• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Aenearth Client

Would you download our custom client?

• Yes. The reason is on my post.

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Maybe, I'll decide when it launchs.

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • No. The reason is on my post.

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

Godely

Reaction score
Welcome, Open Tibia players, to another Aenearth poll to see your opinion/feedback about our project.

Don't you know what's Aenearth? Take a look at here and here.

Today's question is: if you were going to play on Aenearth, would you be willing to download our client? I mean, the use of Tibia Client would be forbidden - or another idea is that you could still use it, but you'd see everything a little bit awkward, if you know what I mean.

What's the problem in download another client?
* By downloading another client, you could suspect - even if we swear it's clean - of a Trojan or any other virus that could affect your computer. Also, your internet may be slow, and you could think that it's not worth to download a 20 MB client if you don't even know if you are going to play or not.

And what are the advantages in downloading another client?
* Well, this is kinda easy to answer. By downloading another client, you could enjoy the features in-game a lot more. There'd be own systems - like riding on a horse (I know it's a cliche, but still it's a good idea), using unique boats or surfboard to go on the water and even using our train system (
tremt.png
) to go through Europe.

Yes, we know that there's a lot of Open Tibia requiring you to download a custom client and then hacking you, but there's always a free online scan to that.

And now, what's your opinion, would you download a custom client?

PS.: The sprite was made by Look of Hell, a brazilian spriter that is on our staff. The shading wasn't made by him but by me, and I know, it sucks :D

Last edited:
Answering to my own topic, I would, because I know how great this project is being developed : - )

I would. It fits perfectly for a server like this one, where the use of custom sprites is really needed. You will need a lot of customized and non-tibia things to make it look real, such as trains, that you mentioned, as an example. I don't understand why would you NOT download a custom client. You can download it in 5 minutes, it already has changed ip and, why would it have a virus, after all the hard work you have put in it? Of course I understand that many players don't like to waste time downloading it, so I really think you should made it playable without the custom client, or maybe only the first part of the server, so new players can taste it for a bit without needing to download a custom client; and if they still want to play, then downloading won't be a problem.
Anyways, good luck with it.

I vote yes :) since they would need it to see the shit anyway unless use sprite and just sent the file umm but still id download...

and if u got half a brain then its not hard to find u dumb shit

But yes i vote yes

Correction, the use of a modified tibia client is not forbidden.
The creation and distribution of one however, is illegal, because you are modifying and distributing something which does not belong to you.
Thus CIPSOFT GmBh can sue you for quite alot of money for copyright infringement, if they wish to do so.

As for if people would or would not use it, it depends on your popularity.

If the server is an unknown project that is not publicly known and approved of, people might think twice before downloading a modified client, since they do not know what will happen once they run tibia.exe. It's fairly easy to create a virus .exe that has the same icon and size as the original tibia.exe.

However if your project is well known and liked by A LOT of players, then they will trust you and download the client if asked to.

I vote maybe. It is not because I dont trust you, its because I dont know how your OT would look like.

You'll need to write something interesting, like reasons why should we play on your OT?

Back