• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Advertising Thread Rateing 0/10

S

Shadow_

Hello,
something came to my mind it would be useful and fair for all the server on advertising board, it just needs 1-2 staff members to read the thread only or thread & get in the game depends how you want to be doing that, this will give active servers good placement on the page and also pretty advanced servers.

There's way too much manual labour involved from staff. Also, such a system would be pretty biased.

There's way too much manual labour involved from staff. Also, such a system would be pretty biased.
idk how it is for you, put if it listed with those(points and latest post), like arranging players in (highscores awaken and level)

Another idea sparked in my mind, it can be like, any member can give his vote out of 10, and votes are calculated to the average of all, also you can limit it by points which is useless i think or limit it by messages count, this won't have extra load for the staff members, i think it would be better if listed in this way, anybody argues or thinks the same?

-- also many new members will sign-up if something like vote for points added on the server sites so their players and otland members at the same time can be awarded, many tibia players till today knows nothing about otland, i know much personally

Another idea sparked in my mind, it can be like, any member can give his vote out of 10, and votes are calculated to the average of all, also you can limit it by points which is useless i think or limit it by messages count, this won't have extra load for the staff members, i think it would be better if listed in this way, anybody argues or thinks the same?
A staff member has absolutely no reason to go and rate anyone's server, they're people with real lives who moderate a community out of their own interest in their own free time.

-- also many new members will sign-up if something like vote for points added on the server sites so their players and otland members at the same time can be awarded, many tibia players till today knows nothing about otland, i know much personally
Not sure if I understand that correctly, but that system sounds easily abusable by server owners.
A player doesn't need to know OTLand exists, if his only interest is playing a game which he might not even know is based on Tibia, if he really enjoys playing a server he is very likely not to seek another.

OTLand serves mainly as a platform for discussion, showoff and help regarding server development, the advertisement board is only but a small part - server lists is where people look for new servers to play, hence why many big servers don't have the need to advertise on this board.

A staff member has absolutely no reason to go and rate anyone's server, they're people with real lives who moderate a community out of their own interest in their own free time.

Not sure if I understand that correctly, but that system sounds easily abusable by server owners.
A player doesn't need to know OTLand exists, if his only interest is playing a game which he might not even know is based on Tibia, if he really enjoys playing a server he is very likely not to seek another.

OTLand serves mainly as a platform for discussion, showoff and help regarding server development, the advertisement board is only but a small part - server lists is where people look for new servers to play, hence why many big servers don't have the need to advertise on this board.
Ok you got me at the first part xd, but about OTLand, i think it is open community which success depends on its activity which might increase at the point of receiving reward as otland member with XX points, i don't think it can be abused if it is 50 points okay np to abuse it at this point, because it is not easy to achieve 50 points if it is your target, so np for me for a player who had hard time doing 50 point for points in my ot even if he made 10 accounts, i think he still deserve it like a member of 50 point

Back