fix it :p

Felipe93

Ghost Member
Reaction score
does anyone here have the codes to update this tfs to 8.7 please help

Status
Not open for further replies.