• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Add a OTserver development forum

Tufte

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm asking what you think of a forum where each OTserver that is currently under development can be discussed.
I understand that you cannot make a subforum for each server that wants to have their server development on this forum (altho this is the ultimate solution), however, what about a own forumpart where we can create a thread for our server?

By having this, we can get better feedback from the players and the players has a excellent way of saying their opinion.
The forum is not ment as a advertisment forum.

I'm currently in a hurry, so if I did forget something, please excuse me and tell me what you did not understand or want me to explain better.

Cheers.

I'm talking about a forum where server developers (I am not talking about the usual source compilers; like the TFS creators and so on) can make a thread (or ultimately a subforum, however it requires alot of work for the mods) to keep the players updated, discuss and alike. Kind of like a blog, only in a forumthread for your server.

TFS? the forgotten server <-- forgotten :'(

Located here...

Hosted project boards?

Please read the post PROPERLY before commenting.

He was not asking for TFS development, rather server development.

He also included the best solution was that EACH server would get their own hosted project board BUT that it would not be possible, so you should instead make a new forum for servers to post their own THREAD where players on their server or simply members in this forum will post complaints/suggestions.

Example of a rule would be that thread must say just like in advertisements:
[Sweden] Name of server (8.4)

or shiiiz

I guess it can be a subforum in this forum: Development

But I'm not sure if this will be used for atleast 7 servers, otherwise you just could post it in the normal development board.

I guess it can be a subforum in this forum: Development

But I'm not sure if this will be used for atleast 7 servers, otherwise you just could post it in the normal development board.
A subforum of the Development forum would be perfect.

My guess is that once the forum is launched and developers see how valuable this forum will be, I think the forum will be well used.

I hope it's worth considering. Having a own thread to announce information and updates of your server which is currently under development can be a great way to reach the players and let the players reach you.
This will, as already mentioned, let players be able to give feedback and suggestions right here on this forum.

Obviously the server threads in this development forums will be locked/deleted once the server goes live.

And thanks to Colandus, his post may help you understand my suggestion. :)

I still think that the best solution is to donate and request a hosted board. Else the forums will get spammed with noob ot development forums.

Back