• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

CreatureEvent Advanced OnAdvance: The Best OnAdvance

Jesus this post is old, who woke this up? haha
Post automatically merged:

Well, I'm grateful that is is still interesting after all these years : D

Never heard of this before, aren't nowadays' computers and internet more efficient?
Its the database that causes the freeze generally not the computer or internet. (assuming they have the specs you are talking about) SQL databases at least

This will definitely lag your server because of the database saving. These are the situations that will cause serious lag or freezing.

1) Multiple players level up at once. (including skill levels)
2) Too many level ups happen at once (even on just 1 player) I think most the time its 500+ (including skill levels)
3) If multiple players level up while on each others screens. The magic effects can cause client bugs. (Shouldn't cause debug)

As long as you are a lower rate server you are fine. If you plan on having "event monsters" be wary.
I know I'm replying to it again but adding storage that would serve as a cooldown for autosave would do the trick (eg. max 1 autosave per 5 minutes)
set storage -> os.time() + 5 * 60
Code:
if player:getStorageValue(xxxx) < os.time() then
--save
end

Back