• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Are people still playing Open-Tibia client version 8.54 ?

mayel

Reaction score
Hey all!

I have a server dating back to 2009 when I was hosting an ot with client 8.54.
The server had around 1100 accounts and it was quite some fun managing a server, I do enjoy creative tasks.
Recently, I became interested in re-hosting this legacy server and has been working on several bug fixes and improvements to make it even better for a release. I have now gone live with the server, but in two days no one has joined it, and I am wondering if maybe I am too late? Maybe Open-Tibia, or perhaps legacy servers, aren't interesting anymore?
Please share your thoughts on this subject! :)

Best regards,
Mayel

8.6 if you want at least a few easy players (they like this version because of elfbot)

see this:

Last edited by a moderator:
agree with evil puncker, you would want 8.6 if you're interested at all in a semi decent playerbase. Go a step futher and host elfbot+crack+clean tibia 8.6 client on your website for their convenience.

These servers are typically war servers and don't last much longer than a couple of months and reset often.

Upgrade your server to 8.6 and give it a go.

agree with evil puncker, you would want 8.6 if you're interested at all in a semi decent playerbase. Go a step futher and host elfbot+crack+clean tibia 8.6 client on your website for their convenience.

These servers are typically war servers and don't last much longer than a couple of months and reset often.

Upgrade your server to 8.6 and give it a go.
Hmm... I guess. :/
But does that mean I have to do redo everything? Or can you somehow switch? How would you go about doing that?

//Mayel

But does that mean I have to do redo everything? Or can you somehow switch? How would you go about doing that?

//Mayel
Is there a newer release of the distro you're using? It could be as simple as dragging and dropping your datapack in.. otherwise I would start with this 8.6 distro then import the map and stuff. You should read the thread for bugs. It's pretty close to "download and run" but still needs some patching up before your server would be ready. There's a few other 8.6 distros available so you should check those out too.
The amount of stuff you have to redo would depend on how incompatible your current datapack is with TFS 1.3 (or any other distro you might choose). I'm not too great in the upgrading/converting area, but there's tons of resources here and the support board is always open.

good luck!

//Mayel
I agree with what @Silba said, start with a clean distro, and start adding things one by one and testing, for example: add actions and test, add movements and test, add npcs and test... don't just replace everything, add each thing carefully

No
leave it
Go for 8.60 or 10.98 :D

I like more 10.98 bcus 10.98 has way more to offer than boring elfbot :D

Back