• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Alternatives to Paypal?

Coincidence this post was bumped today. Recently paypal limited my account for no reason and I was asked for dozens of intrusive documents like my credit card bill, proof of residence etc.

This community would do much better without Paypal. But unfortunately, we are forced to use these monopolies shit. Just look at the big servers, they all use paypal. Are there alternatives? Yes, but nobody uses them.

So what can we do other than just sit back and wait for Bitcoin adoption? Is there any solution to this or are we fucked in the hands of this monopoly?

Coincidence this post was bumped today. Recently paypal limited my account for no reason and I was asked for dozens of intrusive documents like my credit card bill, proof of residence etc.

This community would do much better without Paypal. But unfortunately, we are forced to use these monopolies shit. Just look at the big servers, they all use paypal. Are there alternatives? Yes, but nobody uses them.

So what can we do other than just sit back and wait for Bitcoin adoption? Is there any solution to this or are we fucked in the hands of this monopoly?

Ooh sending proof that it's you owning your account to the system you use to make money is so shady!!!!!! No. Only illegal companies WOULDN'T ask you for this. Probably you don't even want to share that info because u are supposed to pay taxes on this income too :)

Running an ots is same as running as bisness, popular ots make L I T E R A L L Y tens of thousands every month.

I do not get this crying about paypal. OBVIOUSLY you have to send proof it's really you owning that account. ITs not even paypal that requires, its probably REQUIREMENT of laws from your own country that PAYPAL has to follow

And this crying about chargebacks. LOL.

Do you really think it's OK for a bissness to never offer their customers money back?
If they are displeased with you how you running things, let them have their money back and ban their characters. Nothing more complicated than that.

Ooh sending proof that it's you owning your account to the system you use to make money is so shady!!!!!! No. Only illegal companies WOULDN'T ask you for this. Probably you don't even want to share that info because u are supposed to pay taxes on this income too :)

Running an ots is same as running as bisness, popular ots make L I T E R A L L Y tens of thousands every month.

I do not get this crying about paypal. OBVIOUSLY you have to send proof it's really you owning that account. ITs not even paypal that requires, its probably REQUIREMENT of laws from your own country that PAYPAL has to follow

And this crying about chargebacks. LOL.

Do you really think it's OK for a bissness to never offer their customers money back?
If they are displeased with you how you running things, let them have their money back and ban their characters. Nothing more complicated than that.

Hello. I don't use Paypal "to make money" LOL paypal is just an intermediary between me and the customer. And a totally abusive intermediary with absurd fees and demands. I don't give a shit about Paypal, my problem is I just want to avoid this for now as Bitcoin adoption grows. This monopoly tends to fall over time with the popularization of Bitcoin. Read the white paper written by Satoshi Nakmoto, right in the first paragraph he describes how centralized payment entities is a huge problem. He can realize it in 2009 and apparently you don't realize it in 2022.

Less than 1% of my sales are converted to disputes, yet it's still enough to get me stressed with scammers. Account banning simply doesn't help if the player can transfer items.

Anyway, your lack of empathy with this situation just evidences that you probably never had a successful server so you never had to deal with this kind of situation. ;)

Anyway, your lack of empathy with this situation just evidences that you probably never had a successful server so you never had to deal with this kind of situation. ;)
The cap for PayPal asking for your credentials is like 2k euro, wow ur server is making you super rich!

Back