• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Annoying Computer Problem

Karchii Oawaa

Oldschool Player
Reaction score
Aight, so before I thought I had a problem with Tibia.. because any time I put Tibia on, my CPU usage rapidly goes to 100%.

Now, I have noticed.. any time I play a video from windows media player, or YouTube, or any type of video requiring flash.. my CPU usage goes to 100%.
If I pause the video, my CPU usage varies from 7-25%. If I leave the video on, my computer just shuts down. I have no idea what the problem is, only started happening maybe.. 1-2 months ago.

Anyways, here are my computer specs below.

aO8p9zp.png

Hi Karchii

There are many possibilities when it comes to high CPU usage. First, I would check the task manager (under processes) and see if you are correct about what is causing the issue.

Do you have an anti-virus program? And did you scan your PC? Also, have you downloaded any third-party software for Tibia around the time you noticed this started? I'm going to assume it's a virus or something to that extent causing abnormal CPU usage. It could also be bad device drivers for your CPU.

You should also try downloading AMD's dual core optimizer: Technical Download Details. I'd also download CCleaner, just to be safe.

Umm, thanks a lot for replying in detail, appreciate it.

I used the CCleaner program to clean my computer, think it cleaned roughly 20,000 MB worth of things.

My computer also feels much more smoother.. and this irritating sound doesn't occur anymore, thank you again. Repped+

Oh hai! I just stumbled here! Greetings from me to you! ^_^

This is actually pretty common, especially with computers that are more than 3-4 years old and/or are laptops. It has a lot to do with how the Tibia client was created, I would suggest first checking to make sure your FPS isn't too terribly high and then second... well... you're kind of out of luck if your FPS isn't too high. For the most part it is what you see is what you get when it comes to the CPU usage by Tibia. The truth is: It always has been. Thankfully newer computers are so :peace:*fast*:peace: that the majority of people won't even see a problem unless they raise their FPS over 200. ;)

Yes, it shouldn't be this way; far more resource/graphics intensive games are less CPU hungry than Tibia is. Personally I think it is just because CIP is one of those companies that put a band-aid on a problem instead of actually fixing it. Then again, in all reality, their problems may require a complete re-write for optimization (which isn't going to happen) and they can just play it off as "Your computer isn't up to date enough for our 2D awesomeness." :w00t::p

PS: I know you got your answer, just felt like sharing anyways. My old laptop was the same way; even after I did a fresh install I noticed Tibia was still a CPU hog. Oinky oink. :D

Back