• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Asking for help on Otland

Joriku

Working in the mines, need something?
Solutions
Reaction score
YouTube
Joriku
Asking for help on Otland is like asking for money on the street to random people, they look strange on you and ask W T F are you doing?
It's like "You don't have any money" or "Havn't you worked for it yourself?" (Trigger line)
Exept that it's in scripting
"Can't you solve this simple task?" - No why TF would I ask for help if I cannot solve it myself due to lack of knowledge? I came to learn woman!
Why would it be this way just becouse you have lack of skills on something which someone else don't have?

Or is it that everyone here is just trying to give the most simple things out so they can be seen without putting alot of effort into help Otland remain as a great community?
No offence to you that's doing whatever you can to help others, just that in my pms there have been a bit off on this and now iam just tired of it all.

Last edited:
Alot of users provide good support/help, but sometimes the same people asks about the same stuff over and over again.
Just create a thread if you need help, but you need to have patience, sometimes it can take a while to get the requested help.

What are you talking about, any examples maybe?

A huge part of this community is server development. When people come in here expecting people like myself to do all the work for them and refuse to learn a single bit for themselves quite frankly pisses me off. Tired of seeing the same people swarming support board creating 10~ threads a week expecting people to solve all of their problems and just copy/pastes code from everywhere. What especially gets me is when people get such simple Lua errors, it literally tells them in plain english what is wrong, and it's like they pretend it's heiroglypics and impossible to figure out without the help of some giga brain professional programmer instead of taking 2 seconds to google the error. I'm not expecting every single person on here to become some godsend programmer able to build their entire server by themselves, but it doesn't take much to learn basics, especially enough to even solve such simple errors such as nil value errors.

You're one of the most recent people that I've seen at least TRY to give back to the community, that's the way it should work, a mutually symbiotic relationship where we can all help each other. But, 99% of the community just comes in here to take take take to start up their servers and ask for donations after getting people in support board to basically make their server for them, which is my problem. Once I start seeing someone over a course of months keep asking such simple questions and still can't solve a simple error I've solved for them previously, I just stop responding to their threads and give up because they're obviously here to make people like myself create everything in their server.

I may come off as harsh, but that's what happens when I'm in the support board solving people's problems for 3~ years and getting users exactly like I've described over and over again, and they do not stop.

TL;DR Basically what @HalfAway said, people ask the same shit over and over again and full on expect people to solve every single problem for them, and it gets extremely frustrating.

A huge part of this community is server development. When people come in here expecting people like myself to do all the work for them and refuse to learn a single bit for themselves quite frankly pisses me off. Tired of seeing the same people swarming support board creating 10~ threads a week expecting people to solve all of their problems and just copy/pastes code from everywhere. What especially gets me is when people get such simple Lua errors, it literally tells them in plain english what is wrong, and it's like they pretend it's heiroglypics and impossible to figure out without the help of some giga brain professional programmer instead of taking 2 seconds to google the error. I'm not expecting every single person on here to become some godsend programmer able to build their entire server by themselves, but it doesn't take much to learn basics, especially enough to even solve such simple errors such as nil value errors.

You're one of the most recent people that I've seen at least TRY to give back to the community, that's the way it should work, a mutually symbiotic relationship where we can all help each other. But, 99% of the community just comes in here to take take take to start up their servers and ask for donations after getting people in support board to basically make their server for them, which is my problem. Once I start seeing someone over a course of months keep asking such simple questions and still can't solve a simple error I've solved for them previously, I just stop responding to their threads and give up because they're obviously here to make people like myself create everything in their server.

I may come off as harsh, but that's what happens when I'm in the support board solving people's problems for 3~ years and getting users exactly like I've described over and over again, and they do not stop.

TL;DR Basically what @HalfAway said, people ask the same shit over and over again and full on expect people to solve every single problem for them, and it gets extremely frustrating.
well said, signing under that.

"I Need an urgent help.
OTX2 "

😏

Alot of users provide good support/help, but sometimes the same people asks about the same stuff over and over again.
Just create a thread if you need help, but you need to have patience, sometimes it can take a while to get the requested help.
I know that and Respecting that you have to be patience. Not what iam aming for.

If you've seen my posts asking for help to solve & learn then you must have notice what i've been posting out inorder to help people?
I take all my knowledge posting up tutorials for others to learn from what I know. And iam sorry that you feel that way, I sadly can agree on the most you just said but that's not really what iam aming for.
I we're talking with a guy on pms and the words that got me a bit confused/angry we're "I don't care" in a nutshell.

Iam trying to make my way up to the top and are willing to learn what iam doing wrong and gently asks for help. I do get the help I need and posting up active myself.
But the thing was the conversations that I had with a few people saying that it's not worth spending time on people becouse everyone is just the same.
I can say that I admire people on Otland for what they do but the rest that's not like you are?

I know that and Respecting that you have to be patience. Not what iam aming for.

If you've seen my posts asking for help to solve & learn then you must have notice what i've been posting out inorder to help people?
I take all my knowledge posting up tutorials for others to learn from what I know. And iam sorry that you feel that way, I sadly can agree on the most you just said but that's not really what iam aming for.
I we're talking with a guy on pms and the words that got me a bit confused/angry we're "I don't care" in a nutshell.

Iam trying to make my way up to the top and are willing to learn what iam doing wrong and gently asks for help. I do get the help I need and posting up active myself.
But the thing was the conversations that I had with a few people saying that it's not worth spending time on people becouse everyone is just the same.
I can say that I admire people on Otland for what they do but the rest that's not like you are?
I'm not specifically talking about you, I'm talking about the average user who's asking for help; I even gave you kudos in my second paragraph for giving back to the community instead of leeching. This was not meant as a personal attack towards you.

I'm not specifically talking about you, I'm talking about the average user who's asking for help; I even gave you kudos in my second paragraph for giving back to the community instead of leeching. This was not meant as a personal attack towards you.
I apologize for taking it on a personal level, think I we're too fast reading it instead of thinking it thru.
And when I think afther it it's true, what you said.
My apologies for being to messed up in my head before just thinking it thru, close this therd if possible

Asking for help on Otland is like asking for money on the street to random people, they look strange on you and ask W T F are you doing?
It's like "You don't have any money" or "Havn't you worked for it yourself?" (Trigger line)
Exept that it's in scripting
"Can't you solve this simple task?" - No why TF would I ask for help if I cannot solve it myself due to lack of knowledge? I came to learn woman!
Why would it be this way just becouse you have lack of skills on something which someone else don't have?

Or is it that everyone here is just trying to give the most simple things out so they can be seen without putting alot of effort into help Otland remain as a great community?
No offence to you that's doing whatever you can to help others, just that in my pms there have been a bit off on this and now iam just tired of it all.

I'd thought this before.

It's sad to see no one really sharing much in this community (they actually share quiet a lot, but i mean with specific/custom stuff, hard to explain), but there was sooo much sharing in the botting communities.

I think it comes down to people being lazy a bit. They just want answers handed to them (like the lazy botters) instead of learning any actual programming skills to fix and change their own distros

With so many versions out there, issue usually vary a LOT between people, since we're not all on the same page. What is an issue for 1 might not be an issue for anyone else.

Last edited:
Back