• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Storywriter Anyone need one?

Yarael

Reaction score
I was in several translators projects.
Imagination is my best weapon.
So if you dare to have a good storywriter.
You got me.
^_^

storywriter?

Aka quest ideas etc? If that so, i need one.

I mean creating a storyline, quests, whole fable based on RPG systems.

Maybe u need some examples? Here you go then...

Frozen Knight

In the night contaminated with spears of pale moon
do not wait, undeads are rushing horses
in helmets of light, in armor of obsidian,
with the wind of death, dispelling coats of conflagration
weapons in their defense managed to forget,
Or an old rust-drenched their sheaths were.

Do not cry, I'm alive.
On traces of the old years, I mange to move,
along paths of evil, in the light of shade,
never seeking, in faith always infamous.
I read the thoughts of golden sparks, rushing
from the deeps unearthly, just
to forget who I am.

Cold heart, boils in memories,
I play for the grace, the glory, for life.
And so I wait in this body, although the heat of pouring rain,
thunders of silence, are striking my ears.
What am I? Forgotten knight
of resurrected body, buried in the noise of ice.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Yarael, I could be in use of your services. I think that the RPG value in alot of servers is completely lost, and people only worry about their level and who is on the high scores.

On the server I am making, I have great ideas, but not so much the ability to write out stories like you can in your example.

Here is one quest that I am working on making in my server.

The whole idea revovles around a knight, a woman with whom he was in love with, and a jealous wizard. The quest starts out with an NPC telling you a legend about a monstrous tree deep in a dark forest, that lashes out, and attacks all the people who come by it. The next part of the quest involves you going into that forest, and finding a tree monster named Trent. When you kill Trent, you loot two things, a key, and a piece of paper telling a story about how he was going through a walk through the forest with a lovely lady, when he was attacked by a mighty wizard who wanted to make the girl his own. The knight and the wizard fought, but the wizard came out on top, and trapped the mans soul into the tree.

The note also tells you about the whereabouts of this wizards keep, which is actually at the edge of the forest. This is where looting the key makes sense, as it allows you to open the gate to the wizards keep. When you enter the keep, if you first go into the dungeon, you will find the woman with whom the wizard kidnapped, and she will ask you to kill the wizard, and set her free.

Pretty standard type of quest, but what I would ask of you is to give it more flare, make the npc dialogs more interesting, the whole story have life, and more detailed.

Please post back if you are interested in helping making this story/quest, and whatever type of payment you would be interested in.

I like the idea, but i would make some changes here....

Why do that knight got a note? He couldn't write it while he was transformed into a tree. Don't you think?
I would start with a one way map - character going still forward, ofc he can go back, but in every RPG u need to do something to open another task. I would bassically remove all npcs.
The player must find his way on that journey.

Back to topic.

Old note (With text like: "Big tree standing on lonely mounain, two trolls, crushed bridge, 50 steps east, 20 steps north" lies near to womans skeleton. => That book contains clues to some place (place with true book - the whole story about love etc. IN EYES OF THAT WOMAN) etc.
Personally im fan of riddles and such.

If you are still interested, post back.

P.S
What Type of payment are we talking about?

I don't like the idea of a one way map, as this isn't a single player game, it's an online mmo, and one of the best aspects of tibia is that it is an open world, meaning you explore the world as a hole.

I do agree that it makes no sense that they tree would drop a note (he'd have the key because he had it before turning into a tree).. I originally wanted to make it so when you killed the tree, he would come back as a ghost in human form.. I just can't think of how to do that, that his ghost would disappear after a minute or so of being there. I guess instead of having him drop a note, I could have a book in town talking about the location of the wizards keep, or an npc talking about it.

And I enjoy riddles as well, this isn't the only story I need written, but it is an example of things I am working on.

As far as payment, I don't know what you'd want, so if you could post back up, or PM me, we can talk.

Hello, are you still looking to story write for a serious RPG server? If so I got a job(s) for you. Pm me for more information.

I could be needing you for my server.. You can contact me via msn or here in otland.. To get my msn simply send me a private message..

Zanera.vapus.net is the server im currently working on. =)

Back