• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Ammunition Damage

Dip Set

Veteran OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
I’ve been having this problem for about a year now… On my server, weapons scale almost according to a “tier” system.
For example:
Plate set barbarian axe
Knight set dwarven axe
Crown set fire axe

These are essentially “Tiers” of equipment. I love this concept, and I want to continue it for level 100 (Rare set) -> level 150 (Some set) etc etc. The problem here is, paladins have always been kinda screwed sticking with basically bow until level 20, then crossbow until level 500. Another problem is paladins specifically have another problem, they can buy and make ammo. No one wants to mana sit on a paladin to create 5 backpacks of power bolts to go on a 1 hour hunt. Also, keep in mind that mages have HMMs, GFBS, SDs, etc etc. The purpose of this is simple:
lower damage x increased charges/area = more efficient damage/GP (HMM,GFB) (arrow…. Bolt)
Higher damage x decreased charges/area = less efficient damage/GP (SD) (power bolt)

The original intention of power bolts were to be higher damage for war/demon hunting, not for constant hunting, that’s just an OT thing/tibia 7.6+ thing.

At the moment, I think a good option would be to reduce attack damage on bolts/arrows very low (1-10 attack), and instead, put the attack on the crossbows/bows players can obtain. Essentially, the mana cost would be pretty similar between bolt/power bolt/higher tier bolts, the attack would be very close +1 for each tier, and instead, the 30+ attack would be transferred to the crossbow/bow.

This would allow paladins to scale weapons the same as other vocations, and allow them to reap the benefits of quests/boss hunts.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

There is a simple solution, that requires quite a bit of work for this now.

onHealthChange, onUseWeapon, with item custom attributes, if we are talking about 1.3, it has revscripts, so you can use all three of those things together in one file for a "mod" that could accomplish the goal you are seeking to obtain.

The trouble is, you will have to think of every weapon, and every ammo that you want to apply this system to, and find all the relevant information for each of those that you want to manipulate, so it could be quite a bit of work on building the sytem, but it is %100 doable.

If you would like, you can find "double shot" spell in my signature, it has a small example of making sure the player has a distance weapon and appropriate ammo in the right locations, that might give you an idea how to get started, but you will want to use onHealthChange for sure, as well as most likely, for ease of programming, the custom item attributes (for different tiered distance weapons).

Revscripts pwn for things like this

I see, so essentially ammo would not change flat damage but would “unlock” spell damage. Interesting

No, you can have it alter the damage that comes from the melee attack, in the onhealthchange event, the origin parameter , you can determine if it is ORIGIN_MELEE, or ORIGIN_RANGED. I didn't say it would have to be spell damage, I was just saying, you could use some code from my spell for determining the ammo and distance weapons... the main thing is onhealthchange event, many ways to go about it, but that event is what will alter the damage

Back